Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Blackburn v Charlton

from Ewood Park or on line stream, your marks please:

Amos:
Solly:
Konsa:
Pearce:
DaSilva:
Aribo:
Marshall:
Forster-Caskey:
Reeves:
Best:
Magennis:

Clarke (injured) n/a
Ahearne-Grant: n/a

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2017
    iFollow

Amos: 6 Not much to do really.
    Solly: 6
    Konsa: 7
    Pearce: 6
    DaSilva: 8 Despite the score, he was superb
    Aribo: 7
    Marshall:5
    Forster-Caskey: 5
    Reeves: 7 Getting better
    Best: 6
    Magennis: 5
  • Options
    Amos: 7 - Didnt have much to do; couldnt do a lot about the goals
    Solly: 6 - Better from him today yet most of our attacking play went through the Left
    Konsa: 6.5 - Did well on the ball and showed how good he'll be one day
    Pearce: 5 - Should have played Sarr, he was awful
    Dasilva: 7 (MOTM) - He should be playing in the Premier League now!!
    Aribo: 7 - He's doing well seeing he's unexpectedly come into the squad
    Forster-Caskey: 6 - Not a bad performance, had one chance at the edge of the box too powder puff
    Marshall: 4 - One of the worst wingers I've seen at this level, certainly not one of the best
    Reeves: 6 - (Plus one mark for the second half); Finally got to see what the fuss was about
    Best: 5 - Great goal, wrong net... Wasted a few good chances to amend for his error
    Magennis: 5 - Robinson your moaning about not having Strikers yet when you do have two on the pitch, play them as Strikers!!
  • Options
    Stream

Amos: 6
    Solly: 5.5
    Konsa: 6
    Pearce: 6.5
    DaSilva: 7.5
    Aribo: 6
    Marshall: 5
    Forster-Caskey: 6
    Reeves: 6
    Magennis: 5
  • Options
    Amos: 5
    Solly: 6.5
    Konsa: 6.5
    DaSilva: 7
    Marshall:6.5
    Forster-Caskey: 5.5
    Reeves: 6.5
    Best: 6.5
    Magennis 3
  • Options
    Found a steam to watch.....
    Amos:6
    Solly:7
    Konsa: 3 Sell him whilst we can! Very poor reading of the game.
    Pearce: 7
    DaSilva:5
    Forster-Caskey: 5 went missing
    Reeves: 7 done well
    Best: 6 unlucky
    Magennis: 5 poor again. Needs support

Clarke (injured) n/a

How people are rating konsa so highly is shocking. Solly and Pearce covered him all match. Look at a neautrals point of view (news shopper article) and he has the worst rating there too. Miiiiiles off Gomes's talent.
  • Options
    Amos - 6
    Solly - 6 Usual commited self. Isn't as good going forward as he used to be though. We need him to bomb on more
    Konsa - 7 Completely disagree with the above. Best and most composed CB at the club.
    Pearce - 6
    Da Silva - 7 Class act every week
    Aribo - 7 got better as the game went on and Blackburn tired after playing midweek in the cup
    Marshall - 5 Would like to think he is better than we saw today. Crossing was poor and he never takes on his man. Needs to get balls in quick. By the time he eventually gets the ball over all our players are stationary rather than running on to knock in crosses
    Forster-Caskey - 7 Again I'm at odds with JorgeCosta13s view. He played deeper than usual in the absence of Kashi but did well & in my opinion is a POTY contender
    Reeves - 7 MOM (6 1st half, 8 2nd half). Should have burried his chance just before HT though.
    Best - 5 Too early to write him off but he doesn't look the answer
    Magennis - 5 We need him to keep the ball up the pitch rather than keep bringing it back to our full backs
  • Options
    Solly: 6.5
    Pearce: 6.5
    DaSilva: 7.5
    Aribo: 7.5
    Reeves: 4
    Best: 3
    Magennis: 7
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Amos: 6 Didn't have a great deal to do no chance with 1st the 2nd was academic
    Solly: 6 steady
    Konsa: 6 overplays it too much for my liking will get himself hurt soon
    Pearce: 6.5 good to have him back adds experience and leadership
    DaSilva: 7 too good for this league gets forward with confidence
    Aribo: 6.5 tidy and effective without pulling up trees
    Marshall: 5 poor can't seem to get past his man delivery poor rightly subbed off
    Forster-Caskey: 6 usual steady Eddie
    Reeves: 6 missed a sitter -1 otherwise could have been mom
    Best: 5.5 shows flashes of what he was. Great goal shame wrong end :angry:
    Magennis: 5 even in his international position nothing going for him
    Aherne - Grant n/a came on for Marshall but not a winger ffs
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    DaSilva: 6
    Marshall: 4
    Reeves: 5
    Best: 5
    Magennis: 4

Robinson. Stupid twat for putting josh out on the left for the whole game when Clarke got on injured. same old shit formation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Amos: 6.5
    Solly: 5
    Konsa: 5
    Pearce: 5
    Aribo: 6.5
    Marshall: 4 (doesn't look match fit)
    Forster-Caskey: 5.5
    Reeves: 5.5 (out of position)
    Best: 4

(We weren't quite that bad but I'm sharing ratings with a young, rather unlucky 11 year old supporter).
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Best: 5

Robinson. Stupid twat for putting josh out on the left for the whole game when Clarke got on injured. same old shit formation.

