Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

La Liga 2017-2018

Comments

• Eibar up into 6th now after a last gasp winner at Leganes.

Smallest club in the division, average gates of 5k, and they're 5 points off a champions league spot.

Eibar doing incredibly, and with Marko Dmitrovic in goal as well. To be where they are is amazing.
    Only 26 too. Shame we didn't keep him, would be our first choice right now.
  • Another cracker at the Villamarin tonight. What a game
  • Asensio is an incredible talent. Amazed he doesn't start more games.

Changed the CL game in midweek when he came on and scored twice last night.
  • Asensio is an incredible talent. Amazed he doesn't start more games.

Changed the CL game in midweek when he came on and scored twice last night.

Quality player when he wants to be. Before going to watch them last week, I got talking to an expat in a bar before the game - he goes to most Real home games. Said that Asensio is one of the most frustrating players he has ever seen, clearly has the ability but the work ethic lets him down. Watching the game, every signal player was working hard, tracking back (Ronaldo and Benzema were classic examples - one of them would always track back - I was amazed at the amount of time Ronaldo spent in his own half). Asensio didn’t really do that.
  • Saw something i thought i'd never see today.

Madrid get a penalty, Ronaldo is on a hat trick................you expect the inevitable.

But no, amazingly he passed up the chance to score and instead let Benzema take it because he's been on a long scoreless run. Benzema scored to make it 4-0
  • Slow start to the Barca game.

5 minutes gone. 1-1.
  • Ruthless performance from Atletico tonight, might yet have a say in where the title ends up.

Sevilla very poor, having played well against Man U last week.
  • edited February 2018
    Lots in the news here about Fernando Torres being on his way out of the club. He's a legend for Atletico but it's going to be hard for him to get much action now with Diego Costa and Griezmann ahead of him. Rumours of a big money move to China but would be great to see him end up at his home town club of third division Fuenlabrada, as their stadium is named after him!
  • During a press conference this week, Simeone was asked: ‘Would you be willing to do everything to make sure that Fernando Torres returns next season?’
    But the Atletico boss bluntly replied: ‘No.’

Cheerio then Torres!
  • Sponsored links:

• Defeat for Real Madrid tonight against Espanyol and they could drop down to fourth again tomorrow if Valencia win. It's been an stinker of a league season for Real and the papers here seem pretty certain that Zidane will not carry on at the end of the season. He was talking about how draining and consuming the job is recently, seemingly to signpost his departure.
  • Victory for Barcelona today against Atletico, their only possible rival, will pretty much confirm the league title is theirs. Hoping that Atletico can get a result today but it's looking unlikely: Barcelona currently 1-0 up at half time.
  • Title is Barcelona's after their win yesterday but hoping Atletico can still finish the season as the top team in Madrid.
  • Eibar v Real Madrid is the early game with ex-Charlton goalkeeper Dmitrovic in goal for Eibar.
  • Excellent 2-0 victory for Valencia at Sevilla today. 11 points clear of 5th placed Sevilla, so probably sealed a Champions League spot this afternoon.
  • Eibar v Real Madrid is the early game with ex-Charlton goalkeeper Dmitrovic in goal for Eibar.

Win for Real Madrid but just saw the highlights and Dmitrovic made a couple of superb saves.
  • Dropped points for Barcelona in their 2-2 draw against Sevilla and they were lucky to get a point. Win for Atletico last night against Clarence Seedorf's seemingly doomed Deportivo but it will take a big collapse for Barcelona not to win the title.
  • I'm off to Bilbao again in a couple of weeks. Hoping to get Bilbao v Deportivo in and potentially Eibar v Alaves on the Sunday but have heard it's a big Derby so getting a ticket might be difficult
  • edited April 2018
    cafc4life said:

I'm off to Bilbao again in a couple of weeks. Hoping to get Bilbao v Deportivo in and potentially Eibar v Alaves on the Sunday but have heard it's a big Derby so getting a ticket might be difficult

Nice one. Drove through Eibar on the way to SAN Sebastian - strange place.

I still have the match day magazine for you from the game I went to in September! If you can, pick one up for me from the Bilbao game please mate.
  • edited April 2018

cafc4life said:

I'm off to Bilbao again in a couple of weeks. Hoping to get Bilbao v Deportivo in and potentially Eibar v Alaves on the Sunday but have heard it's a big Derby so getting a ticket might be difficult

I still have the match day magazine for you from the game I went to in September! If you can, pick one up for me from the Bilbao game please mate.
    Yeah we did similar , literally nothing there really is there .

Totally forgot about that . Will grab one mate and maybe we can swap before the Blackburn home game assuming you're going
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Yeah we did similar , literally nothing there really is there .

Totally forgot about that . Will grab one mate and maybe we can swap before the Blackburn home game assuming you're going
    Cheers. Yep, will be at the Blackburn game mate.
  • cafc4life said:

Have you got a ticket? I'm off to Bilbao start of May and they're playing Betis at home - looking at how difficult/easy it is to get a ticket.
  • olster said:

cafc4life said:

Have you got a ticket? I'm off to Bilbao start of May and they're playing Betis at home - looking at how difficult/easy it is to get a ticket.
    I went to watch Bilbao in September. The tickets went on general sale the at 10am the Monday before the game (which was the following Sunday). I managed to buy 4 Online. €48 each and decent seats.

I’d recommend doing stadium tour as well.

Also, travel around using the metro as well, dirt cheap and stops right near the stadium.
  • olster said:

cafc4life said:

I went to watch Bilbao in September. The tickets went on general sale the at 10am the Monday before the game (which was the following Sunday). I managed to buy 4 Online. €48 each and decent seats.

Also, travel around using the metro as well, dirt cheap and stops right near the stadium.
    Great thanks, just the sort of info I needed.

Will be with the GF, so the stadium tour too might be a bit too much football :-1:
  • olster said:

olster said:

cafc4life said:

Great thanks, just the sort of info I needed.

Will be with the GF, so the stadium tour too might be a bit too much football :-1:
    Meant to say there is a cracking pub not far from the ground called The Sir Winston Churchill (not very basque I know) it’s just a 2 min walk from the San Mames metro stop - the Gin and Tonic in there was top notch.
  • olster said:

cafc4life said:

Bought my ticket this morning . €32.50 which basically worked out to £29. Also got tickets for Eibar v Alaves on Sunday for £27. Can't bloody wait . Will be the second time I've been , really enjoyed first time .

Also looking at going CF Barakaldo v Leioa on Sunday night too if I'm lucky. Basically a third division game
  • Nice one - enjoy the games. I'm a season ticket holder for a third division team in Madrid, Union Adarve, and it's a good level with dedicated fans. The third level is regionalised into four groups and this year the Madrid teams are in a different division to the Basque ones but I've seen Barakaldo in Madrid before and they were a decent team. San Mames in Bilbao is absolutely superb!
  • Nice one - enjoy the games. I'm a season ticket holder for a third division team in Madrid, Union Adarve, and it's a good level with dedicated fans. The third level is regionalised into four groups and this year the Madrid teams are in a different division to the Basque ones but I've seen Barakaldo in Madrid before and they were a decent team. San Mames in Bilbao is absolutely superb!

Thank you ! Yeah up until a few weeks ago they had an outside chance of reaching the playoffs but that's faded now. Crazy that their ground holds as many as Eibar though !
  • Off to Athletic Bilbao B v Burgos CF this afternoon followed by Athletic Bilbao v Deportivo La Coruna tonight . Looking forward to them