Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

We won

2»

Comments

• Oi Roland. Hurry up mate, I've still got four return Eurotunnel tickets ready and waiting in my top drawer and I've not had a particularly good year.
  • SE7toSG3 said:

1) He ain't gone yet.

2) It's highly debatable that he's being forced out by fan pressure anyway, it's just as likely he has just finally realized his hair brained foray into the world of football only stands to lose him money because his approach simply doesn't work. The pressure from CARD has reduced significantly this season and when it was at its peak there was virtually no sign he was going to sell up so hard to make a clear case that supporter unrest is the main driver for him selling up.

Couldnt disagree with the last bit anymore, for someone who spent 2% of his time on Charlton there was an inordinate amount of that spent on blaming fans for this, bad mouthing fans for that and trying his utmost by spending ridiculous amounts on PR to hide their actions, (which failed, nearly every report today has mentioned fan unrest as opposed to treating it as a shock departure from football), our message got through to the wider media thats for sure.

The first bit is quite right, 'he aint gone yet' but he is on his way and direct supporter action has played a major part in his departure.

True the in stadium protests were non existent this season but that decision was made to back the team 100% whilst acknowledging that many protesters just were not attending.

Anyway each to their own, I think we got him out, you dont but lets just enjoy a positive upturn in our clubs fortunes.
    CARD and the various other fans groups have certainly caught the club's attention, and I think have helped to change their approach on certain things - it certainly seems the club was running scared when the idea of Nobby Vinegar being appointed manager head coach was first mooted, and I think it helped stop some of the more crackpot transfers etc. so I don't want to sound like I'm belittling the protests impact or make out like its all been a complete waste of time and effort.

I think it has certainly impacted the way the club has been run because it has been there in the SMT's faces the whole time, but apart from the 2 or 3 trips across the English Channel, it's been easier for Roland to ignore on a day to day basis and the timing of him deciding to sell doesn't fit with the idea that the protesting has forced him out, although I'm sure it is easier for him to justify to himself the idea that he should walk away knowing that he will be far from missed in SE7.
  • I took part in nearly all the protests including the Belgian trip, but can't say I feel victorious in any way. Roland's mad idea has been a spectacular failure, that's why he's off. If we were sitting second in the Championship we'd be looking at a different scenario. It doesn't lessen my happiness at the day's news.
  • Oh yeah, if my post above sounds negative, I can assure you I did a knee slide in my living room, causing the rug to displace a stool and upend a tower of play-doh tubs, lovingly arranged by my youngest. Worth it.
  • Duchatelet's bizarre statement after the boro protest, the desperate attempt by Keohane and Meire to ban the funeral march, Duchatelet trying to get the police to ban the St Truiden march, the frenzied attempts to stop the taxi protest outside the System, Meire losing it completely over the original black and white campaign, the huge amount of money spent on PR consultants and taking journalists to expensive off the record lunches, the cleaning of Google etc etc all prove that the regime absolutely hated the protests and the criticism.

Did it make him sell? Not on their own but it made the whole experience of owning and running OUR club more trouble than it was worth.

The protests worked.

Ever heard of the saying that begins " For want of a nail the shoe was lost...." ?
    Gaffer tape surely?
  • McBobbin said:

Oh yeah, if my post above sounds negative, I can assure you I did a knee slide in my living room, causing the rug to displace a stool.

I'm still trying to work out exactly where the rug was.

A displace stool can be a little messy.

• Sponsored links:

• Fan pressure may not have been the main reason he sold the club but it was probably a strong catalyst. Still can't be proven either way.

The signs are very strong that he will sell the club.

I was just trying to be positive within, what I believe is a strong enough basis of reality.

If you feel the need to sh*t on it, up to you.

• What was the RD experiment?
    If it was appoint someone useless to run the club, appoint managers/ coaches that were not capable of doing the job, but were on his payroll elsewhere, insist on players playing that were not good enough for the level they were playing and alienating the “customers” then it was a success.
    If so why?
  • What was the RD experiment?
    If it was appoint someone useless to run the club, appoint managers/ coaches that were not capable of doing the job, but were on his payroll elsewhere, insist on players playing that were not good enough for the level they were playing and alienating the “customers” then it was a success.
    If so why?

It would take a very capable psychoanalyst to sort out just what has been going through his mind these last four years.......his ideas were so bizarre as to be beyond logic.
    There’s some that think he’s a sociopath, I wouldn’t doubt it.