Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CL's Favourite Albums QF 2: Definitely Maybe vs Nevermind

Comments

• Options
    Nevermind.
  • Options
    Nevermind, but in an era which voted for Trump over Clinton, Brexit over the EU and Bridge over Troubled Water over Blue I expect Oasis will win.
  • Options
    Nevermind. Was at the Reading Festival in 92, remains the best gig I've ever been to.
  • Options
    Definitely Maybe
  • Options
    Not a Nirvana fan apart from Teen Spirit, so the manc wankers by default.
  • Options
    Nevermind 100%
  • Options
    Nevermind.
  • Options
    Def Maybe but only just.
  • Options
    Def Maybe.
  • Options
    Definitely Definitely Maybe

I find Nirvana stressful to listen to
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Definitely Maybe
  • Options
    Definitely maybe
  • Options
    Definitely Maybe
  • Options
    never mind
  • Options
    Nevermind.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Whoa, this is close. Rough count has Nevermind in the lead 23 - 21
  • Options
    Can't believe how many votes there are for Oasis.

Oh well, Nevermind.
  • Options
    Nevermind
  • Options
    Definitely Maybe
  • Options
    I love Definitely Maybe but Nevermind was my musical awakening as a young teenager and so it's a vote for Nevermind from me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wish I'd voted for Morning Glory rather than abstaining. Oasis hadn't quite grown into their skin - to me DM sounds callow and a bit thin compared to their swaggering best (the next two records).

Not voting here though - I don't like Nevermind enough and I'm sulking after Blue lost
  • Options
    This is a tight one and I'm calling it a draw.
  • Options
    Nevermind
  • Options
    Nevermind for me. I was listening more to rock than pop at that age. I remember my Aussie girlfriend, who I met and over here, as she was living in tonbridge, bought me this album not long after we got together. She was the reason I went to Australia all those years ago. Quite a pivotal album for me. It's a timeless album.
  • Options
    Definitely Maybe
  • Options
    All the album's we discuss have merit. The joy has been discussing music and finding the language to do so. I wish Blue had won, but BOTW remains a fine piece of work. Just because it won the vote doesn't make Blue a crap album.
    Addick in SW16 is doing a fine job here...most enjoyable to participate in this.
  • Options

Nevermind.

Not difficult in the slightest. Ask this question outside of the UK and most people would have only have heard of those albums. 8million worldwide sales v 30 million.

If that's the criteria, Thriller wins.

End of competition...

Hard one for me - love both albums, gun to my head? Nevermind by a nose.
  • Options
    This is tough ... 'Teen Spirit' tips the balance, so Nevermind for me.
  • Options

Nevermind.

Not difficult in the slightest. Ask this question outside of the UK and most people would have only have heard of those albums. 8million worldwide sales v 30 million.

If that's the criteria, Thriller wins.

End of competition...

Hard one for me - love both albums, gun to my head? Nevermind by a nose.
    Is Thriller in the competition? Because if it's not. :angry:

I think if Nevermind wins this Charlton fan's reputation will change for the better.
  • Options
    Definitely Maybe for me.