Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

OXFORD ( EFFING) UNITED

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2018
    This is Charlton Athletic - what do you expect?!?!?
  • Options
    And to follow the Mourinho Chelsea logic from our win on penalties in 2005, we didn't lose tonight...
  • Options

Joyless fucking club.

Post of the year for me.

• Options

To be fair, Oxford have won a major cup trophy (in 1986) a lot more recently than we have...

I was at that game (3 0 win against QPR)

I’d gone to Hull away the previous day, would love to see my wife’s reaction if I told her I was doing that nowadays.
    I was at both games as well
  • Options
    Its the new reality I'm afraid. Wouldn't be surprised if Oxford's manager told them that we are the sort of club they should be beating tonight.
  • Options

Joyless fucking club.

Are you talking about them or us?
  • Options

When as a Charlton fan I am ready to accept as standard fare the results we are currently getting then I’m done. No disrespect to Oxford United but they shouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath as us. If it was a one off then fine and good luck to them. We know our decline is steady and continuing and until this owner is gone I really do fear for our future.

Oggy, they would have said the same about us in 1986.
  • Options

Joyless fucking club.

Us. We're absolutely miserable to support.
  • Options
    Didn’t even follow the penalties as it was an absolute sure thing we’d lose. What a shit mindset to have about your own poxy club.

On a more positive note, we’re now unbeaten in 2 (over 90 mins).

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Joyless fucking club.

Us. We're absolutely miserable to support.
    Absolutely agree then.
  • Options

To be fair, Oxford have won a major cup trophy (in 1986) a lot more recently than we have...

I was at that game (3 0 win against QPR)

I’d gone to Hull away the previous day, would love to see my wife’s reaction if I told her I was doing that nowadays.
    Did you stay to see the whole final?
  • Options
    Oxford beat us on pens (league cup) in 2002, when we were in the prem. so last night wasn’t that bad.
  • Options
    Another 18 months of Roly and we'll be starting a Maidstone effing United thread
  • Options
    For those moaning we've just gone out of a tin pot cup to Oxford I'd like to point out that Gilllingham have done the double over us this season. I'd say that's better a benchmark of how far we've fallen since our prem days.
  • Options
    Comes to something when Maidstone v Ebbsfleet on the same day gets almost double our attendance in the National League......

• Options
    Apologies for the (F*****G) in the original thread title. Was not appropriate even if the sentiment had merit. Thank you to the mod for changing.

Joyless club is spot on.
  • Options
    On the face of it its pretty poor, we put out a semi decent team bar a couple. Standard Charlton score and then let the other team back into the game.

As for the cup its pretty pointless, but if we got to wembley im sure most would have gone. I would rather we do it in the playoffs personally and not bothered about the result still really.

Sad times indeed but lets not over-react if it was FA cup and we lost to Oxford i would be a bit more annoyed.
  • Options

When as a Charlton fan I am ready to accept as standard fare the results we are currently getting then I’m done. No disrespect to Oxford United but they shouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath as us. If it was a one off then fine and good luck to them. We know our decline is steady and continuing and until this owner is gone I really do fear for our future.

You sound like a Spurs supporter mate.
    We dont have a divine right to beat anybody, just because we are in the Premier league once, we are where we are, and where we are right now is in the third division of English football, its where we deserve to be, just like Oxford deserve to be there as well and also, from what I heard, deserved to beat us.
  • Options

No disrespect to Oxford United but they shouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath as us.

You sound like a Sheffield Wednesday fan.

Stay humble :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Greenie said:

You sound like a Spurs supporter mate.
    We dont have a divine right to beat anybody, just because we are in the Premier league once, we are where we are, and where we are right now is in the third division of English football, its where we deserve to be, just like Oxford deserve to be there as well and also, from what I heard, deserved to beat us.
    completely agree. still makes you sick though don't it
  • Options

Oxford beat us on pens (league cup) in 2002, when we were in the prem. so last night wasn’t that bad.

I went to this one. After sitting through 90mins of crap, I decided to go down the pub, rather than bother with extra time. A great decision, as it turned out!
  • Options

I well remember them slaughtering us 5-0 at The Manor (and I mean slaughtering!) and then getting promotion at The Valley to Division One. They were a superb side around that time.

I've also seen us bash them 4-0 at The Manor.

So it's about even, Id say.