Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Half Season Tickets - COST MORE THAN FULL SEASON!!!! Error now fixed by Cloob!

edited November 2017 in General Charlton
So £195 in Lower North for 12 games...or £175 for 23!!!

A 113% UPLIFT for the half season!!

Comments

• Options
    Yes, but we're twice as good now!!
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    TelMc32 said:

So £195 in Lower North for 12 games...or £175 for 23!!!

A 113% UPLIFT for the half season!!

No, it’s £125 in the lower north, I think.

Predictably the marketing material is unclear because it implies it’s only the family stand at that price but colour coding suggests otherwise.
  • Options
    That's just been changed Rick. The whole of the North, Upper and Lower was coloured yellow and all at £195!

Someone cocked up!!
  • Options
    Under 11s in the family were free . they're now £15.
  • Options
    Either way, half of £175 is neither £195 or £125.
    My 12-year old could tell you that, I hope....
  • Options
    New owners price structure perhaps?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

If you support the team and not the regime (ie buy a season ticket at the beginning of the season) then it’s not an issue.

If you’re a boycotter you don’t care either way so it’s not an issue

Just saying

What about those who can't afford a season ticket, are they not a supporter?
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Swisdom said:

If you support the team and not the regime (ie buy a season ticket at the beginning of the season) then it’s not an issue.

Just saying

What about those who can't afford a season ticket, are they not a supporter?
    If they can’t afford it then the cost doesn’t matter does it?

I don’t know how it’s worked previously - was it 50% of the full price in all previous years?

Maybe it’s new owners that stipulated it - who knows?

Maybe it’s one last “fuck you” from Roland.

It’s still good value for money in modern football terms
    TelMc32 said:

Swisdom said:

Just saying

If there wasn't a market, why has every club in the land been selling 1/2 season tickets for years?

Very glad we haven't got you running the ticket sales / marketing operation!!

Wait...you're not are you??? :wink:

Just saying.
    TelMc32 said:

Swisdom said:

Just saying

If there wasn't a market, why has every club in the land been selling 1/2 season tickets for years?

Very glad we haven't got you running the ticket sales / marketing operation!!

Wait...you're not are you??? :wink:

Just saying.
    So a business making huge losses is performing well and decides that having one of the cheapest season tickets in the country isn’t going to help improve the figures.
    Maybe just maybe they sell 1000 tickets and that £200,000 pays the wages of a new striker or two that we had no budget for previously. And maybe they score a few goals to push us up the league towards promotion.

The football is easy on the eye now. We have a realistic chance of promotion. Get behind the team, get us promoted and new owners can hit the ground running in the Championship.

Those who want to continue to boycott - that’s your prerogative and I respect that. But the ticket price remains irrelevant though.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Half-season tickets are pretty trivial in the grand scheme of things. The average revenue net of VAT is likely to be about £100. In a good year the club will sell 300. We are in unusual territory at present but they aren’t going to sell four figures (without a takeover).

Assuming, generously, a sale of 500 and that all are uplifted by an average of £20 net of VAT, that’s £10k difference from putting the price up.

Prices are usually roughly pro rata the August price so the £125 would normally be, say, £99. I expect more would buy at that price but how many is unknowable.

Purchasers are, however, likely to buy match to match otherwise, at much higher prices. So even if the overall net revenue from half-seasons is £50k (@Swisdom, your average net revenue of £200 for a half-season is nonsense, because of concessions and VAT, as well as the proportion that would be sold at the lower end to adults) the marginal revenue will be a fraction of that.

I think £175 was a silly price in the first place, but if the priority is recruiting and retaining season-ticket holders then the benefit of the higher price for half seasons will be vanishingly small.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Just saying

What a bell.
    Nail on head @Stu_of_Kunming
  • Options
    BTW that was a pretty poor crowd yesterday, although the weather may have knocked a few hundred off. The club probably sold 2,000 and something home match tickets and I’d guess Rochdale and Peterborough will be no better, given they are midweek games.

It’s reasonable to assume the half-season sales market is the people currently buying consistently match by match. That’s why it’s very unlikely the club would sell 1,000 half-seasons - without a takeover.
  • Options

BTW that was a pretty poor crowd yesterday, although the weather may have knocked a few hundred off. The club probably sold 2,000 and something home match tickets and I’d guess Rochdale and Peterborough will be no better, given they are midweek games.

It’s reasonable to assume the half-season sales market is the people currently buying consistently match by match. That’s why it’s very unlikely the club would sell 1,000 half-seasons - without a takeover.

Obviously, this information is out of date because of Roland being in charge.

Do you have figures about how popular the Jackson 5 tickets were,I.e buying tokens too choose five matches across the season?

I think they stopped doing them 3 years ago?
  • Options

Obviously, this information is out of date because of Roland being in charge.

Do you have figures about how popular the Jackson 5 tickets were,I.e buying tokens too choose five matches across the season?

I think they stopped doing them 3 years ago?
    Might have sold 500 of them at best. I have the figures somewhere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DRAddick said:

Swisdom said:

Just saying

So those are the only two types of fan there are? Got ya.
    There are more, ones that have financial involvement with the club.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Swisdom said:

Just saying

@Swisdom, with respect...
    Some of us / Many of us would love to come back. We care a lot.
    Sadly, frustratingly, the conditions are, as yet, unsuitable to us.
    Lest there be any doubt, it isn't purely financial, not does it rest on the team being high up in the table. The club needs a different pilot. If such is realised, we may, perhaps, return.

Absolutely spot on mate.
  • Options
    Interesting that the half season tickets start from December 23rd, when it normally is after Christmas. If you were given one for Christmas, your first game would have happened already!

I'm guessing that it's because of how the fixture list is split?
  • Options
    I will be getting two season tickets if there is a change of regime.
    I know there are others who feel the same.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Just saying

@Swisdom, with respect...
    Some of us / Many of us would love to come back. We care a lot.
    Sadly, frustratingly, the conditions are, as yet, unsuitable to us.
    Lest there be any doubt, it isn't purely financial, not does it rest on the team being high up in the table. The club needs a different pilot. If such is realised, we may, perhaps, return.

I’m saying if you’re a boycotter you do t care about ticket cost - not that you dont care about the club.
    We all care about the club - that’s why we are on here.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Boycotters may not care about the cost, but yet another amateur mistake will serve as a stark reminder to those wavering that the only thing that’s changed is on the pitch - and that for the most part, is not why people decided to boycott in the first place.