Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic v AFC Wimbledon | Sat 28 Oct | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• edited October 2017
    The problem at the back for us is that Taylor for Wimbledon is quite quick. I think DaSilva comes back in to the side no matter what, he provides such an important attacking outlet and recovery pace. It leaves two of three from Sarr, Bauer, and Konsa. I suspect is will be Bauer and Konsa, which would undoubtedly be harsh on Sarr, but Bauer has quietly been really effective this season and Konsa has that turn of pace to defend against quicker players. Also, I don't think he trusts Konsa and Sarr to play together. On form that might be the best partnership at the moment just because both were excellent on Saturday, but I think with those two we lack the calmness and leadership of a Bauer. The only other alternative is dropping Solly, which I think I would do personally, but I don't think Karl will.

Also, I think Reeves comes in for this one. I think he's better at picking a pass and breaking teams down, and is more comfortable operating on the right. I know he wasn't brilliant against Oxford, but it was his first start in something like five months and he looked rusty. He's got a lot more to offer than that, and with, I suspect, Wimbledon looking to play two banks of four and defend deep then go route one I think he's the better option than Clarke at the moment.

Amos
    Solly Konsa Bauer DaSilva
    ........ F-Caskey Kashi
    Reeves.... Fosu..... Holmes
    ........... Magennis
  • 5-0. JFC, Magennis 2, Holmes 2 with the goals
  • ozaddick said:

Why the hatred at him though? He was just the manager of MK. Surely their beef is with the owners.

I didnt understand what they seem to think hes lying about?
  • CAFCTrev said:

ozaddick said:

Why the hatred at him though? He was just the manager of MK. Surely their beef is with the owners.

People think Gillingham is a wank away day and it is tbf .
    But fuck me Wimbledon away last season was ten times worse.
    Shit ground
    Shit atmosphere
    Shit view
    I'm fact shit everything.
    Hope we smash the wankers
  • CAFCTrev said:

ozaddick said:

Shit ground
    Shit atmosphere
    Shit view
    Agreed, I went there thinking there wouldnt really be any animosity, but some of the bile their fans spewed at Karl was disgusting. Not to mention some of the "banter" they were hurling at us.

Really hope we beat them.
  • Fully fit squad. Confidence high. Wimbledon not having a great season. Has to be a defeat.

Seriously i'm going for a big win. 5-1

Beds, did you go to sleep and wake up this morning supporting someone else?

These are exactly the sort of circumstances that lull us poor bastards into a false sense of optimism.
  • CAFCTrev said:

ozaddick said:

Shit ground
    Shit atmosphere
    Shit view
    You got some front.
    Free beer in the pub before and you got to use you oap bus pass and you say shit everthing
  • CAFCTrev said:

ozaddick said:

Shit ground
    Shit atmosphere
    Shit view
    I remember very little about the trip there, as by the time i'd got to Putney Bridge i was well pissed - and then the German Addicks got on !
    The only things i remember about the game is Rickaaaays free-kick and it being effing cold.
  • Freezing cold day, shit ground, home fans were pretentious holier than though knobs, had a row with a steward on the way in as she was getting heavy handed with Charlton fans, had to have a word with our OB oz as she was about to try the same with the wrong people (akin to the dumb bint in front of the covered end v Swindon last season)
    As for that banner and the ground staff members disgusting comments to KR, yes we owe them, disliked the fuckers ever since that day.
    Hope we smash them 3-0
  • Sponsored links:

• 3-1 Holmes certain to score
  • edited October 2017

CAFCTrev said:

ozaddick said:

Shit ground
    Shit atmosphere
    Shit view
    I remember very little about the trip there, as by the time i'd got to Putney Bridge i was well pissed - and then the German Addicks got on !
    The only things i remember about the game is Rickaaaays free-kick and it being effing cold.
    Me & Golfie Jnr managed to get right down the front & right behind the dugouts. Didn't get a great view of our goal & would like to see it again as I missed it again on C5 that evening & not seen it since. Also memorable for Novak's miss at the end - only 2nd to Rob Hulse's away to Wolves.

As for Saturday - like Large says earlier. little bro' is coming over from France to see this & he's not seen us win for years. I don't expect a win as we are Charlton and we always get let down after a good win away. 0-0 with Philips missing a sitter on 90+4 mins as KR has no other options as he doesn't put a striker on the bench.
  • We're going to bring goalie on up front?
  • Not quite as good as my preview, however credit where's credit due you got the nod ahead of me.

I hate it when we are confident, things always go wrong. Head says 4-0 Heart says 4-0. Probable score 1-1.
  • Leuth said:

We're going to bring goalie on up front?

Yes.....but I was being pedantic, ironic or just tongue in cheek. Partly to do with KR's comments today about Leon Best and his pace - ignoring the fact we have a pacey striker in Dodoo but who hasn't featured recently and with the OP saying that Dodoo may be dropped to accommodate Marshall on the bench.
  • edited October 2017
    3:1 Addicks.
    Sarr, Fosu, Kashi. (Holmes due for another yellow).
  • Should be a win but we all know what Charlton are like with these "easy" games.

Struggle to a 2-1 win with a late booking for Kashi, meaning he's suspended for the cup game.
  • Banana skin........ i'm hoping we all turn up and should be an easy 3-0 / 3-1 win, but I fear we'll have a few hiccups but still sneak a 3-2.
  • 3-0 Addicks win, the biggest win i've forecast in years....Oops!!
  • This should be a home win but then this is Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• 3-1 Charlton.
    Magennis x2
    JFC
  • clb74 said:

CAFCTrev said:

ozaddick said:

Shit ground
    Shit atmosphere
    Shit view
    You got some front.
    Free beer in the pub before and you got to use you oap bus pass and you say shit everthing
    Oh yeah I forgot about Elfsborg buying a round of drinks with your money.
    That was very funny tbf.
  • Always liked Wimbledon supporters, been through a very hard time and done brilliantly to get back to where they are now BUT they were a disgrace last season.
  • don't seem to do well against the expected to be lower end of the league, been beaten by gills and plymouth, hope im wrong but can see a shock 1-0 defeat.
  • one of them clubs did feel sorry for them, but now seeing there fans carry on, they can fuck off got a small club mentality about them, work with one very decent dons fan though and he thinks they went up too soon, and he is just hoping to stay in the league for a couple of years whilst they get there new ground.
  • Lots of confident people goog for big wins on here. For that reason I'm going for a 0-0 draw.
  • edited October 2017
    Great thing about that banner? They unfurled it right next to their family stand apparently.

"daddy its that word mummy keeps calling you...."
  • Always liked Wimbledon supporters, been through a very hard time and done brilliantly to get back to where they are now BUT they were a disgrace last season.

They have been at various times throughout their rise from the ashes, non league are happy to be shot of them.
  • This is the sort of game we would have lost last season !
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!