Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robinson talking to fans again (pre-Bury)

Comments

• Options
    Nope it’s another potential false dawn, too many of them to count. Will celebrate if and when the right deal for CAFC happens
  • Options

There is no reason to buy the club if your intention is simply to run it with smaller losses - you may as well burn the cash now in your back garden and save yourself the trouble.

yeah but this way you get to piss off loads of people rather then just your immediate neighbours
  • Options
    Red Henry are "your" group still in the mix ?
  • Options

No, he has just posted on the other thread they pulled out last week.
  • Options

It will be interesting to see what's actually meant by 'debt management.' No-one can realistically expect to get much more from the operating budget after five years of resource cuts and budget trimming. The big debt that Duchatelet has added to the club through his poor leadership and Meire's naive management is simply money spent. No amount of financial chicanery is going to change that. Sooner or later it needs to be settled.

Although I tend to agree, I'm mindful of the fact that Duchâtelet has found a way to extricate himself from other football clubs he's degraded, without suffering the financial consequences.

Based on his past actions, I've no doubt he'll do whatever is necessary to save face and recoup as much cash as possible, the result of that may well impact on our football club for years to come.
    True, but I think that is is a different situation.

With Standard he effectively sold it to a local businessman and fan who didn’t have the money. He loaded debt on the club and hamstrung it. It was a bit like the Hulyer deal - fans wants the club but really doesn’t have the cash.

With STVV he got it for almost nothing, invested in the property but not the team, and then sold the club but kept the ground.

I don’t think either of those are in play here. He’s dealing with serious businessmen who won’t fall for either of these. If Roland wasn’t funding the losses there’s a good chance we’d be close to Administration, and the debt would be worthless. They know that, and we’ve just got to hope Roland does, but someone has to blink first.
  • Options
    Unless we seriously further plummet form wise, we will probably just about survive the division, even if we are left a bit short in terms of quality and in numbers.

We are lucky we done ok enough the 1st half of the season and picked up points.

Another season in league one but by the summer we will have new owners.

Just hoping those new owners aren't absolutely soul destroyingly shit.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

PopIcon said:

If Robinson continues to insult Mr Duchatelet he may end up talking himself out of a job.

This, he needs to be careful as RD is still the owner.
    He'll get his payoff either way.

Hearsay is not adequate proof of gross misconduct.
    In certain circumstances - yes it is.

The burden of proof is ‘balance of probability’ and not ‘beyond reasonable doubt’.

• Options
    Debt management for Roland I imagine. Aka asset stripping.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just see a screen-shot of a Tweet and a fella on it claiming to have been present reckons the word bastard was never mentioned
  • Options
    News has already reached Belgium via the clubs newly promoted "COI" (Charlton's Official Informer) of the Gaffers latest out outburst. The true transcript of the conversation is irrelevant and can be edited and adjusted to suit those offended. The expected visit has arrived "Robbo Towers"image
  • Options

There is no reason to buy the club if your intention is simply to run it with smaller losses - you may as well burn the cash now in your back garden and save yourself the trouble.

Whatever the logic might be for running the club differently, we would not be the first club to just switch one terrible owner for another.
    It wouldn’t even be the first time we’ve done it.

It would even be the first time we’ve done it this decade!
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:

I just see a screen-shot of a Tweet and a fella on it claiming to have been present reckons the word bastard was never mentioned

What about 'shithole'?
    I don't know, you got me there...
  • Options
    Mr. Happy said:

If he really called Roland a bastard he should be rewarded with a 10 year contract and the keys to the bugle horn.

If the quotes are right, and there's no reason they shouldn't be, then I suspect Robinson will be on his way if the takeover doesn't happen fairly soon. All that's keeping him from the wrath of Roland now is the need for some stability at the club in the absence of a CEO to ease the minds of potential buyers.
  • Options

No, he has just posted on the other thread they pulled out last week.
    bollocks ....................... thanks
  • Options

Chaz Hill said:

What about 'shithole'?
    I don't know, you got me there...
    Sorry, wrong thread :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Karl, you can call the old shit anything you like.
  • Options
    The sale of Homes and Konsa may bring the two sides closer to a figure they can agree on?
  • Options

PopIcon said:

If Robinson continues to insult Mr Duchatelet he may end up talking himself out of a job.

This, he needs to be careful as RD is still the owner.
    And out of compensation
  • Options

Karl, you can call the old shit anything you like.

“Oh look, I just stepped in a Roland”
  • Options
    Just wondered what time Robbo’s doing interviews in the car park on Saturday?
  • Options

Between 1 and 1.15 this Saturday. He's bringing his own home made soapbox as well
  • Options

shirty5 said:

Between 1 and 1.15 this Saturday. He's bringing his own home made soapbox as well
    I heard he's getting there a bit earlier to sort the potholes.