Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Did Fosu dive?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Convinced it was a penalty at the time. However, after seeing the replay I am now more inclined to say there was some playacting involved
  • Options
    I don't think it was a dive, but don't see enough contact to warrant a penalty. I don't agree that going over easy is the same as diving. So no penalty but no yellow for me.

As others have said, weird with Fosu as I have seen him go to ground very quickly but he chose not too against Fleetwood. Selfish if it's purely to do with the hat trick.
  • Options

The video isn't really conclusive, but I'm inclined to think the officials got it right.

https://youtu.be/CJTKmBmZU8o

Looks like a dive to me. Jumped over the challenge then threw himself to the ground.
  • Options
    I am in the upper west near the away fans end, so had a decent view and thought that he had his ankle tapped by the defender and just went down. Noted he did not appeal for the penalty just looked to the ref.
  • Options

cafctom said:

I think there was contact. I also think Fosu chose to go down the moment he felt contact, and he didn't do a great job of making it look convincing.

Tough one.

Doesn't sound too tough, if that's what happened, he dived.
    Within your rights to go over if someone clips your ankles...

The video isn't really conclusive, but I'm inclined to think the officials got it right.

https://youtu.be/CJTKmBmZU8o

I'd say after blowing the video up onto full screen, and running it through 4 or 5 or about 20 times, Fosu seems to trip himself whilst attempting to dodge actually being fouled. I think he probably wasn't totally sure if he had been clipped.

Not a yellow card, maybe a word in his ear as Fosu didn't even try to claim it.
  • Options
    If it looks to some like a dive then better to get a yellow on the day (unless its a second yellow) as they are dishing out retrospective bans for diving now
  • Options
    The linesman seems to be saying that he couldn't tell if it was a dive or not. I don't think he should have been booked.
  • Options
    Based on numerous viewings of the incident and the quality of the rest of his decision making throughout the game, he dived.
    Apart from the goal, his choices to shoot or pass or hold on were consistently wrong; when he did pass, especially first half they mostly went astray. His effort and enthusiasm are to be commended, highly, but the end product is so often lacking. Breaking with the ball at his feet, at his pace, always looks exciting but if he improves his decision making and pass quality by as little as 10%, he's gonna be a dramatically more dangerous prospect.