Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bringing Down The Regime

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2017
    bobmunro said:

stonemuse said:

All feels a little premature this to be honest.

I know you clearly state it's not an exhaustive list, but when the lists are finally compiled, please don't forget the group off here who worked bloody hard to bring the Protest Shirt to market, going on to sell a thousand of them and raising huge profits despite the low cost.

And I've no doubt you'd also want to highlight those who made contributions (big and small, one off or monthly) to the Protest Fund which allowed the protests to be undertaken.

As you do state, it runs into the thousands who have played a part.

... and the badges :wink:
    Badges? We don’t need no stinking badges!

What clique badges Bob? @Henry Irving 's got one but not all that glitters is gold because I've now got three promotes :wink:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

bobmunro said:

stonemuse said:

All feels a little premature this to be honest.

I know you clearly state it's not an exhaustive list, but when the lists are finally compiled, please don't forget the group off here who worked bloody hard to bring the Protest Shirt to market, going on to sell a thousand of them and raising huge profits despite the low cost.

And I've no doubt you'd also want to highlight those who made contributions (big and small, one off or monthly) to the Protest Fund which allowed the protests to be undertaken.

As you do state, it runs into the thousands who have played a part.

... and the badges :wink:
    Badges? We don’t need no stinking badges!

What clique badges Bob? @Henry Irving 's got one but not all that glitters is gold because I've now got three promotes :wink:
    I’ve got two museum badges which I’m very proud to own. But yes, it’s all about promotes really.

• Options
    edited December 2017

and a medal for young Canters who i'm sure was singled out for some rough treatment by the regime.

Wasn't me assaulted outside the West stand at the flying pigs game if that's what you mean. I did have my Roland Out flag rather forceably removed by the illegal unmarked security though (see stigs photo above) and as a result was with them when the call came over their radio and saw the entire incident from start to finish. Still angers me nothing happened about that.

Happy just to have played a part in the protests.

• Options

Remember we we still have to have the debate over what happens to the £££££ left in the fund : - ) @Davo55 @Curb_It

Fill the valley with red and white balloons before a game. Ceremonial popping of the massive balloon with Roland face on it in the centre circle. Have a party celebrating him leaving first game he's gone. The rest to charity.
  • Options
    Meire going is hugely significant in many ways so deffo worth a celebration, she was so integral to Duche’s reign that it must be over very soon.

Not over yet of course and who knows what new owners will be like, but still akin to beating Millwall home and away perhaps?
  • Options

Remember we we still have to have the debate over what happens to the £££££ left in the fund : - ) @Davo55 @Curb_It

Upbeats?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PS. As always, very well put with the OP Davo.
  • Options
    Daggs said:

There's a bloke on another Charlton forum that reckons it's absolutely nothing to do with all the groups you list! Nor all the hard work and protests.
    He claims to have the ear of the club. Though that could change now the ear in question has quit.
    Mind you, he does constantly change his mind on anything and everything Charlton.

Flip-flop Flip-flop ................................:)

Daggs said:

There's a bloke on another Charlton forum that reckons it's absolutely nothing to do with all the groups you list! Nor all the hard work and protests.
    He claims to have the ear of the club. Though that could change now the ear in question has quit.
    Mind you, he does constantly change his mind on anything and everything Charlton.

Careful now he may well offer you out with a post like that or call you gay or tell you to eat shit and die. If it it is the person I am thinking of he loves labelling people racist for inserting the word Belgium refore KM name but once labelled Tony jimmenz a halfbreed Spanish mongrel. Memory problem as well as being quite inconsistent with his opinion that gentleman.
    He ain’t no gentleman.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Macronate said:

You do realise that @Davo55’s OP was typed as he relaxes on a sun longer outside his seven star suite whilst sipping 200 year old whiskey on Richard Branson’s Necker Island.
    Yes, but that is his normal lifestyle.
    Fuck. Sussed.
    Not bad for a urchin from Eltham.
  • Options

Whilst it is difficult to quantify, I'm confident that had the fans just rolled over and took everything that RD and KM could throw at us, things would have become even worse than they are.

It’s hard to quantify. The big losses and boredom with football would have pushed him towards selling eventually.

I suspect that the intrusions into his private life in Belgium were probably the most effective forms of protest, as anything around The Valley didn’t affect him personally, even if they generated massive publicity against his ownership
    But the protests in Belgium were born out of the earlier protests at the Valley. Most, if not all, of the B20 were involved in the Spell It Out/CARD protests, which have also spawned WAR and ROT. The perceived success of the protest campaign is due to the fact it has evolved to challenge Duchatelet and Meire at every turn. Doesn't matter if it was a well oiled and highly publicised machine, a ramshackle bunch of ne'er do wells, or an individual acting alone, be it by boycotting, contributing to the fund, or (my favourites) coming up with something like the LIAR banner or the Companies House resignation stunt. It has just been thousands of Charlton fans trying to do something to help the club.

Anyhow, he hasn't gone yet, so it is reassuring to know there are still several people beavering away with protest activities.......................just in case!!
    Exactly @foresthillred. Thank you.
  • Options
    Acab said:

Daggs said:

Daggs said:

Careful now he may well offer you out with a post like that or call you gay or tell you to eat shit and die. If it it is the person I am thinking of he loves labelling people racist for inserting the word Belgium refore KM name but once labelled Tony jimmenz a halfbreed Spanish mongrel. Memory problem as well as being quite inconsistent with his opinion that gentleman.
    He ain’t no gentleman.
    I was using poetic license
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could the title of this thread be used by @Airman Brown instead of The Battle for Charlton'?
    I have no doubt that several chapters have been drafted already.
    Put me down for one of the first copies please.