Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Press Articles re Katrien Meire's Resignation

13»

Comments

• Options
    My question is how the hell did she get the job at Wednesday with all the bad publicity she had at Charlton 

She must of relied on a good reference, but from whom? 

• Options
    Women's football has suddenly become something of a flavour of the month subject in The UK.
    What’s the betting she returns here in some capacity in the running or administration of the women’s game or even as a women’s players agent now that it seems to be a growing market.
    She certainly charmed her way into the affections of some of the clubs employees, however, she hadn’t a clue what she was doing from start to finish....and as I once famously suggested.....she didn’t even understand the offside laws when she first arrived at The Valley.
    Was also capable of telling the most outrageous porkies that were seen through almost the moment the words left her mouth.
    Truly a square peg in a round hole and shamelessly head hunted by the ridiculous despot Duchatelet.
    She was a Pussy Galore to his Goldfinger!

• Options
    It's sad really.

She could have been good and she could have done a lot for the gender that she represents....within a particular position that does not have many women employed in roles like English professional football club CEO.

She was so rubbish at this. Beyond terrible.

All she had to do was every now and again....just think ahead.

Her emotions...little understanding....selfishness...power struggle and all that just got the better of her.

It was like a childish insecure reality TV star...ITS ALL ABOUT ME

She never really genuinely actually cared at all about the club and or the fanbase.
    That is what her public persona suggested anyway.

She had plenty of chances, plenty of time and plenty of available choices to make.

If she simply just didn't make a massive twat of herself. She would have been very employable....due to the fact that she's a woman and she offers a difference.
  • Options
    Women's football has suddenly become something of a flavour of the month subject in The UK.
    What’s the betting she returns here in some capacity in the running or administration of the women’s game or even as a women’s players agent now that it seems to be a growing market.
    She certainly charmed her way into the affections of some of the clubs employees, however, she hadn’t a clue what she was doing from start to finish....and as I once famously suggested.....she didn’t even understand the offside laws when she first arrived at The Valley.
    Was also capable of telling the most outrageous porkies that were seen through almost the moment the words left her mouth.
    Truly a square peg in a round hole and shamelessly head hunted by the ridiculous despot Duchatelet.
    She was a Pussy Galore to his Goldfinger!

No chance. Too much quality and knowledge in the womens game now. 

She got the SWFC because one guy wanted a patsy . If you are a rich owner with feck all football knowledge, whilst it's logical to appoint a David Gill type, you appoint a KM for your own ego. 

No coincidence that when a proper football manager came in, she was dust

Please don't come back to the game. It doesn't need people with your "vision".
  • Options
    Why would why would anyone give a flying toss what she’s doing?
  • Options
    Fear and loathing.
  • Options
    You might not, but others clearly do. In the same way that I'm interested in how Lookman progresses, and what John Robinson is up to nowadays, I'm interested in how her career develops, principally to see if she is a misunderstood genius like her ex boss, or is the incompetent, arrogant chancer that I think she actually is...

• Options
    https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/05/30/ex-sheffield-wednesday-and-charlton-ceo-katrien-meire-announces/?utm_medium=share%2Bbutton&utm_campaign=social%2Bmedia&utm_content=/en-gb/2019/05/30/ex-sheffield-wednesday-and-charlton-ceo-katrien-meire-announces/&utm_source=Twitter

Posting on Instagram earlier, Meire wrote: "My Brexit I negotiated it in less than 3 months instead of 3 years and counting Thank you so much...these last 5,5 years gave me some of the best moments in my life, beyond any wild imagination! This not a goodbye but merely a see you later! "
    next Tuesday?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Four years ago today. The announcement on the OS led us to believe we were very close to a takeover. That never happened, but it meant we got to enjoy the legendary takeover thread.
    Takeover thread RIP 
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Scoham said:
    Four years ago today. The announcement on the OS led us to believe we were very close to a takeover. That never happened, but it meant we got to enjoy the legendary takeover thread.
    That was a great day. We now know it didn't signal the immediate ending of the Duchatelet regime but it was good to get rid of that poisonous bitch anyway.
    Ha ha, "poisonous bitch" is not wrong in my opinion either!!
  • Options
    yes but from the neck down she was quite a good looker, and after all when you're stocking the fire your don't look at the mantelpiece.

- I'll get my coat, put it down to a lack of stats :)