Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Posting on non Charlton related threads whilst a match is on

I happened to notice yesterday whilst refreshing the match thread during the game, several postings to non Charlton/Sport related threads on here.
Surely, if Charlton are playing, then your focus is Charlton, not Dogs or Holidays or how big your cock is.?
Surely , in order they should be...
1) At the game
2) On IFollow/Stream watching the game
3) Listening to the commentary
4) Following (and contributing to) the Match Thread

Or is just me?

Comments

• Options
    Never followed a match thread in my life. I don't post on many threads about CAFC.
  • Options
    Never mind during the match, the whole of Saturday should be reserved for football only talk as a mark of respect for our team.
  • Options
    If I’m not there I’ll usually follow Twitter to keep up with the match. Usually look at other threads to distract myself in tight matches like yesterday. Too used to dissapointment.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

For me, the size of my cock takes precedence over when Charlton are playing.

Could there be any correlation between the size of your cock and Charlton scoring goals ?
  • Options
    My browser can open multiple tabs, it's pretty useful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry if my match day tweets are not exciting enough to keep you viewing, but we need a person to do it with a proper commentary, although the usual crew are probably watching either at the Valley for home games and on a stream for away, so it seems you will have to put up with me unless we can persuade someone else to keep you enthralled with commentary
  • Options
    At the moment, there have been 2 people to 'lol' this thread - that shows how detached and vacuous some people are re this . Its a serious issue that needs their cognitve measure to be assessed.
    I cant grasp their mental decisions.
  • Options

At the moment, there have been 2 people to 'lol' this thread - that shows how detached and vacuous some people are re this . Its a serious issue that needs their cognitve measure to be assessed.
    I cant grasp their mental decisions.

How hard can it be to do more than one thing at a time though?

I have the game on the TV, with my laptop next to me on the sofa, why would I not use it?
  • Options

I happened to notice yesterday whilst refreshing the match thread during the game, several postings to non Charlton/Sport related threads on here.
    Surely, if Charlton are playing, then your focus is Charlton, not Dogs or Holidays or how big your cock is.?
    Surely , in order they should be...
    1) At the game
    2) On IFollow/Stream watching the game
    3) Listening to the commentary
    4) Following (and contributing to) the Match Thread

Or is just me?

Just you and your cock of course.

• Options

You're doing a great job Ross.

Thanks
  • Options
    Since people started posting prem scores in the match thread I don't follow them anymore and will look at other threads if I have time.
  • Options

Since people started posting prem scores in the match thread I don't follow them anymore and will look at other threads if I have time.

I follow Charlton and not the Premiership so that doesn’t worry me.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Exactly the only results I'm interested in are those that effect us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England v Windies Lords test was on while CAFC were playing Southend at home, did you stay away from the cricket thread while Charlton were playing El Presidente ?
  • Options
    One of the reasons I like this forum is there are so many non charlton/football related threads. Yes it's a football forum but I think it's a positive thing there is so much else going on.
  • Options
    The times I come on a new thread lately and it seems to be all about the size of someone's penis what happened to train timetables?
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Each to their own though, I like to tune into MOTD later on and watching without knowing the scores. Don't know why a Charlton match thread can't just be about the game. There used to be a courtesy with the match threads but it seems to have gone out the window this year.
  • Options

I do follow but I agree with you, though it doesn’t happen so frequently.

If I’m gonna watch MOTD I’d prefer not to know the scores.

If you want to post prem scores open a thread.
  • Options
    Given up

stonemuse said:

Each to their own though, I like to tune into MOTD later on and watching without knowing the scores. Don't know why a Charlton match thread can't just be about the game. There used to be a courtesy with the match threads but it seems to have gone out the window this year.
    For the same reason I stopped following Saturday match threads after the first 3 games this year I think. Was turning into Gillette Soccer Saturday with the same handful of posters in competition to be the first to post Palace scores in particular.
  • Options
    My impression is that apart from Palace matches people have stopped posting premiership scores.
  • Options
    Err, sorry, after jake scored yesterday I just had to have a J Arthur.
  • Options
    Sir,

Are we allowed to post on other threads at half time? Or should we be doing something else?

Can you let me know what time I should exclusively be thinking about Charlton on a match day? Then perhaps what time the cut off point is? Or is just the duration of the match ok?

Not sure I’ve contributed to a match thread though, so I’m clearly not a fan anyway.

Ah well.
  • Options
    I find match threads a bit boring to be honest. Tend to view live scores on BBC website and dip in and out when we score/concede.