Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

recent sexual harassment allegations

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:

It is a great, great pity that the Clintons still have so much influence on the Democrat Party. Hopefully not for much longer

I honestly think that was one of the biggest things that led to Trump getting in.
  • Options
    Well of course. While the Podesta/Benghazi stuff was exaggerated to an absurd extent, the stain of Bill's misdemeanours and Hillary's alleged role in covering them up was a dark mark against her. There was enough dirt on her to convince many voters that she simply couldn't be trusted. Next time, the Dems have to pick someone against whom a plausible or even semi-plausible case couldn't be built
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Well of course. While the Podesta/Benghazi stuff was exaggerated to an absurd extent, the stain of Bill's misdemeanours and Hillary's alleged role in covering them up was a dark mark against her. There was enough dirt on her to convince many voters that she simply couldn't be trusted. Next time, the Dems have to pick someone against whom a plausible or even semi-plausible case couldn't be built

Trump will get a second term imo
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Leuth said:

Very good!
  • Options

Leuth said:

I have no idea how he could, given that his policies so far are either wildly unpopular or haven't actually happened.
  • Options
    ...unless the Dems choose a candidate who once swore at their mum or something, then it's over, MAGA
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Leuth said:

I have no idea how he could, given that his policies so far are either wildly unpopular or haven't actually happened.
    If his supporters blame "the establishment" for blocking his policies, they may still vote for him
  • Options
    @Leroy Ambrose anymore news for me? I see she’s hired a famous divorce attorney. I’ll give up Katrien if you can make this happen. Tell her I’m also growing my beard out for the winter so have that rugged woodsman look if she’s into that

• Options
    Leuth said:

...unless the Dems choose a candidate who once swore at their mum or something, then it's over, MAGA

There was a great piece on the BBC a week or two back, it was looking at how an election would go if it happened now, 3 of the 5 experts suggested Trump would still have more than a fighting chance if another election was fought now (or whenever the article was posted) one even went as far as to claim Trump would have still beaten Hillary.

It's pretty scary, what the hell does he have to do to lose his 'base'.
  • Options

Leuth said:

There was a great piece on the BBC a week or two back, it was looking at how an election would go if it happened now, 3 of the 5 experts suggested Trump would still have more than a fighting chance if another election was fought now (or whenever the article was posted) one even went as far as to claim Trump would have still beaten Hillary.

Pass one of his laws, I think. Maybe the longer he's not able to do anything, the longer he can keep blaming others and holding onto power by harnessing the resentment of the citizenry
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

Leuth said:

Pass one of his laws, I think. Maybe the longer he's not able to do anything, the longer he can keep blaming others and holding onto power by harnessing the resentment of the citizenry
    While I agree to a point it does depend on the law he's allowed to pass. If for example Trump was able to force through his ban on Muslims entering the country he'd walk the next election which is why there's no way in hell of it ever being allowed to happen. His tax policies on the other hand are highly likely to piss off his base so might well get waved through.
  • Options

Leuth said:

Leuth said:

If for example Trump was able to force through his ban on Muslims entering the country he'd walk the next election
    Call me naive but I have a tiny, tiny bit more faith in humanity than this
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Leuth said:

Leuth said:

If for example Trump was able to force through his ban on Muslims entering the country he'd walk the next election
    Yet he was elected president in the first place, it's not as if the fact he is a raving lunatic was a secret.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Leuth said:

Leuth said:

I'd say that it would galvanise his base and lead to an increased share of the vote compared to 2016. Then again I'm a cynical bastard who long ago lost any faith in humanity.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    SDAddick said:

1StevieG said:
    Time for him to go.
    Have to say I agree with you as I like the way he has been at the forefront of calling out republicans for their recent plans on repealing Obamacare and the Russian collusion scandal and then have scandal of your own.
  • Options

Leuth said:

Leuth said:

Leuth said:

Yet he was elected president in the first place, it's not as if the fact he is a raving lunatic was a secret.
    Jon Sopel the very highly respected BBC USA Correspondent says it's very likely Trump will win a second term.
  • Options

