Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

North Upper Question

Comments

• Options
    Someone has to ask him. We need to know whyyyy
  • Options

It stopped properly being the Covered End when the roof come off and the Upper was built. It exists on in song now.

I want to know why the fella turns right.

He's obviously a Tory.
  • Options
    so, why does he turn right???
  • Options
    Or perhaps he works for South Eastern and has it inbuilt in him to annoy people.
  • Options
    by turning right there are more strangers for me him to molest on the way out.
  • Options
    bbob said:

bbob said:

There is a bloke sits on the front row of J block, in a small group including a couple of ladies.
    Without fail every game at around the 35 min mark he gets up and heads inside, presumably to hit the toilet before the smokers.
    For some reason he stands up and turns right, shuffling along the row the long way - causing about 20 people to have to stand up. If he turned left he would only inconvenience about 5.

So my question is - does anyone know the fella and have any idea what the story is? We reckon his missus wont budge, forcing him to go the long way.....

You need flagging. It's the COVERED END!
    pedant
    Pedant!?! fgs
  • Options

It stopped properly being the Covered End when the roof come off and the Upper was built. It exists on in song now.

I'm no expert, but it was the Covered End (where my dad stood before he met JS's daughter), because of the roof obviously, but when the roof came off it was only briefly uncovered. Then it was covered again when the upper tier went on. But I doubt anyone officially said it's no longer the Covered End. It might have been referred to as the North Stand (on police advice maybe, or is that a myth?) but I doubt anyone said it's no longer the Covered End.

But more critically I also want to know why the fella turns right. And I just know I'll be watching in the 35th minute next home match. Might add some much needed entertainment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh no, that would be the East Stand, apologies.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Why do people persist in calling it the North Stand ffs?

Probably because it's written on it?

Until it is officially named the Covered End, it will remain the North Stand to many.
  • Options

Especially when at the other end is the south stand.
    That's officially the Jimmy Seed Stand.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Never seen Midnight express? Everyone turns right, except mad men!

I've always wondered does the same apply in Bluewater or is it the other way around?
  • Options

??
  • Options

No it isn't... the other end is the Jimmy Seed Stand
  • Options

Johnny come lately's.
  • Options
    Cupboard End...end of.
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry if that's massive.
  • Options

Johnny come lately's.
    Nope, it IS the North Stand. Has been officially the North for as long as I can remember... but then I wasn't interested in such things as stand names aged 5 or 6!

the Covered end is gone. Just like the romance we all once had for the club.
  • Options

Could be blind in the left eye, thus meaning his peripheral vision is not adequate to asses the exit potential to his left with accuracy.

Also if you could advise whether he enters the row before the game from the left or the right, this could help us analyse and come up with the answer.

Had a mate once who's wife was not a confident driver. Tried to go everywhere she could by only turning left. This meant that she never had to cross against oncoming traffic. She lived ten minutes from the shops in Chiselhurst, used to take her 45 minutes to get there !

Enters the row before the game from the left and departs after the game the same way.
  • Options
    The end of the ground that was covered......"The Covered End" simple really. People/the club can call it what they like......... But if you know your history, its enough to make you heart go................... ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    It was never known as the North Stand until more recent times, when I started going 52 years ago it was known as the Covered End, nothing else. The other end was open ?. The east was always called "The Big Terrace/side" The west was the "Main Stand" or simply "The Seats" Because somebody (Police ?) decide to reference stands in a geographical manner who cares. If tomorrow we start playing at the red bull Valley, to everyone except the owners we will still play at The Valley. As somebody else said "& if you know your history" :smiley:
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Covered End.