Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Injuries

2»

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:

ross1 said:

If Reeves is not match fit after playing last season and only missing pre-season training, why should anyone expect Lennon to be match fit after being out for all that time and being pushed straight into the first team?

Reeves injured himself rushing to get his fitness back I believe. Also he didn't just miss pre-season, he *apparently* stopped all exercise. He wasn't even trying to maintain a fitness level.
    That's shocking if true, especially as he doesn't appear to be a "natural athlete"
  • Sarr was injured in the warm up

And was probably named as sub, because the teamsheet had already been handed in.

• Dazzler21 said:

ross1 said:

If Reeves is not match fit after playing last season and only missing pre-season training, why should anyone expect Lennon to be match fit after being out for all that time and being pushed straight into the first team?

Reeves injured himself rushing to get his fitness back I believe. Also he didn't just miss pre-season, he *apparently* stopped all exercise. He wasn't even trying to maintain a fitness level.
    Looks like he succeeded
  • Dazzler21 said:

ross1 said:

I read that he was training with MK Dons but not playing in their pre-season friendlies
  • ross1 said:

Dazzler21 said:

ross1 said:

I read that he was training with MK Dons but not playing in their pre-season friendlies
    I think the MKD fan on here said he was training with them. I remember he turned up to a Franchise FC friendly, don't know if he played in them.

@Dazzler21 do you have a source for that?

Also, do we have anything from KR et al that says he's not match fit now? He started against Blackburn and looked our best player in the second half. I assumed he wasn't being picked because he's largely been out of form.
  • Charlton boss Karl Robinson does not expect to have any of his injured players back for Saturday’s match at Bury – with Karlan Ahearne-Grant a fresh doubt.

The 20-year-old produced a superb goal in last night’s EFL Trophy defeat to Oxford United but came off later in the first half.

Robinson said: “Hamstring. It’s not that bad because I made that decision [to take him off]. It just tightened up. That’s why [Ahmed] Kashi and Josh [Magennis] came off, because we’ve got a big game on Saturday.”

The Addicks manager had some positive news on key players potentially coming back into the mix for the January 23 trip to Shrewsbury, whose FA Cup run has caused them to be involved in a more testing schedule.

“Shrewsbury will go Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday and their FA Cup replay on the Tuesday, league on Saturday and us again on the Tuesday – they’ve arguably played the same players all the way along. They’ve not had the fixture congestion that could be occurring for them.

“By Shrewsbury we’d like to think the likes of Pearcey, Sols and certainly Tariqe [are back]. It gives us a few more days to see.”
  • edited January 2018
    SDAddick said:

ross1 said:

Dazzler21 said:

ross1 said:

I think the MKD fan on here said he was training with them. I remember he turned up to a Franchise FC friendly, don't know if he played in them.

Also, do we have anything from KR et al that says he's not match fit now? He started against Blackburn and looked our best player in the second half. I assumed he wasn't being picked because he's largely been out of form.
    The only source I have is a mate that lives in Milton Keynes, is a junior sports journalist and says he goes to every game, pre season friendlies and unders games... Proper loser. (takes one to know one :wink: )

Anyway matey says he also gets down to watch training 3 days a week from 10 am til 1 pm and only saw him training before we put in an offer... as soon as our offer was public knowledge he disappeared. He was seen attending games, but not ever as a player, only a spectator.
  • Dazzler21 said:

SDAddick said:

ross1 said:

Dazzler21 said:

ross1 said:

The only source I have is a mate that lives in Milton Keynes, is a junior sports journalist and says he goes to every game, pre season friendlies and unders games... Proper loser. (takes one to know one :wink: )

Anyway matey says he also gets down to watch training 3 days a week from 10 am til 1 pm and only saw him training before we put in an offer... as soon as our offer was public knowledge he disappeared. He was seen attending games, but not ever as a player, only a spectator.
    Right that's what I thought. I really don't mean this to sound dickish I'm just trying to understand. On the last page you said Reeves had stopped all exercise entirely. Was this around the time we put an offer in? And was that in August or some other time.

I trust you and your friend, I think I'm misunderstanding something.
  • SDAddick said:

Dazzler21 said:

SDAddick said:

ross1 said:

Dazzler21 said:

ross1 said:

Right that's what I thought. I really don't mean this to sound dickish I'm just trying to understand. On the last page you said Reeves had stopped all exercise entirely. Was this around the time we put an offer in? And was that in August or some other time.

