Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You feel old when...........

Comments

• Options
    When you have been at work for 30+ years.
  • Options
    wow, I thought just the standard nose hairs were bad !
    McBobbin said:

For me, it's all about the grey nose hair

• Options
    when you start looking at the fashion in zimmer frames
  • Options
    When you remember threads from six years ago.
  • Options
    Was watching an Ajax match last weekend and a young sub came on and scored twice. He was born AFTER Euro 96!!
  • Options
    BDL said:

When you're pleased to receive socks and pants as a birthday present.

Assuming they're new ones of course.

When you have to plan your journeys taking into account toilet stops.
  • Options
    BDL said:

When you're pleased to receive socks and pants as a birthday present.

Just be grateful you're still able to pant without having a coronary!
  • Options

Posted By: Valley_McMoist
    [quote]
    Posted By: Ketman
    Converse Boots are back in AGAIN ! Think I have still got my old pair from last time somewhere in my mum's loft.
    I was wearing Converse in the mid-70's. The only place you could buy them in London at that time was in the Lonsdale shop in Beak Street....Jeez, now I'm feeling ancient[/quote]

You don't remember Converse Boots as you were too old then in the 70's....:-)

One of my first jobs after leaving school in the late 60's was in a sports shop in Fleet Street, owned by the late, great Jack Hobbs. We used to sell Converse then but didn't stock them, it was by order only. They were a little 'elitist' at that time. Glad to see they're still around.

• Options
    It hasn't happened yet, but I dread the day when somebody gives up their seat for me on the train!
  • Options
    Sl2 song on a raga tip came on the radio and I said "tuuuuuuuuune" to which the girls in the office said "what's this shit grandad"

I was dancing to it in Zens before they were born
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS!!!!
  • Options
    I met my nephew (first) last night, who my little sister gave birth to a month or so back.. it was a great end to a shocking day at the Valley but it definitely made me realize time is ticking on !
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

When you remember threads from six years ago.

That would be the take over thread then.

You know when you are really old when your children ask if you have been to the toilet before you go out.
  • Options
    When you open up the sun and see your older then the page 3 girls.
  • Options
    When you can no longer get through a full nights sleep without having to go.

And why did no one ever warn me about ear hair?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Sl2 song on a raga tip came on the radio and I said "tuuuuuuuuune" to which the girls in the office said "what's this shit grandad"

I was dancing to it in Zens before they were born

Remember them doing a set in bridewells back in the day.

Also old when you used to go to Flicks not Zens.
  • Options
    You can remember the days when the only takeover rumours were, which Glicksten will be next?
  • Options
    You can remember when you and all your friends had a landline phone!!!
    The bus to school was 2 pence, now 70 pence.
    Football for-a-fiver was normal.
    Gola bags were really s**t, now kids take them to school. I'd have died rather than have one in the 70's.
    You can remember feeling cool to wear grolsh bottle tops on your DM's :(
    Farah's were for old men, then they were cool, then they were crap again. Oh and with a Gino Capelli striped jumper to go with them!
    You could do 60 press-ups in 60 seconds, lol. Oh and when lol meant lots of love :)
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

When you open up the sun and see your older then the page 3 girls granny'

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    When you can't name the next 5 Charlton games
  • Options
    Your children can type a text at 5 times the speed you can
  • Options

Your children can type a text at 5 times the speed you can

What's a text?
  • Options
    You were alive in the Beatles heyday and before we won the World Cup.
  • Options
    your grandchildren have children
  • Options
    .......when you realise that parts of the Hornby train set you drag out of the loft every Christmas were given to you as presents when Sam was still playing in goal!
  • Options

It hasn't happened yet, but I dread the day when somebody gives up their seat for me on the train!

Just wait....

At the start of the season I sprinted for a bus after a home game, got there before most others who were running for it, got on, not out of breath, feeling quite good about myself…..then a young woman offered me her seat….
  • Options
    When your children tell you that you've made something they like 'uncool' for liking it :-(
  • Options
    Or when your mum's husband is younger than you grrrrrrr!
  • Options
    Sorry, I shouldn't LOL.