Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

OMD

2»

Comments

• fadgadget said:

If you like Mode , have a listen to these , they've been around for over 20 years , from Bristol , unknown in the Uk but Europe they are massive .
    https://youtu.be/0KVviRTBvWw

Thanks for this mate. Just downloaded their album 'Looking Skyward', very impressed.

Cheers
  • Shouldn't this thread be renamed the Depeche Mode appreciation society.

Back to OMD. One of their best tunes must be "if you leave.." made better for being in the film Pretty in Pink. That and "talking loud & clear"

Back to OMD. One of their best tunes must be "if you leave.." made better for being in the film Pretty in Pink. That and "talking loud & clear"

The Singles that they tried to break America with . Did quite make it . But it was there loss .
  • fadgadget said:

If you like Mode , have a listen to these , they've been around for over 20 years , from Bristol , unknown in the Uk but Europe they are massive .
    https://youtu.be/0KVviRTBvWw

Thanks for this mate. Just downloaded their album 'Looking Skyward', very impressed.

Cheers
    Your Welcome , they have quite an extensive back catalogue worth exploring, personally I find that there is not a bad Album amongst them .

Sorry mate, back to topic :wink:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s4199VMeeQc
  • A couple of recent OMD gigs ive seen . the second one is a long intro ,kicks in 1.30 .
    https://youtu.be/MFZ6Ty-HwHc
    https://youtu.be/xtMna7aTSvs
  • The concert in Barcelona was last night. Wow. Really still on their game, and i was very happy I convinced the wife and we went. I caught a YouTube video of a concert in november where they were a four piece, so I was very surpised that it was only the absolute original line up of Humphries/McCluskey who were on last night. They started life with a tape player (called Winston) to provide the sounds they couldn't do, and last night they had a 'new Winston' in the shape of a PC to provide extra sounds. Despite the fact the audience were mostly all my age band (around the 50 somethings) and some managed to keep their coats on for the whole show, they had everyone dancing by the end, and that despite this irritating millenial fashion of holding a mobile phone in the air and recording the show instead of bloody enjoying it.
    The new stuff was very good and I'll treat myself to the new album when I have a moment today, and went down well, and they played most of their many hits from the early Messages right up to the dire Dreaming. We got stuck with a twenty minute break near the end with a technological problem, but McCluskey came back out and cheerfully informed us there was good news as he'd just heard Liverpool had beaten Oporto 5-0, and they threw in a couple of bonus songs, including a last stand of Enola Gay. Really good night barely describes it, and I'm looking forward to their next visit - Madrid tonight is now sold out so sorry @CharltonMadrid you'll have to find a tout ;-)
  • The concert in Barcelona was last night. Wow. Really still on their game, and i was very happy I convinced the wife and we went. I caught a YouTube video of a concert in november where they were a four piece, so I was very surpised that it was only the absolute original line up of Humphries/McCluskey who were on last night. They started life with a tape player (called Winston) to provide the sounds they couldn't do, and last night they had a 'new Winston' in the shape of a PC to provide extra sounds. Despite the fact the audience were mostly all my age band (around the 50 somethings) and some managed to keep their coats on for the whole show, they had everyone dancing by the end, and that despite this irritating millenial fashion of holding a mobile phone in the air and recording the show instead of bloody enjoying it.
    The new stuff was very good and I'll treat myself to the new album when I have a moment today, and went down well, and they played most of their many hits from the early Messages right up to the dire Dreaming. We got stuck with a twenty minute break near the end with a technological problem, but McCluskey came back out and cheerfully informed us there was good news as he'd just heard Liverpool had beaten Oporto 5-0, and they threw in a couple of bonus songs, including a last stand of Enola Gay. Really good night barely describes it, and I'm looking forward to their next visit - Madrid tonight is now sold out so sorry @CharltonMadrid you'll have to find a tout ;-)

I believe when they tour outside the UK , they do it as a duo due to cost , and they were up until a few years ago all original members until Malcolm Holms had a heart attack on stage in America. He has since been replaced with Stuart Kershaw , who himself was the drummer when OMD split and went their separate ways , Paul Humphreys , Mal Holmes, Martin Cooper went on to form the Listening Pool , and Andy McCluskey retained the OMD name and continued .
    I agree they are a great live act , and I hope to see them again at some of the Festivals during the summer .
  • Good chance for anyone in the US to see them - they're travelling all over the USA and Canada in march.