Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Which school were you at?

1202122232426»

Comments

• Robert Owen nursery
    Christchurch JMI
    Edmund Waller JMI
    Aske's '69 to '75.
  • Chis n Sid 75-82
    Thames Poly 82-86
    Uni of Southampton 97-04
  • Kidbrooke Park Primary '57 - '62
    Roan '62 - '69
  • edited September 2017
    Sherrington Road Primary 1974 - 77
    Woolwich Poly 1977 - 1983
  • Northumberland Heath primary 1966 to 72
    Erith Grammar 72 to 79

CAFC supporter 1969 to death us do part.
  • Chis n Sid 75-82
    Thames Poly 82-86
    Uni of Southampton 97-04

You must have been in the year above me at Chis n Sid. I didn't have clear football priorities in those days though.

• cabbles said:

Bonus Pastor secondary 93-98
    Christ the King 6th form 98-00
    Uni of Kent at Canterbury 01-04
    College of Law Guildford 05-06
    CL moderator school Apr 17 - present

Cor blimey change the years and this is me

Bonus Pastor 92-97
    CTK- 1997-2000
    Greenwich not KLent 01-05
    College of Law Bloomsbury 11-12 (only time I ever gave up on something dropped out of a GDL due to illness)
  • rananegra said:

Chis n Sid 75-82
    Thames Poly 82-86
    Uni of Southampton 97-04

You must have been in the year above me at Chis n Sid. I didn't have clear football priorities in those days though.

It was a strange place from what I can remember. Way too much work. Happy memories of Mr Hankinson doing a maths revision class from a pub in Shoreham though.
  • Sponsored links:

• St Marys Sidcup 1976- 81, run by a strict order of Catholic priests, went co-ed with St Josephs mid-way through my time there
    Erith College of Technology 81- 83
  • St Marys Sidcup 1976- 81, run by a strict order of Catholic priests, went co-ed with St Josephs mid-way through my time there
    Erith College of Technology 81- 83</block

@ValleyMick you must have been a couple of years below me at St Marys. We joined up with the girls from St Josephs at Abbey Wood at the start of the lower 6th year. Hormones galore! If Ofsted had been around then they would have noticed a massive slide in results :)

• edited September 2017
    @JorgeCosta, yes I was in my 4th year from memory when the girls joined. Academically the school went downhill pretty fast but got more interesting I agree.

At least St Josephs joining stopped the random canings, although I did get sent home in year 5 for having the wrong colour socks (black from memory rather than the required dark grey).

I can still picture Father Graystone the headmaster striding round the school in his big black Darth Vader cloak telling boys to pick up litter that they didn't drop. No-one dare argue.

I had to retake my 5th year because I only got 5 O levels (A- C) and then was asked to leave after that. I wasn't the best student (unhappy, stroppy and not very bright) but went on to get 3 A levels, a law degree and a MBA.

* edit- still can't bloody spell, turns out that there's a big difference between 'canning' and 'caning'
  • DA9 said:

I moved about a bit during and after my parents divorce in 1979

79-84 Abbey Wood

Do you remember Mr Morland PE teacher?
  • Riviera said:

DA9 said:

I moved about a bit during and after my parents divorce in 1979

79-84 Abbey Wood

Do you remember Mr Morland PE teacher?
    Rings a bell, I do remember Mr Povey
  • school -----there was a metalwork teacher called Bummer Roberts ------i took wood work