Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who's not going to Wembley today?

Comments

• Options
    AFC Wimbledon got 7,700 tickets.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

And sold the all?

I notice Luton took 7k to Newcastle yesterday
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I am guessing because that is all they could sell, as I am sure it is an FA Cup rule that the away team must been offered 15% of the capacity.
  • Options
    Which would have been 12k. Think we would have got more than that.
  • Options
    They sold out.
  • Options

I thought Wembley had a ninety thousand capacity, so I make it 13,500 that they would have had to offer us, either way though I expect due to low sales from the Spurs fans we would have been offered more, so not a problem for everyone to get a ticket.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Uboat said:

Alright mate, we get it.

Sorry mate, was just trying to be double positive.
  • Options
    Would have absolutely killed to be there today, but Harry Kane vs Harry Lennon is enough to give me nightmares
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Would have absolutely killed to be there today, but Harry Kane vs Harry Lennon is enough to give me nightmares

Kane wont play, he-ll be rested.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I thought Wembley had a ninety thousand capacity, so I make it 13,500 that they would have had to offer us, either way though I expect due to low sales from the Spurs fans we would have been offered more, so not a problem for everyone to get a ticket.
    Think there are capacity restrictions in place for some games. But they rarely sell it out anyway. They only had 50k there for the West ham game the other night.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

In my opinion Spurs should not be playing at the national stadium. FA cup semi finals should not be played their either.
    I am not convinced about league one and two play off finals being played there.

Agree with you about spurs and the semis, but the play-off finals should definitely be there.

I would personally prefer to have our first trip to the new Wembley to be a final of some sort, rather than an FA cup match against Spurs, but it still would have been a nice day out.
  • Options

CAFCsayer said:

Kane,Eriksen and Vertonghen rested.
  • Options
    Latest possession stats from BBC.....Spurs 95% Wimbledon 5% ...!!!!!!!
  • Options

CAFCsayer said:

Kane,Eriksen and Vertonghen rested.
    but Kane and Vertonghen play

• Options
    0-0 HT
    And for those who said we didnt want to be tonked coz of morale ??
  • Options
    Possession 83-17
  • Options
    Surprised Kane played. Scored twice before being subbed

Attendance 47527
  • Options
    3-0
    There you are , all you masses of doubters, not a massive drubbing, not a scoreline where we have to take a sickie to avoid our Spurs mates - just a fantastic day out at Wembley.
    Did you enjoy it ??????

Tossas
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

3-0
    There you are , all you masses of doubters, not a massive drubbing, not a scoreline where we have to take a sickie to avoid our Spurs mates - just a fantastic day out at Wembley.
    Did you enjoy it ??????

Tossas

So just to clarify, you'd rather lose 3-0 to Spurs at Wembley in the cup than beat Oldham in the league?

It frightens me to think how your trip to Belgium is going to turn out.
    You'll probably end up talking Roland out of selling the club.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    PopIcon said:

3-0
    Did you enjoy it ??????

Tossas

So just to clarify, you'd rather lose 3-0 to Spurs at Wembley in the cup than beat Oldham in the league?

Errrmmmmmm,......yes !!
    It we had played Spurs then we wouldnt have played a league game anyway !!!!! - so, you'd rather play Oldham in front of 7kish at The Valley than at Wembley in front of 46 - probably 50+ if we were there??, are you one of the original fruitcakes ??

and as my earlier post said....

"Spurs would field a weakened team and our players would have a great experience. The fans would have a jolly up, and as a L1 team, we would have expected nothing.

Sometimes, the experience is worth much more than the result. Our support base deserves a day out like that.

To say that the League is a lot more important than a day out at Wembley is a typical,laughable, Charlton fan response- especially after our last 9 'performances'."
  • Options
    Did that 'clarify' matters ??
  • Options

PopIcon said:

3-0
    Did you enjoy it ??????

Tossas

Errrmmmmmm,......yes !!
    It we had played Spurs then we wouldnt have played a league game anyway !!!!! - so, you'd rather play Oldham in front of 7kish at The Valley than at Wembley in front of 46 - probably 50+ if we were there??, are you one of the original fruitcakes ??

and as my earlier post said....

"Spurs would field a weakened team and our players would have a great experience. The fans would have a jolly up, and as a L1 team, we would have expected nothing.

Sometimes, the experience is worth much more than the result. Our support base deserves a day out like that.

To say that the League is a lot more important than a day out at Wembley is a typical,laughable, Charlton fan response- especially after our last 9 'performances'."
    Did you go to the Oldham match at the Valley yesterday?
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I'd prefer seeing us playing at Wembley for the right reasons ta.
  • Options

3-0
    Did you enjoy it ??????

Tossas

Very strange behaviour turning on fellow fans. Unless it's a joke with no smiley.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

3-0
    Did you enjoy it ??????

Tossas

Very strange behaviour turning on fellow fans. Unless it's a joke with no smiley.
    Its not a moan at all fans, It was just a general moan CE, 1) at the team for fecking up at Wimbledon, but primarily at the number of fans on here who, 1) Couldn't give a toss about the FA Cup 2) Found excuses when we lost to Wimbledon 3) Found excuses, saying it would have been a different ball and all that bollox, when Wimbledon were drawn against Spurs, and the general apathetic attitude of a lot of fans on here .
    To me, like a lot of people, the FACup is important, it has a heritage, it provides you with a chance (as we found) to play at 'exotic' venues - I bet Wimbledon fans weren't saying ' oh, I wish we didn't have to go to Wembley, i'd much rather be playing Bury at Gigg Lane'.
    It just annoys me with the general lack of desire to build and progress, and the languid,feeble excuses given by quite a few fans - tbh , as it probably shows, it gets right on my tits - and it sums up quite a lot of our fanbase tbh.
  • Options
    personally I was absolutely gutted it wasn't us playing there yesterday and more so were my kids.

would've ticked 2 off their bucket list, seeing us play at Wembley and seeing us play a top 6 side.

we'd have sold however many tickets they'd been willing to let us have and had a great day out.
  • Options

3-0
    Did you enjoy it ??????

Tossas

Its not a moan at all fans, It was just a general moan CE, 1) at the team for fecking up at Wimbledon, but primarily at the number of fans on here who, 1) Couldn't give a toss about the FA Cup 2) Found excuses when we lost to Wimbledon 3) Found excuses, saying it would have been a different ball and all that bollox, when Wimbledon were drawn against Spurs, and the general apathetic attitude of a lot of fans on here .
    To me, like a lot of people, the FACup is important, it has a heritage, it provides you with a chance (as we found) to play at 'exotic' venues - I bet Wimbledon fans weren't saying ' oh, I wish we didn't have to go to Wembley, i'd much rather be playing Bury at Gigg Lane'.
    It just annoys me with the general lack of desire to build and progress, and the languid,feeble excuses given by quite a few fans - tbh , as it probably shows, it gets right on my tits - and it sums up quite a lot of our fanbase tbh.
    A more than fair opinion. It's calling fellow fans tossas that I disagree with.