Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What happens if there is no takeover?

Comments

• Options
    I wish we had the money to take the club back.....
  • Options
    If there's no takeover in the next couple of weeks, surely RM/RD will have to appoint another CEO to take care of "business".

I am told that David Joyes will remain in situ for some weeks - presumably working his notice period but when he leaves there'll be another senior position to fill....

RD won't be involved in day to day stuff at the club , neither will RM according to a Lifer who pointed out he's only really interested in the playing side of things.

Decisions still have to be made in order for a football club, or indeed any business, to run smoothly.

I seriously hope the tea lady is multi functional !
  • Options
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    We chain ourselves to his house/cave until he sells. .

We may die a slow death...
  • Options
    Takeovers take time, all of this if it doesn’t happen by the end of January rubbish is just that. More protests at this point are completely pointless, he wants to sell and he will sell. I don’t get why some on here are so desperate to cling on to the negatives, I just hope you all find something else to do with your lives once he’s gone.
  • Options
    Nug said:

If there is no takeover before the end of the January window and no signings, which seems likely from what KR has said then I think protests need to be stepped up across the board immediately, meaning during games, in Belgium and anything else that can be done. The club is dying on its arse. I don't think even KR would complain about it. Its our duty as fans to fight back and stop this idiot. If nothing changes for next season I don't think the club will fully recover.

I don't think Robbo can criticise any future protests anymore: he's firmly nailed his colours to the mast recently.

The only thing that worries me about your post, Nug, is that by the end of January we'll have well and truly blown this season, we'll have probably lost the kind of players we could build next season around, and any future purchasers may be a bit disinclined to purchase the club knowing that the playing staff have been gutted and is void of value and talent.

I can only hope that if due diligence has caused a self-imposed embargo on incoming transfers, then it does the same on outgoing ones. KR suggesting "we're closed for trading" hopefully means that.. but the moment the current potential buyers look like pulling out? Fire sale.
  • Options
    mascot88 said:

No takeover means div 4 ... if we can escape the clutches of Duchatelet with a decent financial backer who has genuine ambition and a truck load of money to burn and we are still in div 3, then we have done well.

The madness of English football now dictates to compete in the championship you need someone who will gamble BIG TIME, or who has so much money that 100 million here or there doesn't mean alot to them.

If we get the usual mix and match with a total of 50 million between them then we will be in the same situation in a few years.

Mega-rich is now a prerequisite, and then it's all about that persons risk appetite.

Yeah this. The scenario you outline is why I am optimistic yet skeptical of anyone who would take over the club. The up front expenditure will be huge, but then to keep things going, nevermind added outlay on players to get us out of this division. And I know there is a step up in money in the Championship but I still struggle to see us breaking even in the coming years unless we're able to find a Lookman every couple years, or at least a couple players a year that we buy low and sell high.

It's daunting. And there's an element of the philosopher king paradigm to it, anyone who understands football well enough, well you'd wonder why they'd invest, but in order for your investment to be worth something you have to know football well...
  • Options
    Paradox, i guess
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    no take over, then expect another no hope, never heard of, no experience CEO (and I use that term very loosely) to be appointed by the meglomaniac Belgian.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I think teams like Huddersfield are certain relegation candidates either this year or next because their owner does not spend the money. Their gate take is probably the lowest in the PL because their owner charges so little for tickets. Eventually, either you have an owner who will spend the money to get the players necessary, or eventually one is doomed. Even Newcastle are not immune from this.

I think mascot88 is more correct, here. Clubs can get promoted without always spending a ton, but I also don't think they stay there as long.

When I think of clubs that climbed the ranks and stayed in the PL a while, I think of ones like Watford, Bouremouth and Leicester, all of whom I believe spent £100M+ getting there and in some cases, even were willing to get fined by breaking FFP rules to achieve it. Brighton spent £200M and I think they will stay a while as well, also.

So although it is possible to get up, if you don't have the money to pay your best players, they will leave to better clubs, and then the decline begins. There is a bit of luck in having scrappy players on a budget make good. But if you can't pay your best players, I think one's luck runs out.
  • Options

Don't give him any more of your hard-earned, he doesn't deserve it. Doesn't care and zero ambition. Hasn't seen us play for over three years. No season tickets 'til he's gone!

