Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Good piece on ITN London news today

If you've Sky then tape the 11.30 showing on 131

Good fair coverage highlighting the upturn, Robbo, Bowyer, Belgium protests and @jimmyray95 (who spoke well)

Comments

• Options
    Anyone else see it?
  • Options

Anyone else see it?

I saw it, even caught a glimpse of myself on the protest march, which I haven't managed before.
  • Options
    I saw it - good stuff - great that we are starting to be seen as something other than a basket case now - in the wider public audience as well as amongst our own fans - can only help with filling the ground up
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

I saw it - good stuff - great that we are starting to be seen as something other than a basket case now - in the wider public audience as well as amongst our own fans - can only help with filling the ground up

To fill the ground up you need the team to be winning which we are, and for the club to heavily advertise games, which they are not.

Look at spurs. A team winning and going places yet they still aggressively advertise games in newspapers and other forms of media. We used to do this but not any more, just look back to the last few football for a fiver games and how they were marketed compared to the first few ones.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    DOUCHER said:

Based on this season alone we just appear as a very normal football club even in my own perception as a devoted Charlton fan let alone from external fans who have no vested interest.

Of course it is difficult to do that in the context of what has gone before but if they did stick around for 5 years running the club in the way they have this year (from an average fan without inside knowledge perspective) I think from the outside we would appear well run with relative financial security in line if not even better than many other clubs now days.

Robinson has been a huge factor in this but they have obviously given him more freedom and autonomy than his predecessors.

A real shame the early arrogance and extreme buffoonery in first couple of seasons caused so much damage because if viewed in isolation bar the Novak one senior striker incident we appear to be more of a normal club and thankfully not the horror show of recent seasons.

Of course league position and football success heavily influences this opinion but for many of us I would assume that to be a key factor and all the other internal politics and fluff pretty irrelevant.

The lack of protests this year sort of underline this.

This is not to say of course that the protests and dissatisfaction were purely about results as has been speculated by many outside onlookers over recent years but the overt destruction of the club from within seems to have tapered off compared to the early days.

Perhaps this is down to an impending sale and not wanting to further diminish the club's value... or other reasons...we'll never really know.

We appear a lot more stable than recent years (not difficult) and moving in the right direction in terms of manager, player recruitment and football success. Hopefully it will continue and any new ownership will build on it.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Missed it. It was Amy Lewis wasn't it?

I know that last time she filmed at The Valley (or the the time before) Katrien was apologising for not being able to give Amy an interview, and claimed each time she'd sacked a manager she'd gone out and bought a new pair of shoes to cheer herself up.

Bullet proof shoes I hope.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Roland Out!
  • Options
    Good article, still want the Belgians out......
  • Options

Sorry everyone I'm late to the party, but I have brought the footage with me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FZOEheb7QA&feature=youtu.be

Well said Jimmyray. What's gone on won't be fixed by one good season..

I feature clearly in the Belgium clips!!!
  • Options
    How did you capture that as a video file?