Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Name the players and find the fans

Found these tiny (1.5" X 3") photos in the Museum.

Can you name the players but more importantly who are the two young fans?

What are their names? Do they still go to games?

Who took the photos?

image.

image.

Comments

• edited November 2017
    Thinking the one top left might be Sam Lawrie or could it be Stuart Leary.....and Big Sam of course.
  • Thinking the one top left might be Sam Lawrie.....and Big Sam of course.

Isn't that Leary?
  • Sam Bartram bottom middle in to die for club blazer and v neck jumper combo
  • Thinking the one top left might be Sam Lawrie.....and Big Sam of course.

Isn't that Leary?
    Yes.....I’m going to say it is.
  • Leary / Syd Olinn ( ?spelling) / left of Sam the great Frank Locke ( left back ) wonder if the huge guy in the smart coat might be Utenbogart (again spelling ?)
  • edited November 2017
    Definitely Sid O'Linn top right and I think you are right @Isawlearyplay that it is Albert Uytenbogaardt far right.

Just bottom left to get plus the two lads
  • Could 'the lads' be Michael Gliksten and his brother? (?David)
  • I thought this was gonna be an idea for a game to play at the next Checkatrade Trophy match.
  • I’m wondering if extreme right and bottom left are the same player....Uytenbogaardt?
  • I’m wondering if extreme right and bottom left are the same player....Uytenbogaardt?

No, different hair line and coat.

• Sponsored links:

• Is Ronnie White on the bottom right?
  • LenGlover said:

Could 'the lads' be Michael Gliksten and his brother? (?David)

doubt they'd have to wait in the car park to get pictures with the players

You’re assuming some things there Ben.
    Why do you assume that the photos were taken on the same day and that he didn’t own an overcoat and a raincoat?
    Also his hair could simply have been cut shorter in the picture to the right.
    Take another look......I wouldn’t be so sure......I think I may well be right.
  • edited November 2017

I’m wondering if extreme right and bottom left are the same player....Uytenbogaardt?

You’re assuming some things there Ben.
    Why do you assume that the photos were taken on the same day and that he didn’t own an overcoat and a raincoat?
    Also his hair could simply have been cut shorter in the picture to the right.
    Take another look......I wouldn’t be so sure......I think I may well be right.
    All the photos were in the same packet from the chemist, are the same size and take from the same angle which leads to me to believe that the boy of the left of the picture took all of them bar the one he is in. Why him? He appears to be holding an old fashioned (now) brown camera case.

Not his hair cut his hair line. His hair line goes further back.

I did look and the don't look like the same person. They have different builds and different shoulders.
  • LenGlover said:

Could 'the lads' be Michael Gliksten and his brother? (?David)

No idea whksten looked like but really struggling to see a young Michael Glisten in any of these.
  • Definitely Leary O Linn Lock Bartram and. big Albert. Not sure about the other one but has badge on his blazer someone might identifyj
  • edited November 2017
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=michael+gliksten&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiGlsz96cPXAhWD2xoKHQ1QBHsQ_AUICigB&biw=1024&bih=662#imgrc=hAP7XN02hJQn_M:

It was just a thought. The one on the left of Leary reminded me of him a bit.

EDIT: Need to scroll down a bit.
  • Is the one with the camera case a young Chris Powell?
  • Frank Lock moved to Liverpool around 1954 so it helps to eliminate certain players.
    On reflection I think the guy with the badge is one of the young South Africans.
  • edited November 2017
    Addickted said:

Is the one with the camera case a young Chris Powell?

Can't quite put my finger on it but it appears unlikely.

or is this some big whoosh that I've just stepped in ?