Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Yes once Reeves and Marshall are fit we will storm the league in the new year......or maybe not.
  • Options
    Not sure whether we will get used to winning all the time... cannot wait!
  • Options
    Reeves is this season's Mark Gower in my view.

A once good crocked veteran who managed to con our medical staff for one more payday.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

A once good crocked veteran who managed to con our medical staff for one more payday.

Watching on the stream I thought he did well on Saturday until it came to his finishing. More to come from him if he can stay fit.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    E-cafc said:

"We can finish higher than Blackburn"............Cuckooooooooooooooooooooo!

I thought Blackburn were poor. One of the worse teams I've seen this season. I'm assuming they're normally much better than that. If not, there's no reason why we shouldn't finish above them.
  • Options
    “I’m getting fitter every week,” he explained.

“It’s been really disappointing for me not to be able to hit the ground running. It’s just something I’ve got to accept now that that didn’t happen. I can’t look back and do anything different. I do everything I can to be fit every week. It wasn’t meant to be at the start for me unfortunately but hopefully now I can just kick on again. The most important thing is just to be involved and hopefully get the results that we need and I’ll do as much as I can to make that happen.”

Reeves was just one in a number of injured players who have had to suffer lay-offs this campaign, with the likes of Tariqe Fosu, Jason Pearce, Patrick Bauer, Mark Marshall and now Ricky Holmes all having spells on the side-lines.

Reeves, who worked together before with the now-Charlton boss Karl Robinson during their times at Milton Keynes, admits that he’s never seen it this bad at any of his former clubs.

“I don’t think I have,” he said.

“Especially the positions it seems to be happening in – it’s the same positions it keeps happening in. We’ve just got to deal with it. Fortunately, we have got good players to back it up and it just shows how good we can be when we’re all going to be fit.

“It’s been frustrating for all the boys this year because it’s not just one or two that’s been out, it’s four or five. It’s just something we’ve had to deal with. Hopefully after this spell we’ll get a few more back and that’s it, hopefully we can keep a fit squad for the rest of the season. You always have one or two in or out but hopefully we’ve had our bad luck at the start of the season and we can all be fit for the rest of the season and use that as a point to push on from.”

That's a lot of hopefully's.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LouisMend said:

LenGlover said:

He’s 26!
    He must have had a hard life.

He runs like he's 66.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

LouisMend said:

LenGlover said:

He’s 26!
    He must have had a hard life.

He runs like he's 66.
    his face looks 46
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Yessssss Reevzy - I feel so confident now after reading that.

Seriously - he feel he’s getting fitter....this means he’ll be out with a chipped finger nail over Christmas.
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

"We can finish higher than Blackburn"............Cuckooooooooooooooooooooo!

We weren't great on Saturday but I wasn't particularly impressed by Blackburn.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

LenGlover said:

He’s 26!
    That’s not what his hairline is telling me
  • Options

(Ben) Reeves and (Paul) Mortimer - only one of these has something to prove. Clock's ticking, Benny boy!!
  • Options
    Why not give the bloke a chance- I think he is a quality footballer if only some of the usual cynical lot on here can wait to see!
  • Options

He's got good ability on the ball - but it seems to me, he needs the team built around him to be truly effective.
    Only problem is he's been out injured or not match fit - so is it too much of a risk?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's good for the players to have a positive attitude and believe we can turn recent form around.
  • Options

Looking young in this one.
  • Options

Don't let Jacko see that photo.

He'll pin it up on the dressing room wall at Sparrows Lane!

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Oggy Red said:

He's got good ability on the ball - but it seems to me, he needs the team built around him to be truly effective.
    Only problem is he's been out injured or not match fit - so is it too much of a risk?

He'd benefit from playing near an enforcer type of midfielder. We don't have any though.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Oggy Red said:

He'd benefit from playing near an enforcer type of midfielder. We don't any though.
    Kashi was that sort of player a couple of years ago. Who knows, if we went 4-4-2, maybe he'd start getting around the park again instead of sitting in front of the back 4 all the time.