Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The status of "The Takeover"

Can someone translate in short and simple terms whether or not a takeover will be happening in the near future.

Page 143 is a bit of an effort.

Then just delete this thread when the answers simplified and clear.

Thanks

Comments

• Define "near future".
  • Just read the last 5 or 6 pages. It's all there.
  • edited November 2017
    Dave.....honestly it’s very easy to find the latest news.
    Anyway in short yes there are some sticking points, talks have ‘supposedly’ stalled.....this does not necessarily mean they have walked away completely .....it could just as easily be puff and bluster on the buyers or sellers part....or even both.
    No one knows for sure......depends if by nature you are a glass half full or glass half empty character.
    Speaking for myself, I am the former.
  • It's not over but it isn't happening

Also, @DOUCHER appears to have kicked a puppy or pushed a kid off of their bike or something as it all appears to his fault
  • The Interested party only have 10m to put up and the old boy says it's not enough. So I've heard.
  • Can we delete this now then?
  • Sorry, is this Brexit or the takeover thread?
  • Takeover threads for takeover threads.

That's a new one.

10/10 for originality!
  • 10m? Surely that wouldn't have got past a phone call/email before being dismissed out of hand.

I think there must be something happening past that, purely on the basis there has been nothing official from the club.

NSNITK (No Source Not In The Know). I want a signature abbreviation!
  • Sponsored links:

• Dave we were sold last Tuesday.

The blokes a Belgian, Reynard DeBungeloe. Multi Euro Millionaire. I am hoping it goes well. New CEO to be announced. Rumour has it another first for Charlton, Kevan Nacht who is transgender. The FA are aleady sniffing around.
  • edited November 2017
    Valiantphil....The Interested party only have 10m to put up and the old boy says it's not enough. So I've heard.

£10,000,000...... no way can that be true.....that would be a piss take and simply a waste of everyone’s money (DD and legal fees alone will have been considerable), time and energy.
  • Henry's normally good a summing this kind of thing up but he's out on a sanatogen stock up run.

Sure he'll look into it when he gets back.

:-)
  • Henry's normally good a summing this kind of thing up but he's out on a sanatogen stock up run.

@i_b_b_o_r_g won't be happy that's his domain :wink:
  • Dave did you expect a straight answer? I was sort of hoping for one, then quickly realised how naive I was being !..

heard its good with 2 parts red bull and 1 part tequila
  • I do not want to deny you the "right of passage" as a charlton fan that is reading a 300 page Takeover or Transfer Rumour thread that is filled with 99.9% utter shite :smiley:
  • Valiantphil....The Interested party only have 10m to put up and the old boy says it's not enough. So I've heard.

£10,000,000...... no way can that be true.....that would be a piss take and simply a waste of everyone’s money (DD and legal fees alone will have been considerable), time and energy.

Obv with the promise of more later.
  • Valiantphil....The Interested party only have 10m to put up and the old boy says it's not enough. So I've heard.

Obv with the promise of more later.

IMO an offer of 10m would not even have got them to the DD stage so that is rubbish
  • I would imagine he will want £30m, may accept £20m up front with £10m after promotion etc. This is based on no facts and all guess work.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would imagine he will want £30m, may accept £20m up front with £10m after promotion etc. This is based on no facts and all guess work.

Not far off the mark I reckon.
  • Dave we were sold last Tuesday.

The blokes a Belgian, Reynard DeBungeloe. Multi Euro Millionaire. I am hoping it goes well. New CEO to be announced. Rumour has it another first for Charlton, Kevan Nacht who is transgender. The FA are aleady sniffing around.

Yay, finally got rid of Roland

Close the thread
  • So a deals still not off...but it has kind of stalled.

As long as it's still being worked on, no problem.
  • Dave2l said:

So a deals still not off...but it has kind of stalled.

As long as it's still being worked on, no problem.

Looks like it’s a stand-off a present.
  • Can we delete this now then?

Only im allowed to make such a suggestion.

Admin, under the permission and authority of davel

This case is now closed.

Thankyou
  • Dave2l said:

Can someone translate in short and simple terms whether or not a takeover will be happening in the near future.

Page 143 is a bit of an effort.

Then just delete this thread when the answers simplified and clear.

Thanks

Getting there mate.