Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pearce to have scan today; another possible injury

2»

Comments

• No mention of solly in KR presser this morning
  • razil said:

small squad and yes fake pitches immediately spring to mind

I've gotta say the 'fake' pitches are actually no worse than turf.

http://sportswithoutinjury.com/truth-artificial-turf-injuries/

Knee injuries did increase with the 2g pitches but we're actually talking about 3g pitches (leading to some people incorrectly dubbing them 4g)

• Bench will look very interesting thats for sure...

Do think there could be someone "injured" who'll suddenly appear on the team sheet
  • edited December 2017

Bench will look very interesting thats for sure...

Do think there could be someone "injured" who'll suddenly appear on the team sheet

You could get a bit of early practice in mate and volunteer to change their nappies :wink:
  • I watched a programme the other night about Nottingham Forest European Cup win in 1978 & one of the players said that a lot of them played around 70 games that season, in an era where there was only 1 sub allowed - and the state of the pitches were awful as well. I do wonder if players fitness regimes nowdays are not what is needed for a footballer - maybe for an athlete but not for a contact sport.

Boots made out of paper dont help

Whats crazy as well is the fact that many of these players appeared 100s of times, its not like they had short careers
  • I watched a programme the other night about Nottingham Forest European Cup win in 1978 & one of the players said that a lot of them played around 70 games that season, in an era where there was only 1 sub allowed - and the state of the pitches were awful as well. I do wonder if players fitness regimes nowdays are not what is needed for a footballer - maybe for an athlete but not for a contact sport.

Our 91/92 squad that just missed the playoffs was pretty tiny, but then in those days the majority of players would play nearly every game
  • edited December 2017

I watched a programme the other night about Nottingham Forest European Cup win in 1978 & one of the players said that a lot of them played around 70 games that season, in an era where there was only 1 sub allowed - and the state of the pitches were awful as well. I do wonder if players fitness regimes nowdays are not what is needed for a footballer - maybe for an athlete but not for a contact sport.

It's a bit of a catch 22 really the pace of the game is that much quicker and the players are far more athletic that's for sure. The human body however has its limits and when it is pushed too far it will break down. There is now a very fine dividing line between being super fit and picking up niggling injuries. Furthermore the 'slippers' masquerading as boots the plyers wear these days offer very little protection to the foot. Metatarsal injuries were never heard of back in the day.

Boots made out of paper dont help

Whats crazy as well is the fact that many of these players appeared 100s of times, its not like they had short careers
    and played into their latter years.

My friend works for Sky and they are at the training ground today filming something about the use of drones to analyse training. He mentioned Solly got injured, hopefully it's nothing serious.
  • Sponsored links:

• Amos
    Solly Lennon Sarr Dasilva
    Konsa Jackson
    Marshall Aribo Reeves
    Magennis

Phillips, Barnes, Dijksteel, Lapslie, Best, Dodoo, Ahearne-Grant

My friend works for Sky and they are at the training ground today filming something about the use of drones to analyse training. He mentioned Solly got injured, hopefully it's nothing serious.
    A drone landed on his head

No I think you misunderstood

It was a piece about Karl Robinson and the use of those who just drone on and on!!
  • edited December 2017

No mention of solly in KR presser this morning

No I think you misunderstood

It was a piece about Karl Robinson and the use of those who just drone on and on!!
    Naps is alright, he's made a public apology and it's all water under the Golden Gate bridge now :wink:

I reckon if it's gonna land on anyone's head it would be Reeves, plenty to aim at !!
  • I hope Jacko has been keeping his boots clean, think we'll see him (even if not a starter) over Christmas. KR did joke he still has a few weeks left in him.....
  • edited December 2017
    Based on Jason Pearce's tweet half hour ago he is out

EDIT: on twitter its a grumpy face with arms folded, no idea why moving tweet onto here into turned into hands praying
  • Start Jackson Saturday , we win 3-0 . Trust me
  • May as well play Jacko, chuck him high up the pitch so he doesn't need to track back. I heard a rumour that his legs have gone......
  • cabbles said:

Sage said:

Posted this in the Clarke thread without seeing this one being started, so more relevant here.

Pearce is now out and having a scan on his knee to see what the damage is.

This just gets worse and worse...

I believe the team that started the first game of the season looked like:

Amos
    Solly Bauer Pearce Dasilva
    Kashi Forster-Caskey
    Fosu Clarke Holmes
    Novak

Now, Bauer, Pearce, Kashi, Forster-Caskey, Fosu, Clarke, Holmes are all injured. Novak left at the end of August. Solly's knee is still being managed. Dasilva's competition has been out for practically a year.

What other club, especially in League One, is going to have success when essentially the team you put out on the first day of the season, is completely different to the team you put out just before Christmas?!
    The team by the end of the season

Thuram

Nego Sarr Onyewu Da Silva

Le Point

Bulot Holmes

Jackson

Magennis Magennis
    cabbles said:

Sage said:

Posted this in the Clarke thread without seeing this one being started, so more relevant here.

Pearce is now out and having a scan on his knee to see what the damage is.

This just gets worse and worse...

I believe the team that started the first game of the season looked like:

Amos
    Solly Bauer Pearce Dasilva
    Kashi Forster-Caskey
    Fosu Clarke Holmes
    Novak

Now, Bauer, Pearce, Kashi, Forster-Caskey, Fosu, Clarke, Holmes are all injured. Novak left at the end of August. Solly's knee is still being managed. Dasilva's competition has been out for practically a year.

What other club, especially in League One, is going to have success when essentially the team you put out on the first day of the season, is completely different to the team you put out just before Christmas?!
    The team by the end of the season

Thuram

Nego Sarr Onyewu Da Silva

Le Point

Bulot Holmes

Jackson

Magennis Magennis
    Should get a few over from Belgium to see LePoint, which will boost the attendance.
  • Sponsored links:

• We are rushing them back because were short.

Who said that AFKA??
  • Based on Jason Pearce's tweet half hour ago he is out

EDIT: on twitter its a grumpy face with arms folded, no idea why moving tweet onto here into turned into hands praying
    On twitter all I can see is the praying hands, so maybe Pearce doesn't know yet