Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Wimbledon Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Awful first half. We haven't played well. Expected an easier game but not yet. Hopefully Karl gives them a rocket at half time.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    2 teams doing their best to not play football.
  • Options
    Trying to force it too much in possession. Important that we try and play at a good tempo, but too often losing the ball because we're trying to play killer passes that just aren't likely to come off. Too much just 'give it to Tarique or Rickie and see what happens' going on too. And the set piece delivery has been flat out appalling.

Game looks winnable though. Keep the faith.
  • Options
    Oh, and is anyone actually playing right wing today?
  • Options

Clarke mostly? But he's been very anonymous
  • Options
    Final ball needs to be a lot better... Wimbledon arent really threatening but are holding their positions really well which is resulting in a lack of space for our players.

Notice whenever we do get close to their box every player runs back bar Lyle Taylor meaning its going to be difficult for a Charlton shirt to be picked out in the second half if that continues (Even if Reeves / Marshall make an appearance)

Is certainly going to need something special or a Wimbledon mistake to see us win this one
  • Options
    I wonder why he has moved Clarke to the right, when we were doing well, when he was in the middle
  • Options
    I've got a horrible feeling that AFCW will do what they best, that is block and spoil their way to a result here.
  • Options
    My first game since Wigan we are still shit, and thank god Wimbledon are not Wigan. Every decent piece of play from us is thwarted by our own errors ! Promotion not on this performance.
  • Options
    Cmon you rip roaring free scoring Addicks!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fosu another run but they get it clear. SOunds like we're lacking final ball. Holmes another run. Sloppy ass and they get a throw. Cant do anything in the final third.

Reminds me of the Plymouth game where we couldnt finish at all.

Konsa clears for acorner. First of the game.

Sloppy arse best one yet.
    Best make sure you clear that one from the internet history so the GF doesn't find out ...
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Leuth said:

Clarke mostly? But he's been very anonymous
    Looks like it's nominally been him, but he's mostly been inside filling the gap left by Holmes who is constantly on the left along with Tarique. Don't really get why Clarke has suddenly been deemed a right winger. Seems to me it's reducing the effectiveness of both Holmes and Clarke.
  • Options
    England 0 Spain 2 after 30 mins
  • Options
    BTW. Can i laugh my bollocks off over Palarse on here during the half time?

Ha ha ha ha!
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I wonder why he has moved Clarke to the right, when we were doing well, when he was in the middle

I believe the idea is that they interchange. However I agree, Clarke is best in the middle. I think Karl likes to give whoever is in the best form a free role in the middle so Holmes got a go and now Fosu. May also have something to do with Clarke having a niggle. Karl mentioned playing Reeves on the right until he is fully fit, maybe he is doing the same with Clarke.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    | The story of the first half...

Nothing much to report! #cafc
  • Options

Get over to the Brexit thread if you want that sort of thing.
  • Options

ross1 said:

I believe the idea is that they interchange. However I agree, Clarke is best in the middle. I think Karl likes to give whoever is in the best form a free role in the middle so Holmes got a go and now Fosu. May also have something to do with Clarke having a niggle. Karl mentioned playing Reeves on the right until he is fully fit, maybe he is doing the same with Clarke.
    Yeah thats what Ive noticed... all three appear to be switching roles every 10mins or so
  • Options

ross1 said:

There's logic in having someone with pace behind a very slow striker. Sadly it negates Clarke's threat
  • Options
    Agree the left is getting a bit over crowded, Fosu and Holmes spending a lot of time there JDS breaking forward etc. The right has none of the same threat, Solly and Clarke are different type of payers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Teams are back out. COYR lets win this one!!! Come on Charlton!
  • Options
    46' The Addicks get the second half underway... #cafc
  • Options
    1st game this season, absolute dross.
  • Options
    Many miles have I travelled,
    Many games have I seen,
    Following Charlton my favourite team,
    Many hours have I spent in the Covered End Choir,
    Singing Valley Floyd Road,
    My only desire,
    Valley Floyd Road,
    The mist rolling in from the Thames, my desire,
    Is always to be found at Valley Floyd Road..
  • Options
    Back from the cold, Ifollowing for 2nd half, you're troubles are over duddo
  • Options
    47' AFC free-kick is delivered from the right, Konsa directs it wide for a corner... #cafc
  • Options
    Taylor shoots, deflection off someone. Corner to them and out for anther one...

Comes in far post, they com back at us, Out off solly for another corner. Weve started under pressure.
  • Options
    Bauer clears, to Clarke, Back to Holmes running forward, tries to find mag, now clarke, Fosu and they win it but sips and Fosu gets it but they get it out of pay and fuller is down.
  • Options
    They continue as they left off. 3 corners to them first 3 minutes...we are pony so far...injury hold up...their player down
  • Options
    Resumed..game kicked off 16.05
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!