Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anfernee Dijksteel

Comments

• Options
    Still a stupid fucking name tho
  • Options
    He was on the jubilee line with some of his friends when I was on my way home last night.
  • Options
    He was on the jubilee line with some of his friends when I was on my way home last night.
    Yeah, my son had a selfie with him.
  • Options
    Good player and will become better with age...great game he played yesterday ….Loves Charlton and IJmuiden.
  • Options
    He must have had a 12 months extension triggered then. I'm pretty sure he was one of the players on the long list of expiring contracts this summer. This is massive, one of the few I wanted us to tie down.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    His flick was saucy for the goal and I've said it before and I'll say it again, he has an extremely high ceiling as a right back imo. He is calm, can put in a tackle, has pace, can get forward, he isn't small, can dribble, can pass and seems athletic. Ticks all the requirements for a modern day fullback/wingback. 

Having him and Solly as options is very decent, even at Championship level 
  • Options
    Had a great end to the season, went from being Solly's cover to first choice
  • Options
    He was brilliant on Sunday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I still don’t think he’s really a right back but he’s been excellent lately
  • Options
    Bowyer said to a mate he’s one of the strongest at the club , just needs to get a bit more horrible(bowyerish) 
    just needs to improve on his passing ability but like to see him pinned down to a longer contract 
  • Options
    Very good player - didn’t realise he was signed up for next season, thrilled with that news.

convinced he’ll end up as a midfielder. 
  • Options
    He’s a lot quicker than I thought. Not Kyle Walker rapid or anything, but he has enough recovery pace to get back and make a tackle on a flying winger. Crossing needs to improve but defensively he’s looking very sound now. I’m happy with the idea of him straying next season as our first choice. Firmly believe he will continue to develop. 

Ended up chatting to Dickie Davis of Sky Sports News on the way home from Wembley. Said he’d been talking to Anfernee post match. Sounds like he was getting nowhere in Netherlands and was very close to giving up football at 19. Luckily for us he got another chance at the Nike academy and we picked him up. 
  • Options
    I hope he does well and it's a shame we didn't keep him. Should have a good career.
  • Options
    Didnt need to make the instagram post but he did so fair play - personally do not think he is ready yet for a club with promotion on there mind - but we will see. 

wont be a round of applause when we play them on my part, simply a player that has left the building. 
  • Options
    Didnt need to make the instagram post but he did so fair play - personally do not think he is ready yet for a club with promotion on there mind - but we will see. 

wont be a round of applause when we play them on my part, simply a player that has left the building. 
    Only one game, but he looked assured on Saturday.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Apart from his heading ;)
  • Options
    Good luck to the boy. His development in the second half of last season was excellent and am gutted not to see him put on the Charlton shirt again. Won't forget his part in the equalising goal at Wembley. Lovely little interplay and flick to Lyle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had his critics when he broke into the team questioning his positional play and being very reliant on his ability to make a recovery tackle. The lad learnt on the job and was a more than able deputy for Solly and finally made the RB slot his own towards the end of the season earning him a starting birth at Wembley in the play off final. He was closely involved in our equaliser in that game and he leaves with my best wishes for his future.

As I've said time and again, loyalty is a scarce commodity in football, it is a short career which could end with one bad tackle at any time, go fill your boots son and thanks for the memories.
  • Options
    He's come on very well, but it's quite a jump from L1 to being first choice at RB at Boro.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Apart from his heading ;)
    Phillips was worse!
  • Options
    How long did he sign for?

And do we have a sell on clause?
  • Options
    Personaly wish him all the best, not the end of our footballing world far from it, he can be replaced (fingers X'd), Belgian nutcase should have extended his deal last season that way we could have either kept him or sold him for more. Oh well its just the bloody norm whilst in his ludicrous ownership.
  • Options
    How long did he sign for?

And do we have a sell on clause?
    Three years and I believe yes
  • Options
    Cawley confirmed we have a sell on clause (or at least Roland does) 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    He’s done well considering he’s not actually a right back and we only played him there in desperation. Not a departure that I’m tearing my hair out in the overall run of things, especially if it enables us to strengthen elsewhere. But thanks young man for the memories. I bid you farewell and the best of good fortune. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Dijksteel is an Andy Hughes with better strength and technique but less experience, nous and drive.

I especially like how he defends on his feet and doesn't lunge in. He uses strength to recover situations and ease opponents off the ball. 

Work on his heading, concentration and forward thought are needed but a combination of experience and coaches work will see to that.

My view is that he will continue to "train on" and develop into one of Charlton's modern day unsung heroes (think Steve Brown). 
    Let’s not get carried away and start believing he can be a legend. 

Anyway, a dozen decent games and he will be off. 
    Well done for calling that.
    Its quite good to read back through an old thread and see some of the comments at the time 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Dijksteel is an Andy Hughes with better strength and technique but less experience, nous and drive.

I especially like how he defends on his feet and doesn't lunge in. He uses strength to recover situations and ease opponents off the ball. 

Work on his heading, concentration and forward thought are needed but a combination of experience and coaches work will see to that.

My view is that he will continue to "train on" and develop into one of Charlton's modern day unsung heroes (think Steve Brown). 
    Let’s not get carried away and start believing he can be a legend. 

Anyway, a dozen decent games and he will be off. 
    Well done for calling that.
    Its quite good to read back through an old thread and see some of the comments at the time 
    Not one I wanted to get right!

By the way, the original comment was to do with Roland snapping up a decent offer rather than Dijksteel being greedy.