Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson & Lee Bowyer - Bromley Addicks - Thursday 2 November - Free Entry

1234568»

Comments

• Options

Nug said:

It's great to hear such positive comments from those there. But playing devils advocate and bearing in mind I haven't seen us play at all this season and last season was utter dross from start to finish. Are we not getting carried away with KR? We have had imbeciles running the team since Powell left. We now have a normal competent manager who's got us to a position we should be in and that's great based on what's gone on previously. Parky had a worse squad and got us within a penalty kick of a playoff final. Powell had a squad that some think was not as good as this current one and absolutely pissed this league, although I maintain that squad was infinitely better. I'm not saying KR isn't a decent manager and doing a decent job but we've been starved of a normal management team for so long now he looks like the messiah when all he's done is get us in and around where we should expect to be. Time will tell.

Maybe if you watched us play, you would understand, although I appreciate you don't want to until RD sells.
    I have seen the last two matches in full. I am very glad we won but I enjoyed the football under Powell more.

• Options

Nug said:

It's great to hear such positive comments from those there. But playing devils advocate and bearing in mind I haven't seen us play at all this season and last season was utter dross from start to finish. Are we not getting carried away with KR? We have had imbeciles running the team since Powell left. We now have a normal competent manager who's got us to a position we should be in and that's great based on what's gone on previously. Parky had a worse squad and got us within a penalty kick of a playoff final. Powell had a squad that some think was not as good as this current one and absolutely pissed this league, although I maintain that squad was infinitely better. I'm not saying KR isn't a decent manager and doing a decent job but we've been starved of a normal management team for so long now he looks like the messiah when all he's done is get us in and around where we should expect to be. Time will tell.

Maybe if you watched us play, you would understand, although I appreciate you don't want to until RD sells.
    I have seen the last two matches in full. I am very glad we won but I enjoyed the football under Powell more.

The last 2 games were very dour affairs, but a win's a win.
  • Options

Nug said:

The last 2 games were very dour affairs, but a win's a win.
    I agree and am grateful for six points. But forgive me for not going OTT on the Robinson hyperbole.
  • Options

Nug said:

Maybe I would.
  • Options
    The most straightforward way to assimilate or judge Karl Robinson (and by implication the thread that joins him to the regime) is results first and foremost. I believe Karl knows this full well.
    That he is getting them with more attractive football than Slade served up is a bonus. It is up to each individual as to whether they take to Karl Robinson as a person. For me I quite like what I know of him so far.
  • Options

The big question is Karl Liverpool or Everton?

And what does he think of Joey Barton saying that David Unsworth was a jumped up PE teacher.

Bumped into Karl , whilst in the men’s toilets (honest gov) did manage to ask him whether he was a Liverpool or Everton fan ( Liverpool ) proceeded to ask him if we could bring any of Liverpool’s youngsters in on loan, didn’t ask the other question re Unsworth considering the fact I didn’t want him to walk out of the loos with a bit wet patch down his front!
  • Options
    Really good to read all this positivity and opinion over KR. He deserves a bit of credit
  • Options
    Nug said:

As someone who also hasn't given Duchatelet another penny this season, I have to say I have been thinking exactly the same. What I can almost guarantee Nug, is that when we are eventually enticed back, the team will serve up a complete stinker irrespective of the circumstances.