Leuth said:

Leuth said:

Leuth said:

Sometimes politicians pretend to be one thing, then reveal their secret agenda and true personality once they've won

In the case of Trump, it was all there during the election. People (whatever out opinions) voted for him and his policies...
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Leuth said:

Silent majority mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

@Leroy Ambrose anymore news for me? I see she’s hired a famous divorce attorney. I’ll give up Katrien if you can make this happen. Tell her I’m also growing my beard out for the winter so have that rugged woodsman look if she’s into that

Funny you should say that - I was down South last weekend and caught up with my mates for a beer. There was a heated discussion around whether or not she knew he was a filthy bastard. Consensus was that she did - but not to the extent it's become apparent now. I did say there's a fella I don't know from Adam on a messageboard on the Internet who wants a go on her and that I'd get my mate to ask his missus to ask her mate whether she was into it. Not heard back on that as yet - will keep you updated...
    You did tell them and your missus I’m not just any old fella though, you did highlight I’m a moderator
    Dammit. No I didn't. Also, I didn't know about your Man Of The Mountains beard, so neglected to mention that too.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Leuth said:

Leuth said:

Leuth said:

Jon Sopel the very highly respected BBC USA Correspondent says it's very likely Trump will win a second term.
    He'd be like 101 years old by then! He was the oldest person ever to be elected - it surprised me that he was older than good old Ronnie was when he got elected.
  • Options

Leuth said:

Leuth said:

Leuth said:

Sometimes politicians pretend to be one thing, then reveal their secret agenda and true personality once they've won

In the case of Trump, it was all there during the election. People (whatever out opinions) voted for him and his policies...
    People voted against the DAMN COMMIE LIBRALS WHO WANT GAY MEXICAN ISLAMS IN EVERY HOUSEHOLD, and they voted for the big loud confident asshole who'd been on their televisions. I wish I was exaggerating. When their lives descend even further into the shit, even they might see sense. Plus, there was a low turnout and Clinton still won the popular vote. I can see a LOT more people lining up to vote next time. Whether they get vetted for race and then turned away from the poll booths by intimidatory gangs of neofascists remains to be seen.
  • Options
    Also, Trump totally HAS been two-faced. He's lied almost every time he's opened his mouth! DRAIN THE SWAMP he cried, before installing America's most rapacious billionaires to his government and planning the most bald-faced corporate tax cut in history. He's corrupt as shit and a total fraud. A snivelling, insecure coward who's sexually abused multiple women, to keep things on topic, and who's completely incapable of telling a straight truth
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Also, Trump totally HAS been two-faced. He's lied almost every time he's opened his mouth! DRAIN THE SWAMP he cried, before installing America's most rapacious billionaires to his government and planning the most bald-faced corporate tax cut in history. He's corrupt as shit and a total fraud. A snivelling, insecure coward who's sexually abused multiple women, to keep things on topic, and who's completely incapable of telling a straight truth

I'd love to see a (lost) Trump canvasser knocking on your door Leuth :-)
  • Options
    I had a gay Mexican muslim in my house once.

His moustache was a sight to behold.
  • Options
    Without wanting to belittle any of the accusations or indeed proven incidents that have hit the headlines in the last few weeks, it does seem to be now that you can not any longer have a past. Surely all of us over 40 years (except Henry Irving, Leroy Ambrose and all the other holier than thou posters on here) have done or said things in our past that we are now ashamed of. We've all told or laughed at jokes in our past that today would be seen as sexist, racist, homophobic or just downright unacceptable. However we have seen the error of our ways and so has society and we are sorry and we do not do it anymore. So why do people in the public eye keep getting pulled up for indiscretions OF A VERBAL NOT PHYSICAL nature from years ago just because it is on Twitter etc and have to fall on their sword?
  • Options
    Many serious accusations but it's all being magnified by the lense of social media. Let's not worry about proof or courts. Accusations seem to be enough these days.
  • Options
    Matt Lauer, one of the highest earners at NBC has been fired after being investigated for inappropriate behavior.