Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Weirdest Charlton moment ever?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Was thrown out having hopped in through the houses by Sam Bertram’s, and was subsequently thrown out a further 4 times before I finally slid under a turnstile and in. Then put £1 in a bucket to buy Ronnie Moore.

The funny thing about those days was that we were never happy with hopping in. We then spent the game trying to get in to the seats. By final whistle we were normally somewhere in the West stand.
  • Options
    Talking of beach pitches, remember away to Coventry late 80’s when Flanagan was on the coaching staff, pitch was like Margate beach, and if I remember rightly, didn’t the lad nicknamed “oxford” fall ill and have to be stretchered off around the pitch? Seem to remember flash walking over to see if he was alright.

Whatever happened to Oxford?
  • Options
    Chelsea invading the covered end, taking it over then starting a fire.
    Hales punching Flanagan,
    Hearing my Dad swear for the first time as we lost at home to Northampton (I think)
  • Options
    The we got two sodjes, he has got two yellow cards game was weird....

• Options

Carl Leaburn, Kevin Lisbie and Deon Burton have all scored hat tricks for Charlton, Darren Bent has not.

And Marvin Sordell and Yaya Sanogo
    And Josh Magennis
  • Options

A game probably 15 years ago when Steve Brown got sent off against Leicester. Think he broke his ankle in the process of stopping a pass going over his head by using his hand. Cue a red card as he was stretchered off, which prompted fans from all sides of the ground to chuck what I believe were merchandise catalogues all over the pitch.

I know we've seen a lot of stuff thrown on the pitch since then, but that whole incident was surreal at the time. I'm pretty certain Ian Walker, who was in goal for Leicester at the time, took a few admiring looks inside the brochure!

I remember that Incidentally well. Robbie Savage was acting like a complete prick as usual and really winding up the Charlton fans.
  • Options
    Carl Leaburn losing the plot at Chelsea in the massive end of season game in the mid 1980s
  • Options
    The borat mankini, that was grim!
  • Options
    Some old ones:

The ball bursting in two cup finals.
    Jimmy Seed breaking the FA Cup.
    Don Welsh doing a nazi salute with the England team.
    Sam Bartram not knowing he was the only player left on the pitch.
  • Options
    Ref stopping the ball on the line after a shot and Leaburn bundling him and the ball over the line to score.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Colin Walsh playing for Middlesbrough against Charlton whilst on loan at Ayresome Park....early 1991 I believe
  • Options
    Fraeye leaving the ground in a laundry basket is surely the weirdest thing ever
  • Options
    Well the Sunderland game keeps getting mentioned and whilst the goals were weird my abiding memory was the coach failing to start on way out and we got stuck in traffic and basically sat in the car park for over an hour. Norwich away 2 all draw having a debate with a fan behind me who claimed Shelvey was not up to it and was not strong or fit enough. Another was being dropped of at Bromley and waiting for a bus. Millwall had just gone up and this supporters walking along the street wiit& part of a winning podium of some card he had stolen. Got weirder when he walks up to us and it turns out my dad knew him.

• Options
    Scoham said:

Carl Leaburn, Kevin Lisbie and Deon Burton have all scored hat tricks for Charlton, Darren Bent has not.

And Marvin Sordell and Yaya Sanogo
    And Josh Magennis
    And Gary Nelson & Jim Melrose
  • Options
    Christope Lepoint's home debut stands out in recent times as a proper WTF moment. It was like a "fan wins a competiton to play for his club" moment. Mind you, I did find it hilarious............
  • Options

The borat mankini, that was grim!

I thought that was superb entertainment....as was some of the outrage on here at the time.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I was there when the ball burst for the second consecutive Cup Final. :smiley:
  • Options
    Spankie said:

Colin Walsh playing for Middlesbrough against Charlton whilst on loan at Ayresome Park....early 1991 I believe

In that same game we had Alan Kernaghan playing for us, who was on loan from Boro
  • Options
    Was it Izale McCleod who kept getting booked for taking his shirt off, I'm sure he done it 3 or 4 games on the trot
  • Options
    Watching Charlton play against Palace while wearing Palace's away shirt - sometime around '83 I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Watching Charlton play against Palace while wearing Palace's away shirt - sometime around '83 I think.

Didn’t we also wear a Weds shirt away at Sheffield Utd?
  • Options

Was it Izale McCleod who kept getting booked for taking his shirt off, I'm sure he done it 3 or 4 games on the trot

That would have been very odd, as I'm sure he didn't score in 3 or 4 games on the trot!
  • Options

Also wore an awful Oldham kit up at Boundary Park one night around 96-97 season. Think it was blue and green hoops. Drew the game 1.1 with Brendon O'Connell equalising late for us.

• Options
    Selling Yann.
  • Options
    CHG said:

Ref stopping the ball on the line after a shot and Leaburn bundling him and the ball over the line to score.

V Notts County if I remember rightly (which I probably don't).
  • Options
    On the supporters coach leaving St Andrews after that Ilic wondergame, a Birmingham fan was in the central reservation on a local 40mph road, he turned his back on our coach, leaned forward, dropped his trousers and showed us his arse.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

On the supporters coach leaving St Andrews after that Ilic wondergame, a Birmingham fan was in the central reservation on a local 40mph road, he turned his back on our coach, leaned forward, dropped his trousers and showed us his arse.

The Queensway Tunnel?