Needs more 'dog s***'
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    At Ewood Park for about the 20th time.

DaSilva:6.5
    Marshall:6
    Magennis: 6
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Amos: 7 - Claimed well. Is quietly having a very good season. His kicking is erratic, and it's probably part of the reason why he's down here, but I have a lot of time for him.

Solly: 6 - Meh. He was alright but Clarke was hurt running back to cover for him after his man got around him. We need someone who is going to push him and give him a rest, whether that's Konsa, Dijksteel, or a player in in January.

Konsa: 7.5 - Contrary to what is said above, I think his pace bailed Pearce out a couple times. If you'd asked me which of our center backs was 20 and which was 29, I would have guessed him the elder.

Pearce: 4.5 - Some caveats: 1) I am not in the dressing room with him, or on the pitch with him or on the training ground with him, and that makes it almost impossible to measure his leadership skills, 2) this was his first start after ~10 weeks out and he looked rusty.

All that said, I thought he was very poor in the first half. I think he gets off far too easily sometimes because we know he'll stick his head in and match an attacker for physicality. The problem is, he's poor with the ball at his feet, he's slow, he tends to drop too deep making us look disjointed, he gives away silly free kicks for holding attackers, and despite being a stick your head in at all costs, he's not as good in the air as Bauer or Sarr.

The free kick he gave away for the goal was ridiculous from such an experienced player. The booking he got was clearly him trying to make amends and he got dragged way out of position and made a silly lunging challenge near the touchline when he just had to stand the man up. And his distribution is poor. How much help would it have been to use Sarr's passing to try to break them down in the second half? Instead we had Pearce doing those little chipped balls forward which, even if they find Best/Magennis, we're not a team set up to play long back and win knock downs.

He wants to defend deep, defend in his own box backs against the wall style where his pace doesn't get exposed. That does not lend itself to how we play. He's not comfortable on the ball, which is very problematic given how we look to build from the back. And when you look at the second half, how much better did we look playing through JFC instead of lumping it long?

I'm sorry, for the way we play I think he's our fourth best center half. He may be great with the bantz, he may be pointy and shouty, but we look a worse side with him in it.

DaSilva: 8 - Yeah, he's quite good isn't he?

Aribo: 7.5 - He looked SO much better in the second half when JFC sat and he had the freedom to drive at them with the ball at his feet. How has he not gotten on when we've been chasing the game in the past? He looks like someone who could make something happen on his own. He still has some challenges positionally and in terms of reading the game, but today was a good reminder of the player we saw burst on to the scene around this time last year.

Marshall: 4 - He takes too many touches and his crossing is poor. He's had sort of a weird stop-start season where he went from playing no games due to injury to playing a lot. But he looks woefully out of form.

Forster-Caskey: 7 - Much better in the second half. Given his technical ability and passing he is well suited to sitting deep. I have no idea what he and Aribo were doing in the Portsmouth game and the first half of today. But the second half showed that if you have tactical discipline, you can influence a game. Yes they sat off of us, but every attack started with him.

Reeves: 7 - A good second half and the one who looked like he might have the quality to make the difference. He was poor in the first half, but some of that was down to us lumping the ball forward and him trying to feed off of scraps. Should have scored in the first half, but showed some lovely technique to create our best chance in the second with a turn in shot. And his dinked ball across goal to Best was good and should have resulted in more. You saw flashed of what he's capable of today. Now he needs to do it over 90 minutes.

Best: 6 - great nuisance, not a great footballer. To be fair to him, this is his third start of the calendar year. His technique was poor at times, BUT he did seem to link up play with the midfield better than Josh has in recent weeks. The way he created the chance for Reeves was wonderful. I think he's shown enough to be given a start or two during the Christmas period.

Magennis: 5.5 - It's weird because he's actually quite a good crosser of the ball, and he has played on the wing a fair amount for Killie and Norn Iron, but he's not suited to playing on the wing in this system, at least not for such a large part of the game.

