Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club survey on demand for streamed matches

Pasting from “Streaming matches from outside UK” thread

Not sure why this is buried over there, but the club are trying to assess if there is enough demand for them to set up their own live streaming service (a la ifollow).

I suggest we tell them we want it so that they go ahead and do it.

You may like to tell them that you are “abroad”

—————/////////////—————

Sadamson84 @sadamson84

Hi All

For info we are currently doing a survey which includes seeing the demand for international streaming - it would be good to get as many responses as possible so we can truly see what demand there is for the service abroad and also shape the future of content for Valley Pass. The survey closes on Friday.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/ValleyPass

Comments

• Options
    Why were we one of the few clubs not to sign up for iFollow ? Has that been explained ?
  • Options
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Why were we one of the few clubs not to sign up for iFollow ? Has that been explained ?

Yep. It was basically because the club had already decided to respond to feedback that the out of house website was rubbish and go it alone on that front. CAFC now manages its own website instead of using a generic design.... however, this has meant that we have missed out on ifollow.

Now we have a chance to influence the club on enacting their own version of the same service.

Soooo.... fill in the survey and show them that there is demand!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

the phone line to set it up cost 10p per minute and roland needed another roll of duct tape - in all seriousness fuck knows seems ridiculous as does a tweet ive just seen with the slightly overweight ceo of betdaq working out in a charlton shirt unless hes a fan?.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Wasn't it a case where we were already in the process of setting up our very own website rather than following the model set out by the Football League again? - I think we were pretty much there with go live when the EFL announced iFollow
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Sooooo..... yeahhhh.... in conclusion, please fill this in saying that you are an overseas fan who would pay for a live streaming service:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/ValleyPass

Then the club will make their own version of ifollow.
  • Options
    I'd be interested to hear if the club care whether people use VPN's or not to watch the games from the UK as is a chance for extra revenue from those who arent located close enough to the Valley to attend anymore (Especially if those people are away at University)

£110 for 46-games is an extremely reasonable amount of money and would probably pay that for the 23-games away games and a Charlton season ticket on top of that for the home fixtures
  • Options
    I’m not sure the club was excluded from iFollow because it chose not to sign up to the latest version of the generic websites.

In the past Charlton were able to adopt what became Player before they eventually signed up to FLi. It’s more likely that they didn’t like the revenue split on offer.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
  • Options

I'd be interested to hear if the club care whether people use VPN's or not to watch the games from the UK as is a chance for extra revenue from those who arent located close enough to the Valley to attend anymore (Especially if those people are away at University)

£110 for 46-games is an extremely reasonable amount of money and would probably pay that for the 23-games away games and a Charlton season ticket on top of that for the home fixtures

Agreed... but I’d say it’s best not to push the point. They are legally not allowed to stream within the UK.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Done - £110 is good value
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Done - £110 is good value

Exactly. That’s the spirit.

Basically - do this survey if you want to be able to pay £110 a year to watch all charlton matches online, if overseas (if in UK, VPN fee may also apply).

It’s a no brainier!