Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Fair play to him. Seems he's a great motivator and like that interview highlights the margins are so slim that maybe that is the only difference sometimes.

This part pretty much sums up the recipe for success, and it's shades of what Robinson is doing for us tbh:

"The squad I inherited was on the experienced side, shall we say, and there were a few of them who had played higher up for so-called bigger clubs. Something certainly was not right. But thankfully we managed to get things going. Now, I think there is a lot more appreciation of what it means to be playing for Shrewsbury Town."
  • Options
    Still don’t think they will be there come end of season, and hopefully not as there fans from what I’ve seen represent the dingles on holiday
  • Options
    "Now, I think there is a lot more appreciation of what it means to be playing for Shrewsbury Town."

Fuck me, it's hardly Barca or Real Madrid. It's Shrewsbury with 5k fans.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

"Now, I think there is a lot more appreciation of what it means to be playing for Shrewsbury Town."

That is all I would hope for at any level and a basic building block for a good team spirit, whatever the size of the audience. It was us in the 80s under Lennie. Games with Shrewsbury then were fairly common and good fun. Part of history.
  • Options
    What are the CEO's PowerPoint presentation skills like?
  • Options
    They were widely tipped to be relegated at the start o the season but have shown that a team can be greater than the sum of its parts.

Impressive stuff. I can't see them going the distance but hats off to them so far
  • Options
    Incredible run thus far one game at a time and all that, good luck to them.

Tougher winter conditions to come, injuries, suspensions and possible cup run to contend with let's see where they are in January.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This will put the kiss of death on their season
  • Options
    If only we just beat them away from home last season when they were dog shit, they would be in league 2 we would be 3rd and no one would give a monkeys about them. Roland Out!
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

If only we just beat them away from home last season when they were dog shit, they would be in league 2 we would be 3rd and no one would give a monkeys about them. Roland Out!

Are....

....are you saying that if we beat them last season....

....we'd have 3 more points.........

..........this season..........?
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

And we should have with a Ricky hat rick which was not enough with Fred Karno defending going on behind him to gift them victory.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Nicholas said:

Are....

No I'm saying if we had beat them last season, they would be in league 2 and we would be in 3rd in this division right now
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Leuth said:

Nicholas said:

Are....

No I'm saying if we had beat them last season, they would be in league 2 and we would be in 3rd in this division right now
    I'm not sure who is whooshing who here :wink:
  • Options
    Looking forward to this away day, and hopefully all the points.
  • Options

Excellent - I'll start a similar thread for Wigan

Who's going to take Blackburn?

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Swisdom said:

Excellent - I'll start a similar thread for Wigan

Who's going to take Blackburn?

You'll never take the Charlton (selective memory) :wink:
  • Options
    I've played a blinder here haven't I
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Still don’t think they will be there come end of season, and hopefully not as there fans from what I’ve seen represent the dingles on holiday

Nice town though.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I've played a blinder here haven't I

Typical different wave length keeper's thought process :wink:
  • Options
    My old class mate's son is the Shrews goalie this season (Henderson).

Clearly a better player than his Dad.....who was a wonderful playground player (had all the twists, turns, greed and used to give a running commentary while he was on the ball!) but a fish out of water on an actual football pitch and in an actual game!

Dad (Doug) was a great lad though....the school comedian.....and I'm glad to see his son doing so well (think he's on loan from Manchester Utd).
  • Options
    good to see this thread, was just thinking that I know absolutely nothing about them, couldn't name the manager, the key players or the owner. Now at least I know the names, but I am not sure I really am much the wiser about how such a remarkable turnaround happened. I feel there isn't enough there to sustain it, but...Leicester....
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Incredible run thus far one game at a time and all that, good luck to them.

Tougher winter conditions to come, injuries, suspensions and possible cup run to contend with let's see where they are in January.

"Let's see where they are", you're on the wrong forum mate!
  • Options
    The only difference being it's a glass half empty observation :wink: .
  • Options

good to see this thread, was just thinking that I know absolutely nothing about them, couldn't name the manager, the key players or the owner. Now at least I know the names, but I am not sure I really am much the wiser about how such a remarkable turnaround happened. I feel there isn't enough there to sustain it, but...Leicester....

Going by that article it sounds a proper old fashioned Alan Curbishley / Charlton players... i.e. He's picked up players he knows from previous clubs and lower Divisions (those who are hungry to suceed and prove people wrong) combined with those who have dropped down the Leagues and need to understand what the club is about.

If that is the case then Shrewsbury are a very dangerous team
  • Options

Going by that article it sounds a proper old fashioned Alan Curbishley / Charlton players... i.e. He's picked up players he knows from previous clubs and lower Divisions (those who are hungry to suceed and prove people wrong) combined with those who have dropped down the Leagues and need to understand what the club is about.

If that is the case then Shrewsbury are a very dangerous team
    Yes. Especially if the chairman stays in the background and quietly supports the manager, and the fans - they have something called " a fans' Parliament" apparently - are aligned with the direction of the club. I start to see what you mean...