Clarke (injured) n/a

• Options
    At the game

Amos: 6 - Not much to do, the less said about his kicking the better
    Solly: 6 Generally solid, his lack of pace means he struggles to get forward well, defensively fine.
    Konsa: 5.5 Perhaps a harsh score, he just makes me nervous and got away with a couple of errors which Blackburn wasted.
    Pearce: 7.5 Thought he had a good game, some excellent headers and his distribution was reasonable.
    DaSilva: 7.5 He's quite good isn't he? Linked well with Aribo, argubably our best player this season.
    Aribo: 7.5 Excellent second half, one great run in particular. He wanted the ball and looked to control the game as opposed to a quiet first half
    Marshall: 5.5 Didn't come off for him today, got in some good positions but wasted most of them. He has something about him, but we've been waiting a while now
    Forster-Caskey: 5.5 Pretty quiet, didn't seem to have much time on the ball and a stupid yellow to go with it.
    Reeves: 6.5 I was very critical of him first half , go to ball rather than waiting for it and missed a sitter with a tame tame effort. To his credit second half he played really well with a touch of class about him, with time and space he's clearly a very good player.
    Best: 6 Generally speaking a handfull, he was invovled a lot, one clever pass to Reeves and creating a few moments out of nothing. However he does have this air of being a bit of a donkey. One monent sticks out, does really well to pinch it off the Blackburn CB, runs into the box with not much conviction and eventually does a slightly heavy touch leading to the defending sliding in. Worth a start IMO though.
    Magennis: 5 Not a left winger, however give us a bit more Josh please. Never ever looks like scoring, a long with some ordinary hold up play.
  • Options
    Watched the stream.

DaSilva: 7
    Reeves: 6
    Magennis: 6

All did their best under nonexistent tactic.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    At the game

Amos: 6 Solid in goal but distribution very frustrating and this could make a big difference
    Solly: 6.5 worked hard as ever.
    Konsa: 6 Again did a central defenders job ok but struggled to bring the ball out of defence.
    Pearce: 6 Reasonably solid for first game back but again distribution let him down
    DaSilva:7 A class above
    Aribo: 6.5 I think we missed the presence of Kashi in midfield just lacked assurance
    Marshall:6.5 Not as bad as some make out in my opinion
    Forster-Caskey: 6 not a great game.
    Reeves: 7 Impressed with him 2nd half
    Best: 6 Good touches, lacking confidence
    Magennis:6 A big presence and worked hard.

Clarke (injured) n/a
  • Options
    Shrew said:

At the game

Amos: 6 Solid in goal but distribution very frustrating and this could make a big difference
    Konsa: 6 Again did a central defenders job ok but struggled to bring the ball out of defence.
    Pearce: 6 Reasonably solid for first game back but again distribution let him down
    Aribo: I think we missed the presence of Kashi in midfield just lacked assurance

Clarke (injured) n/a

I think we missed the presence of a mark for Aribo.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Shrew said:

At the game

Aribo: I think we missed the presence of Kashi in midfield just lacked assurance

Clarke (injured) n/a

I think we missed the presence of a mark for Aribo.
    Edited, cheers
  • Options
    Solly: 7
    Konsa: 4
    Pearce: 5
    DaSilva: 5
    Best: 4
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Amos: 6 needs to kick better and quicker
    Solly: 5.5 starting to look too slow
    Konsa: 5.5 made some good tackles but worries me on the ball
    Pearce: 4 pointless free kick, very slow to get us started
    DaSilva: 7.5 looked lively all game MOTM for us
    Aribo: 7 much better second half pushing forward
    Marshall: 5 no end product, too slow getting crosses in
    Forster-Caskey: 5.5 normally a big fan but a very silly booking
    Reeves: 6 much better second half but should have equalised for us
    Best: 6 better than Josh, almost got us ahead a few times, but also should have done better in front of goal himself
    Magennis: 3.5 don't know how he made the full game, can't shoot can't pass can't hold the ball up - really disappointed with him
  • Options
    Amos 6
    Solly 6
    Konsa 6
    Pearce 6
    Da Silva 7
    Aribo 6
    Marshall 5
    Forster-Caskey 6
    Reeves 5
    Best 6
    Magennis 4

• Options
    At the game

Amos: 6 (Doesn't command area and distribution poor)
    Solly: 6 (Steady)
    Konsa: 6 (Few decent interceptions, does dwell on the ball)
    Pearce: 6 (Started off slow, did lead the line and win his headers)
    DaSilva: 7 (Lots of energy, reads game well, a threat when bombing forward)
    Aribo: 6.5 (Kept possession well in the 2nd half and made few direct runs)
    Marshall: 5.5 (Poor decisions in possession, wasteful end product)
    Forster-Caskey: 6 (Didn't stand out, silly booking)
    Reeves: 6.5 (Anonymous first half, our most creative player 2nd half)
    Best: 6 (I couldn't fault him for effort it appeared he was trying, but not fit and lack of quality was wasteful)
    Magennis: 5.5 (looks tired with little confidence, felt sorry for him started as a striker with no support and having to deal with 50 yard hopeful balls, then moved out to both wings where he never seemed to get going and nothing came off)