Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Envy of Other Teams

Watching the highlights of Brizzle vs Man Utd last night, delighted as I was that Bristol won, I couldn't help but feel a tinge of jealousy that it wasn't us winning that game and having the amazing moment of beating a very strong Utd team, at home, in a packed stadium, with an injury time winner.

We all know, despite the ups and downs and mediocrity in between, CAFC will always be the only team truly worth supporting, but what are the things that other teams do or have done (apart from the obvious of winning titles/cups), that you kind of wish happened to us instead.

I'll give you a starter, I've always thought Hibs "Sunshine on Leith" is the perfect football anthem - a song written by independently famous fans of the club, about undying love and the area that Hibs play in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3b_lw7t2TE

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Never be envious of another team.

It makes it so much better when your team achieve something.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    That’s a lovely anthem, but it’ll be nothing compared to the first “Valley Floyd Road” at home once that bastard has been forced to sell.
  • Options
    Anyway, we can’t beat AFC Wimbledon, MK Dons, Gillingham or Plymouth
  • Options
    I get you, @Exiled_Addick.

I would say that both FC United and AFCW have my enormous respect for what they have done in setting up from nothing. I hope not, but we may need to emulate them one day.

The reason I adopted my Czech team, Viktoria Plzen was that the original 2011 -12 team which won its first title and then found itself in the Champions League knew only how to play one way. Attack. Home and away whoever the opposition. Even Barcelona in the Nou Camp. They had the sheer front to take the lead after 10 minutes before Messi woke up and decided to put them in their place. I like the idea of a team with the mentality that if you are going down, you go down with guns blazing.

And finally something more controversial. I admire fans who hold up banners which criticise the corrupt state of English football. Foremost among them are Palace fans.
  • Options
    I’m always envious of teams in the FA cup final. Would still rather win that than any other competition.
  • Options

I’m always envious of teams in the FA cup final. Would still rather win that than any other competition.

Checkatrade is now our best option
  • Options

With you there - the one big day gives you an amazing experience and memory. For a comparison, we all still talk about the play-off final far more than we do about winning the First Division two years later.
  • Options

Fully agreed.
  • Options
    BC's "Ashton Gate" stadium looks awesome after all the renovations and additions to the stands. Beautiful!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's still a dream of mine to sing Abide with Me at Wembley