FFS...just supposing we all actually did stop going, what RD would then have is a football franchise and a lot of real estate in SE London. Wimbledon had a few thousand fans when it seemed like a good idea to move that franchise lock stock and barrel to Milton Keynes so I suspect a team with no fans will present the perfect opportunity to sell another franchise to a part of the country currently without a football league team. Want to kill the club off completely ?, get everybody to boycott.
  • Options

Don't give him any more of your hard-earned, he doesn't deserve it. Doesn't care and zero ambition. Hasn't seen us play for over three years. No season tickets 'til he's gone!

FFS...just supposing we all actually did stop going, what RD would then have is a football franchise and a lot of real estate in SE London. Wimbledon had a few thousand fans when it seemed like a good idea to move that franchise lock stock and barrel to Milton Keynes so I suspect a team with no fans will present the perfect opportunity to sell another franchise to a part of the country currently without a football league team. Want to kill the club off completely ?, get everybody to boycott.
    If we have no fans then we will cease to exist as a football club - the game will then be up.
  • Options

Tiny risk of that. Not sure the authorities would allow a second Wimbledon and he'd have to get off his arse and actually spend some serious time trying to do it - which he won't - he wants out. The Royal Borough of Greenwich wouldn't support any development in that situation - it didn't last time we moved. Anyway, let's just sit on our arses and do nothing more, let him rip the piss out of us and watch this club continue to die a lingering death.
  • Options

Tiny risk of that. Not sure the authorities would allow a second Wimbledon and he'd have to get off his arse and actually spend some serious time trying to do it - which he won't - he wants out. The Royal Borough of Greenwich wouldn't support any development in that situation - it didn't last time we moved. Anyway, let's just sit on our arses and do nothing more, let him rip the piss out of us and watch this club continue to die a lingering death.
    It's dying a lingering death at present whether there are protests or not. There is no simple answer as is evident.

He'll sell when it suits him - we are just a minor concern for him. The losses appear to be something he can live with and adding another million or so won't be the deciding factor.

If fans stop coming a large percentage of them won't return and that in the long run can't be a good thing. You need to understand your enemy and to be fair in this case I don't think we do.

• Options

‘Authorities’ ??? Nobody would give a shit about a club with no fans
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Roland will sell in his own time and on his terms,I do not think he will be influenced by any supporter activity.As for match demonstrations,this is would be very harsh on the players,none of this is their doing.We have many young lads just starting their careers,they are under enough pressure without games being disrupted.Also now KM is gone,he has no representation at the Valley to witness any activity.
  • Options
    He's admitted he wants to sell.
    Potential buyers are going through DD.
    It's happening folks hopefully this week.
    Just a little more patience required
  • Options

I hope you're right......
  • Options

Surprisingly upbeat Mr R - Let's hope you are right
  • Options
    If there is no takeover, then it could be what happened over at E10 in the future
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Doesn't bare thinking about

That's a good idea - we could have a naked protest. (But not till May please!)
  • Options
    If/when a takeover happens, I just hope the new owners have deep pockets and are willing to spend money. To a certain extent I hate what has happened to English football in the last 10 years ago. But it's no fun being on the outside watching other clubs we would traditionally have regarded as our peers up in the Premier league able to spend over-inflated fees on average players and retaining that premier status. I think we are in danger (if it hasn't already happened) of losing a new generation of young fans because of RD's tenure and even if new owners are better, this club desperately needs some upwards momentum.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Get this bloke back.

Is that Chief "whatshisface" our ex-board member?
  • Options

seth plum said:

Get this bloke back.

Is that Chief "whatshisface" our ex-board member?
    Yes. Still going strong in Ibo.
    He wasn't in the directors box on Saturday, but I hear it is possible for him to see all our matches on ifollow.
  • Options
    The protests were successful and positively reported in the media worldwide. Duchatelet wants to sell. We have had 4 years of mismanagement under his tenure. This is a vital 6 months for CAFC, in which we could die on our feet before new ownership could pump energy, optimism and hopefully some money into our football club. To achieve check mate on Duchatelet after a good opening gambit and game plan which has taken his queen. We need to demonstrate only our love of CAFC, not protest now. That battle has already been won. Roland wants out. May our Knight in silver armour show up before we are slain.