I trust you and your friend, I think I'm misunderstanding something.
    No idea, I'm seeing him tonight as he's down visiting family in Wimbledon ahead of the derby game. We're meeting up for the Vegan favourite meat feast at Preto in Leatherhead. So will find out. I will likely update late tonight on what he says or tomorrow.
  • Dazzler21 said:

ross1 said:

If this is true then he's a bigger tosser than I thought. He should have least trained with MK Dons like David Martin did with us. I said on the day of his signing that I didn't want him as it didn't appear that he really wanted to be here & I don't think anything I've seen since has made me change my mind.
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

ross1 said:

Dazzler21 said:

ross1 said:

No he didn't. There is a pic on here of him standing either with the fans or by the dugout but NOT in a MK kit. From my recollection a MK poster said that he hadn't been training with them & certainly didn't go on the PSF trip abroad.
  • Just got home, mate said that he definitely was not in the pre season squads as we put in an offer on the opening of the transfer window. (and previous to that in January)

He didn't have much of a pre-season and did very light training away from the squad as his contract was up and he was holding out for one of three situations.

1. Join Charlton on a big salary.
    2. Join a Championship side. This was his favoured choice.
    3. Renew contract in the event 1 & 2 failed.

His not travelling to Hungary was his own choice apparently he was invited.

He did attend some UK friendlies as a spectator. He had no injuries at that time either.

This is all according to this one source, but he seems to think Reeves thought his actions would keep him injury free and help his negotiation position.

I don’t see how he’d know that bit though so assume he’s speculating a bit...
  • Dazzler21 said:

Just got home, mate said that he definitely was not in the pre season squads as we put in an offer on the opening of the transfer window. (and previous to that in January)

He didn't have much of a pre-season and did very light training away from the squad as his contract was up and he was holding out for one of three situations.

1. Join Charlton on a big salary.
    2. Join a Championship side. This was his favoured choice.
    3. Renew contract in the event 1 & 2 failed.

His not travelling to Hungary was his own choice apparently he was invited.

He did attend some UK friendlies as a spectator. He had no injuries at that time either.

This is all according to this one source, but he seems to think Reeves thought his actions would keep him injury free and help his negotiation position.

I don’t see how he’d know that bit though so assume he’s speculating a bit...

You missed point 4. Join an overseas club (Serie A ?) As neither 2 or 4 happened and (as I suspect) we offered more money than MK AND that he knew that they knew he hadn't done any training he had no option but to join us at the start of August and less than 10 days before the start of the season. I'm glad KR bought players who really want to be at the club because I'd hate to see someone who didn't really want to be here.
  • I’d like to add that this only what I’ve been told tonight and again is similar to what I was told about 2 months ago.
  • ross1 said:

Charlton boss Karl Robinson does not expect to have any of his injured players back for Saturday’s match at Bury – with Karlan Ahearne-Grant a fresh doubt.

The 20-year-old produced a superb goal in last night’s EFL Trophy defeat to Oxford United but came off later in the first half.

Robinson said: “Hamstring. It’s not that bad because I made that decision [to take him off]. It just tightened up. That’s why [Ahmed] Kashi and Josh [Magennis] came off, because we’ve got a big game on Saturday.”

The Addicks manager had some positive news on key players potentially coming back into the mix for the January 23 trip to Shrewsbury, whose FA Cup run has caused them to be involved in a more testing schedule.

“Shrewsbury will go Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday and their FA Cup replay on the Tuesday, league on Saturday and us again on the Tuesday – they’ve arguably played the same players all the way along. They’ve not had the fixture congestion that could be occurring for them.

“By Shrewsbury we’d like to think the likes of Pearcey, Sols and certainly Tariqe [are back]. It gives us a few more days to see.”

Will this game go ahead? as Shrewsbury are due to play in the next round of the Checkatrade Trophy that week.
  • edited January 2018
    Dazzler21 said:

I’d like to add that this only what I’ve been told tonight and again is similar to what I was told about 2 months ago.

It's all roughly what was reported at the time and what the MKD supporter said on here.

If you're trying to get a big, breakthrough contract I can see not wanting to do full training with a side you're out of contract with. One big reducer and you could ruin your chance at a big deal.

That said it's clear that he waited a long time. How much that has an effect on him now, I don't know. I suspect it's more the niggling injuries he's had trying to get up to fitness which are frankly the hallmark of his career.

Cheers Dazzled. Your lunch sounded absolutely lovely by the way (the food at least).
  • Doesn’t sound like anything serious how bad can a calf be. Ajose not really a miss and Pratley could be a blow as his age but let’s see.