Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

u2 free gig saturday

Comments

• #MakeBonoHistory
  • saw them at croke park in dublin in the summer, were unreal probably one of the best acts ive seen and father bono wasnt giving out too much of a sermon
  • Where did it all gone wrong for them, actually I know the answer, Bonio!

Shame how one wanker can ruin a band.
  • Saw what I think was their first gig in England. They were supporting The Dolly Mixtures at The Moonlight Club (West Hampstead Railway Hotel). Dec '79.
    We all thought they looked really old fashioned with their mullets and rock posing.
    Preferred The Dolly Mixtures.
  • I saw them live back in 1997 and they were very good. We all know Bono is a swollen bellend, it's possible to be both.
  • Where did it all gone wrong for them, actually I know the answer, Bonio!

Shame how one wanker can ruin a band.

Indeed. He was a really nice bloke when he came over from Ireland, and then got right up himself once they sold out five nights at Hammersmith Odeon just before Sunday Bloody Sunday was released (Xmas 1983?). A far cry from sleeping on friends floors at Essex Road a couple of years earlier! I loved going to see them back then, but after he blanked my friend backstage who had put him up in those early days, that was it for me. Not seen them or bought anything by them since.
  • Loved War and Joshua Tree. Two of my favourite albums ever growing up and Joshua Tree is a regular fave in the car now. But I just cant warm to Bono.

Love U2 as a band but Bono is a self righteous tax avading pillock!
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Loved War and Joshua Tree. Two of my favourite albums ever growing up and Joshua Tree is a regular fave in the car now. But I just cant warm to Bono.

Love U2 as a band but Bono is a self righteous tax avading pillock!

Achtung Baby is a great album too

Impressive that they're still going too, and with the same lineup, not many bands can last for nearly 40 years
  • couldnt find a relative thread,

u2 are performing a free gig on saturday in trafalagar sqaure.

http://www.mtv.co.uk/mtv-presents-trafalgar-square/news/mtv-presents-trafalgar-square-with-u2-in-one-epic-pre-ema-party-tickets-information

couldnt find a relative thread,

u2 are performing a free gig on saturday in trafalagar sqaure.

http://www.mtv.co.uk/mtv-presents-trafalgar-square/news/mtv-presents-trafalgar-square-with-u2-in-one-epic-pre-ema-party-tickets-information

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be having much more fun hammering rusty nails into my eyes.
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

Saw what I think was their first gig in England. They were supporting The Dolly Mixtures at The Moonlight Club (West Hampstead Railway Hotel). Dec '79.
    We all thought they looked really old fashioned with their mullets and rock posing.

I saw them at the Lyceum in 1980, opening for Slade!

They were bloody excellent then.

Saw them again 4 years later at Wembley and I was not so impressed.

Loved Boy and War but very little since to be honest.
  • edited November 2017
    stonemuse said:

JamesSeed said:

Saw what I think was their first gig in England. They were supporting The Dolly Mixtures at The Moonlight Club (West Hampstead Railway Hotel). Dec '79.

I saw them at the Lyceum in 1980, opening for Slade!

They were bloody excellent then.

Saw them again 4 years later at Wembley and I was not so impressed.

Loved Boy and War but very little since to be honest.
    New Years Day ? :smile:
  • Took them at TVC, 2004, live performance, later that evening appeared at BH on the balcony, played 4 or 5 songs live. Fair play to them for playing a live gig these days, used to be pretty common place years ago.
  • Weren’t they giving away a free album on i-tunes a few years back

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ew4wrtl01PA
  • buckshee said:

#MakeBonoHistory

#bonodontmatter
  • Wonder whether bonehead will stand up on stage, and beg people to put their hands in their pocket, while he purchases another shopping centre somewhere, to evade paying his fair share of tax.
  • Saw them live at the old Wembley, brilliant live band and great concert.Then Bono made some political speech and a punch up broke out over differing opinions right where I was standing. Some guy yelled for Bono to shut the fk up and get on with the music and the peace loving pacifist who was enjoying Bono’s rhetoric punched him in the mouth.
    Happy days
  • Saw them live at the old Wembley, brilliant live band and great concert.Then Bono made some political speech and a punch up broke out over differing opinions right where I was standing. Some guy yelled for Bono to shut the fk up and get on with the music and the peace loving pacifist who was enjoying Bono’s rhetoric punched him in the mouth.
    Happy days

Was it a Sunday?
  • Hope it's a beautiful day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Under a blood red sky?
  • Not a fan, and agree that Bono should refrain from using the stage as a platform to spout his politics. However, saw them live at the O2 in 2015, it was the best gig I'd ever been to and was so by some way.
  • free is too expensive
  • Q.What’s the difference between Bono and God?

A. God doesn’t walk around Dublin thinking he’s Bono.
  • I really like u2 but can't stand Bono, which is a shame cause they're a very good band.