Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wigan on brink of £20M takeover

2»

Comments

• Options

Wigan will yo yo between L1 and Championship for some years I suspect

A bit like us then.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Gillis said:

PaddyP17 said:

Hmm... Hong Kong based. If you go to the away game, you might not want to buy a hot dog.

Why am I totally, totally unsurprised that someone would make some sort of racially-charged somewhat stereotypical "joke", whenever investors from the Far East are reportedly interested in a football club?
    I don't think you get the joke, @PaddyP17 . You see, in China, or Korea - one of those sort of countries over that way, anyway - they apparently eat dogs. Ha ha ha! Dogs!
    Eating dog is illegal in Hong Kong, but don't let that get in the way of some casual racism.

It's not even very popular at all within China, are you also aware Korea is a totally different country to China? It's like saying lolololol all those frenchies and brits eating frogs lolollo.

Sad.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

seth plum said:

Hmm... Hong Kong based. If you go to the away game, you might not want to buy a hot dog.

Because you're a vegetarian?
    I think because it really will be a Dog.
    OH HEY GUYS HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA LET'S ALL LAUGH AT THE STEREOTYPE THAT THOSE CHINKS AND JAPS AND GOOKS EAT *gasp* DOGS HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHA IT'S FUNNY COS IT'S SORT OF TRUE, MUCH LIKE HOW ALL BLACK PEOPLE MUST ENJOY FRIED CHICKEN AND HIP HOP

Yeah. Not so funny now, is it?

I am so fucking tired of these attitudes persisting in football.
    Otto was bang out of order tbh.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Gillis said:

PaddyP17 said:

Why am I totally, totally unsurprised that someone would make some sort of racially-charged somewhat stereotypical "joke", whenever investors from the Far East are reportedly interested in a football club?
    I don't think you get the joke, @PaddyP17 . You see, in China, or Korea - one of those sort of countries over that way, anyway - they apparently eat dogs. Ha ha ha! Dogs!
    Eating dog is illegal in Hong Kong, but don't let that get in the way of some casual racism.

It's not even very popular at all within China, are you also aware Korea is a totally different country to China? It's like saying lolololol all those frenchies and brits eating frogs lolollo.

Sad.
    If that's directed at my post, I think you may have missed its intent. We're very much in agreement here.
  • Options

Gillis said:

PaddyP17 said:

Sad.
    I think (and I may be wrong) @Gillis was making this same point as you, just sarcastically. Your point stands on the original post though. No need and ridiculous.

Anyway

20m is cheap for decent infrastructure etc, however the team investment required to go up twice will be massive. Wigan struggled with attendances even in the prem, I’m not sure this is a great deal.

I do wonder how much due diligence is being undertaken.
  • Options

Gillis said:

PaddyP17 said:

Sad.
    I think (and I may be wrong) @Gillis was making this same point as you, just sarcastically. Your point stands on the original post though. No need and ridiculous.

Anyway

20m is cheap for decent infrastructure etc, however the team investment required to go up twice will be massive. Wigan struggled with attendances even in the prem, I’m not sure this is a great deal.

You're not wrong, @Super_Eddie_Youds . I accept this is maybe not the best medium for that kind of irony. It doesn't always work in writing.
  • Options
    It does sound cheap. Is there a pressing need to offload it ? This could be an indication that Wigan are not going to be the promotion threat their early form is promising
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    @Super_Eddie_Youds "I do wonder how much due diligence is being undertaken."

You are speaking about due diligence for the buyer, I suppose.

I would be more worried about who is doing due diligence on the buyer. And we all know how much of that will be carried out.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

@Super_Eddie_Youds "I do wonder how much due diligence is being undertaken."

You are speaking about due diligence for the buyer, I suppose.

I would be more worried about who is doing due diligence on the buyer. And we all know how much of that will be carried out.

Quite right, though I don’t know anything about the buyer to be honest, so can’t comment on DD the other way, but we know the EFL think the fit and proper persons test is, well, fit and proper.
  • Options
    Isn't the problem with a headline price of £20M that they may also be taking on debt of unknown size (to us) and is therefore making comparisons useless ?
  • Options
    The other factor is that Dave Whelan may be willing to reduce the price for the right owner, prepared to invest. It's not as if he wants to make a profit out of the deal
  • Options
    Gillis said:

Gillis said:

PaddyP17 said:

Sad.

Anyway

You're not wrong, @Super_Eddie_Youds . I accept this is maybe not the best medium for that kind of irony. It doesn't always work in writing.
    Yeah, totally quoted the wrong person, my bad.
  • Options
    Love CL.