Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CHARLTON 1 DONCASTER 0 - 14th October 2017

edited October 2017 in General Charlton

CHARLTON 1 (Fosu-Henry 9) DONCASTER 0

Attendance 10,917 (753 Doncaster)

Charlton Amos, Solly, Bauer, Konsa, Dasilva (Sarr, 87), Kashi, Forster-Caskey, Fosu, Holmes, Clarke (Reeves, 80), Magennis

Doncaster Lawlor, Butler, Mason, Marquis, Rowe, Whiteman, Wright, Houghton, Toffolo (Blair, 69), May (Mandeville, 64), Coppinger (Kongolo, 7).

Summary

Back to back victories for the Addicks as a determined and resolute Charlton did enough to hold on to the victory following an early strike from Fosu-Henry. The in form wide man stuck early in the first half as a right foot drive beat the Doncaster keeper at his near post. A good victory for the Addicks in a game many believed we would not have held on to last season. The game though will be remembered for the referee having to be stretchered off after knocking himself unconscious after running into Josh Magennis' shoulder straight after the retake for the second half :-)

Post Match comments

Robinson: “On the counter attack, we looked bright and we could have scored one or two more. I don’t think we were at our best but I saw a different side to the team. I saw a real desire, a dedication and application towards the cause. We all know we weren’t at our best and when you’re not you have to call on your heart, your desire and work ethic. We stuck to the task, we gave it our all and that is all I and the fans can ask for. The ovation from the supporters at the end was great and that is what this club needs; a team that is willing to go to the wire when it’s not playing well. We knew how to win today and I was very pleased with that.”

STATBANK Player Marks

Fosu-Henry = 7.83
Bauer = 7.48
Konsa = 7.27
Magennis = 6.96
Kashi = 6.83
Amos = 6.77
Holmes = 6.77
Forster-Caskey = 6.75
Solly = 6.74
Dasilva = 6.54
Clarke = 6.25