Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Time for an all-out boycott of season tickets

13»

Comments

• Options

RD wouldn't give a flying f*** if there were no fans at the ground - We're not dealing with a normal owner.

He's definitely not a normal owner but this is just about money for him now. Not even a pretend of ambition or longevity - he's made that pretty clear. Let's convince him there's no point holding out for season ticket renewals because we will wait for ambitious new owners who give a toss.
    He doesn't care about the money - the losses don't really impact him and he's not interested in the results. An owner who was short of cash would care.

This is about stubbornness and ego. If nobody renewed I sincerely doubt he'd give a toss. He'd rather live with the losses it appears than sell for below his asking price.

A man of his wealth can indulge these losses if he wants to prove a point - I assume eventually he'll get bored.....
    Absolutely spot on! He'll also do whatever he can to prolong the agony as a way of getting his own back. This whole 'selling' thing has dragged on for an eternity and there's no reason why he won't purposely drag it out even longer just to cause us (the fans) even more pain and grief. He holds all the cards and the financial loses are, in relative terms, minuscule to him. We are just a toy and he's a manic despot who likes to play. It's as simple as that.
  • Options
    Just a thought, because I also understand the mentality of those that feel they will attend at all costs. How about a reasonable sized, but noticable sticker, is printed using some campaign money and hand out pre-match. Each protesting fan can stick it on the back of their seat. "I support the Team, Not the Regime" kind of thing.

It would be interesting to look ariund the Valley and see who / how many people actually attending still feel some resentment to RD.
  • Options

Only time will tell whether there will be the need for a call to arms in the form of a season ticket boycott.

IF he is still the owner of our club when season ticket prices are announced and dates for renewal etc published, then I'd be only too happy to collect signatures outside The Valley from those NOT intending to purchase for next season.

This could be done in tandem with leaflets stating the reasons why the petition is required.

When this "canvassing" has been carried out before several home games, the petition could be delivered by hand to RD in his home town .

I believe this would be a worthwhile exercise to bring home to him just how much revenue he would be losing in the 2018-19 season , especially if at the time of its presentation we are definitely going to finish out of the top 6 in L1.

due to the absence of an appropriate adult being available there will be no season tickets available to purchase for next season

• Options
    Emotionally or financially , i don't think a season ticket boycott makes a difference to Roland .... just as whether you decide to go to a match makes a difference to him , i almost tend to think he's been on a permanent match attendance boycott since he bought the club, he doesn't care about the fans , or results , the sooner he is gone the better in my view, we have been a bad investment Roland and you have screwed the club right over , learn from your mistakes whilst you still have breath , and get the heck out of SE7 please.
  • Options
    boggzy said:

My worry with a call for a 100% boycott is the, potential, damage to credibility if too many go ahead and renew anyway.

I know it’s a risk that CARD might have to take but if the call for it and the club sell just a handful less than the season before ir makes it more difficult for CARD’s PR.

The problem is that CARD can't ask for a boycott while some of their main players keep attending, some even with season tickets. Which I personally can't get my head around, but yes it is a personal choice.

If there was to be a dedicated boycott, it should have been done after the Karel Fraeye farce of a season at the very latest.

Having said that, it shouldn't really take a group to make people's decisions for them - if you feel strongly enough then don't go!

But from the stats this season, yes of course sales are rightly down, but I don't think that many more will boycott now.
    Wot, some of the senior CARD members have bought Season Tickets ??!!
    Gotta be joking ?!
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

Boycott or delay to renewing until August may have some legs.

A demand for a boycott just sets fans against each other.

I don't think that CARD would ever demand a season-ticket boycott because they know that it would be a waste of time
    There are just too many fans that will blindly renew or even go on a match-by-match basis, irrespective of the dross that is served up to them on the pitch and the contempt in which they are held by the ownership, just because that is what they used to doing. Those people that are still going are very unlikely, after all this time, to respond favourably to any call for a boycott.
    Each to their own.
    I agree, it is why I added the delay in purchasing a ticket.

Many of those still going think that boycotting fans have let the team down so are unlikely to boycott just because CARD say so.
    Those that go are a worry.

Support the the team not the regime was always a selfish tag line to ease consciences.
    The main enemy is RD - there are arguments for and against a boycott and that needs to be recognised. Having a black and white viewpoint on things just mirrors the limited viewpoint of the owner.

If you boycotted for ten years and he was still here then I think you could conclude that it had failed. The losses haven't impacted him in a way they would have done with a poorer owner.