Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton 2 Posh 2 - Post Match Views

Comments

• How the feck did we get anything out of that? We were absolute dog shit for the whole of the second half - hardly got the ball into the box and didnt make their keeper make a save.
    It was an appalling performance.

Just think how many goals we’ll get if we can start to play well for the whole game!
  • Ahern Grant at least ran the channels when he came on. We may have well played with 10 men such was Best’s ‘contribution’
  • Pinball football is our long awaited plan B. So classy...
  • Rubbish. Deserved nothing. Posh fans not too happy on the train. Take the result though.
  • ross1 said:

As I said earlier

We will be alright in the second half when Best runs out of steam and KAG comes on :smiley:

Was Best playing...? Didn’t notice him...
  • Hopefully the players will remember the last four minutes of the game and not the previous 90.

Not hard to pick out decent performances. As @ForeverAddickted said: Amos and DaSilva. Both can hold their heads high. I thought JFC worked really hard but nothing came off. And KAG looked lively and was finally rewarded for his hard work.

Best looked desperately off the pace. Was a huge gamble to start him and it did not come off. Hasn't played competitively in almost a year, we'll need to be patient. Think he could be decent at this level but with a two month contract...we'll have to see. It's low risk high reward. Expect to see him again on Saturday. Let him play in the cup games to get the rust out.
  • edited November 2017

This 'team' doesnt play as a team, it just tries to operate as 10 individuals and see how far up the pitch it can get. We are now getting sussed out by 'real' teams who play as a unit, maybe they have less skill, but they play together. It operates so distant from each other that there is no real cohesion, Magennis and Best , well, if you had asked me if they had played at the end of the game, then i would have had to check - this is a regular occurrence with Magennis.
    Another season of mediocrity beckons, and another season of dog shit performances.

You sir are weird sir.
    Explain why.
    please clarify your point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Watched stream on posh ifollow app. I have signed up for Walsall and Pboro Ifollow now lol. Do not know why CAFC don’t do ifollow. We are bit one dimensional at times coming down left with Da Silva and Ricky. A little lucky for the Peno but well done KAG
  • Pinball football is our long awaited plan B. So classy...

A little harsh, the second it was Holmes' first decent cross of the night and a beautiful knock-down from Sarr and a great finish from Karlan.
  • cafc-west said:

ross1 said:

As I said earlier

We will be alright in the second half when Best runs out of steam and KAG comes on :smiley:

Was Best playing...? Didn’t notice him...
    Nor me.
  • How did Dijksteel do ? Assume he went to right back ?
  • This 'team' doesnt play as a team, it just tries to operate as 10 individuals and see how far up the pitch it can get. We are now getting sussed out by 'real' teams who play as a unit, maybe they have less skill, but they play together. It operates so distant from each other that there is no real cohesion, Magennis and Best , well, if you had asked me if they had played at the end of the game, then i would have had to check - this is a regular occurrence with Magennis.
    Another season of mediocrity beckons, and another season of dog shit performances.

Have to agree.
    Nothing wrong with any individual.
    We have bad formation and our players haven't a clue what they're suppose to do within it. All accidental.
  • SDAddick said:

Hopefully the players will remember the last four minutes of the game and not the previous 90.

Not hard to pick out decent performances. As @ForeverAddickted said: Amos and DaSilva. Both can hold their heads high. I thought JFC worked really hard but nothing came off. And KAG looked lively and was finally rewarded for his hard work.

Best looked desperately off the pace. Was a huge gamble to start him and it did not come off. Hasn't played competitively in almost a year, we'll need to be patient. Think he could be decent at this level but with a two month contract...we'll have to see. It's low risk high reward. Expect to see him again on Saturday. Let him play in the cup games to get the rust out.

Fair comment about being patient with best, but he has less than 2 months to ‘do something’ in order to either gain a longer contract OR leave having done something of note!
  • Sponsored links:

• This 'team' doesnt play as a team, it just tries to operate as 10 individuals and see how far up the pitch it can get. We are now getting sussed out by 'real' teams who play as a unit, maybe they have less skill, but they play together. It operates so distant from each other that there is no real cohesion, Magennis and Best , well, if you had asked me if they had played at the end of the game, then i would have had to check - this is a regular occurrence with Magennis.

Have to agree.
    Nothing wrong with any individual.
    We have bad formation and our players haven't a clue what they're suppose to do within it. All accidental.
    Thank you Lenny, at least someone doesnt have the blinkers on
  • Blimey where did that come from? Have seen a few games over the years like this - who remembers when we were at the Old Toolbox and played Millwall off the pitch, 2-0 up with minute or so to go - final sore? 2-2. Actually saw one Addick in tears! Seems like very lucky point but feel it's only papering over the cracks.
  • Powell won with a recognised formation, people coached to do the simple things well and a bit of extra class in the budget. We have a complicated system with diminuitive players that are easily bullied.
  • Need to find another way to play if we don't have Clarke in the middle. We were so one dimensional in attack, and thus it was so easy for Posh to double/triple up on Holmes. Kag only player in attack to drop back into space when he came on. Forster Caskey was far to deep the whole game so we just had nothing between defence and attack.
  • I had to go on the road and stopped watching the match thread at 74min. Just a couple minutes ago, before I checked the final score, I asked a friend "What are odds we can pull a Schalke?" He said, "none." I agreed.

Wrong!