Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Museum Items

Comments

• Options
    Yes it is 11-13.00
  • Options
    Thanks Nick. See you tomorrow.
  • Options
    Yes. From 11am
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Lots of old programmes, a few we didn't have from @Fumbluff and some new shirts including this shirt, matchworn by Stuart Balmer.imageimage
  • Options
    And a very rare book by Charlton fan Charlie Connelly donated by @Fumbluff Big chapter on Charlton 1987 to 1998image
  • Options

Lots of old programmes, a few we didn't have from @Fumbluff and some new shirts including this shirt, matchworn by Stuart Balmer.imageimage

Is it sweaty?
  • Options

Is it sweaty?
    Collar’s definitely seen better days
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    thanks @Fumbluff and his daughter for lumping those programs up, I would have helped (honest) but by the time I had stopped wittering on to Steve you had left! We needed 2 of the 4 50's programs in that box, amazing as we only need around a dozen since 1946.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

thanks @Fumbluff and his daughter for lumping those programs up, I would have helped (honest) but by the time I had stopped wittering on to Steve you had left! We needed 2 of the 4 50's programs in that box, amazing as we only need around a dozen since 1946.

No worries, I’m sure he had another episode of Mock the Week to film.

‘twas my niece tho, my daughter tired of The Valley as soon as Powelly was out....
  • Options
    Imagine if Greenwich council had said yes to this 1989 planning application. No Valley Party, no 5 December 1992.

image.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Or imagine if the government had gone through with its plan to make all football fans carry ID cards.

image.
  • Options
    Or if the writer of this letter went on to be club historian?

image.
  • Options

Or imagine if the government had gone through with its plan to make all football fans carry ID cards.

image.

Wasn't Colin a Charlton fan?
  • Options
    Supposedly , has anyone ever seen him at a game ?
  • Options

Imagine if Greenwich council had said yes to this 1989 planning application. No Valley Party, no 5 December 1992.

image.

And no Roland as we wouldn't have been reliant on match day income so much.

Btw, got it back yesterday.
  • Options
    Some signed 60s player cards. Unsigned versions were sold in the club shop.

Great players too.image.
  • Options
    And a 1968 team photo

image.
  • Options
    Pop music/football cross over poster

• Options
    Very rare "Lost" Valley party poster

image.
  • Options
    Walked in the British Legion and was given this beauty.

Thanks @Covered End
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thanks @Covered End

Love that!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Thanks @Covered End

Love that!
    It still makes quite a noise!
  • Options
    Purchased this cine film from the 1947 cup final at auction.

Next step is to digitalise it and see what we have.

Any recommendations for firms to convert the film or companies willing to sponsor the cost of purchase and transfer? Has cost £178 so far with tax and fees.

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Albert (right) on the pitch at the Valley with a so far unidentified colleague. Possibly 1922/3 when Kosha was part of the great giant killing FA cup side.

Thanks to @charltonnick for identifying the player on the left as Alex Steele
    Now that, my friend, is a hairstyle!
    Obviously uses a firm-hold mousse.
  • Options

Thanks @Covered End

Does it say 'Fed' on the other side?
  • Options

Very rare "Lost" Valley party poster

image.

@Henry Irving what size is it? Do you know the story behind it? Why it got printed but not displayed, etc?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    It's not a Valley Party poster but a flyer for the Valley Investment plan in 1991/2? using the same format. it is A3
  • Options

Any recommendations for firms to convert the film or companies willing to sponsor the cost of purchase and transfer? Has cost £178 so far with tax and fees.

Oops, pressed wrong button
  • Options

Any luck?