Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Items salvaged from the Valley

2»

Comments

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

March 51 nabbed a couple of those old fashioned number boards, the ones that were used to tell the crowd what the scores were around the grounds. They're probably in the garage, I'll see if there's anything else in there. He was pretty good at taking stuff that he didn't own.

Would be good to see them
  • Options
    edited October 2017

I dropped a 50 pence piece somewhere on the East Terrace in 1978 if anyone has found salvaged it?

So did I mate except mine fell into a bucket with Ronnie Moore's name on it. Don't recall getting any payback when he moved on though :smirk:
  • Options
    Acab said:

I've got 1 and a 0 half time scoreboard numbers if the museum wants them.

JiMMy 85 said:

March 51 nabbed a couple of those old fashioned number boards, the ones that were used to tell the crowd what the scores were around the grounds. They're probably in the garage, I'll see if there's anything else in there. He was pretty good at taking stuff that he didn't own.

If we could put these together would make a great display.
  • Options

I dropped a 50 pence piece somewhere on the East Terrace in 1978 if anyone has found salvaged it?

@ElfsborgAddick would have been the beneficiary on this.
    Fuck off Dicky!
  • Options
    I wonder what happened to the old 75rpm record of Red Red Robin that they used to play when the teams came out onto the pitch in the 40s/50s. It seemed so old and scratched even to my young ears. (I presume it's been well and truly replaced
  • Options
    My mate Ray had one of the big wooden sword badges away, now in his loft
  • Options
    I have some stuffing from the original 'Fan's Sofa'.
  • Options
    Stig said:

I have some stuffing from the original 'Fan's Sofa'.

Are you Henry Hoover ?
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    RedChaser said:

One of the old gate swords and I did have a speaker from the PA system that came off a floodlight. I also used to have a square of turf that my dad planted in his garden.

Fancy grassing your Dad up Dave :wink:

Silly sod