Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD to demand answers at pre-match rally on Saturday (ed. POSTPONED )

Comments

• Options

Proof that players and management can't deal with any form of protest.

Oh....

Wait...
    Surely you didn't mean to flag this @Redskin
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Yes, the comments are going to be very interesting and I dearly hope they provide us with positive news. It is better to conduct this sort of conversation with a couple of representatives and we all know that this is all CARD wanted all along. I think those that were saying it was a waste of time when the protest was called may need to reconsider their stance.

Firstly there is no guarantee that the meeting will be anything more than a waste of time on the basis that Murray is, almost certainly, not in a position to provide 'satisfactory' answers. He certainly cannot 'guarantee' that money from the sale of Konsa will be reinvested in the squad.

Secondly we, none of us, know if Murray would have agreed to meet with the Supporters' Trust if they's just asked nicely, opposed to threatening protests and actions, both here and in Belgium, and 'taking gloves off'.

For the record I never said it was a waste of time, but it is not, necessarily, the case that the threat of a protest (now called a Rally) made Murray agree to a meeting when he wouldn't have done so if he'd just been asked.

However I am more than happy with the outcome, and grateful to all those that are, actually, doing something for the benefit of our club. Unlike me (and others) who just sit at the side offering unwanted (and possibly unhelpful) advice and comments. Just because I have a different view of how we go about it doesn't mean that I don't want what's best for the club and I'm 100% sure that so do all the members of CARD.
    Had he been asked in a nice letter or e-mail I'm not convinced the meeting would have been organised so quickly for a few days time.

It could have been set up for a few weeks time after the transfer window has closed. If RD goes on to sell a few more key players without replacements (even on loan) it would be too late to challenge/question it.
    It still will be too late to challenge it as this is the only home game in the window
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    We are in the final days (weeks or months at most!) of the Roland regime. He can only sit on his overly inflated price for the club for so long. He wont want to keep pumping money into something hes trying to get rid of for a protracted period of time. When its clear to him that he will never get the £50 mil + hes wants, at that point any potential buyers will have the upper hand.

The question is when will that point be? Are we there already? Will it a take a few more weeks, or months? One worry I have is this thing dragging into the summer. Presumably he still wont want to fund any transfers, but that will really work against him if hes trying to sell. Why would someone buy a club a long way into a transfer window that has already shed its best players, with no new ones coming in? Any potential new owner might see that as causing another costly throw away season to endure before any re-building work and a real promotion challenging squad can be put together.

A even scarier thought is the longer it goes on he could start losing what little interest he has supporting the club financially, and we could get to a point where he "forgets" to pay the wages and everything the club lives on. I dont think it will come to that, but there have been plenty of clubs in the recent past where this has happened, even with relatively wealthy owners.

Either way, hurry up and sell!
  • Options
    Card action has flushed out a meeting with RM, so well done CARD.

If Roland has an opportunity to sell players, he will. Fans are expecting Konsa to be sold for 4 million, with £300,00 for Holmes who has already been sold.

According this forum he is losing £500,000 per month. That £6 million per year.

Selling players will cut his losses, down from £6 million to £2.7 million.

It makes good business sense.

The more he hangs on to the club the more he will lose money.

Now CARD should consider asking fans not to buy next year season tickets.

This may provoke Roland into selling the club as he will faced with catastrophic losses.

Perhaps he will then sell the club before the end of this season.

This proposed action may have the desired effect.

Please discuss

• Options
    BDL said:

Addickted said:

Does this mean the bouncy castle in the car park will be back - I do hope so

Only if you plan to lie down......
    @BDL 1 - 0 @Addickted
  • Options
    This is Dick trying to keep a lid on things while supposed negotiations are allegedly under way.
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's doing this on his own initiative.
    roly doesn't give a toss for any idea that isn't his own
    roly doesn't give a toss for the views of anyone but himself
    roly doesn't give a toss about the actions of the disaffected former employee or the 2% of misogynist trouble makers
    Dick doesn't actually have any real executive authority nor any board room power
    Dick is at least embracing the notion that doing something slightly differently might produce a different outcome. Rather than the abiding insanity pervading all areas of CAFC for all this time, that keep repeating actions that proved mistaken cos you know it will be right this time.
    Expectations from the meeting can only reasonably be nil, Dick can't provide anything CARD or CAST may desire. There's just a chance that Dick might put some of his own money in to provide the flimsiest, smallest plaster over our gaping axe wound, as with the Best recruitment.
    However sincerely well intentioned Dick's actions, and I believe they are, this locomotive is still careering down a steepening gradient, the brakes have been sold, and the driver got off 40 odd months ago to play with the other bigger shinier and above all quieter trains in his collection.
    Choo choo
  • Options

Scoham said:

Yes, the comments are going to be very interesting and I dearly hope they provide us with positive news. It is better to conduct this sort of conversation with a couple of representatives and we all know that this is all CARD wanted all along. I think those that were saying it was a waste of time when the protest was called may need to reconsider their stance.

Firstly there is no guarantee that the meeting will be anything more than a waste of time on the basis that Murray is, almost certainly, not in a position to provide 'satisfactory' answers. He certainly cannot 'guarantee' that money from the sale of Konsa will be reinvested in the squad.

Secondly we, none of us, know if Murray would have agreed to meet with the Supporters' Trust if they's just asked nicely, opposed to threatening protests and actions, both here and in Belgium, and 'taking gloves off'.

For the record I never said it was a waste of time, but it is not, necessarily, the case that the threat of a protest (now called a Rally) made Murray agree to a meeting when he wouldn't have done so if he'd just been asked.

However I am more than happy with the outcome, and grateful to all those that are, actually, doing something for the benefit of our club. Unlike me (and others) who just sit at the side offering unwanted (and possibly unhelpful) advice and comments. Just because I have a different view of how we go about it doesn't mean that I don't want what's best for the club and I'm 100% sure that so do all the members of CARD.
    Had he been asked in a nice letter or e-mail I'm not convinced the meeting would have been organised so quickly for a few days time.

It could have been set up for a few weeks time after the transfer window has closed. If RD goes on to sell a few more key players without replacements (even on loan) it would be too late to challenge/question it.
    It still will be too late to challenge it as this is the only home game in the window
    That's what I'm saying. Had RM instead been invited to meet via a letter the meeting may have been arranged for a date after the window had closed. The way CARD pushed for a meeting meant it was quickly organised for this weekend.
  • Options

If Roland has an opportunity to sell players, he will. Fans are expecting Konsa to be sold for 4 million, with £300,00 for Holmes who has already been sold.

This may provoke Roland into selling the club as he will faced with catastrophic losses.

Please discuss

In all honesty, supporters who would stop buying season tickets have already done so. Those left will always buy for a variety of reasons.
    It may be possible for some of those to delay if a change of owner on the horizon.
  • Options
    If Murrary says a load of meaningless bollocks to the trust then he has basically just swirved the confrontation he would have had.

CARD made the right move but hope this won't be treated like a game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Please discuss

He's not losing £500k per month. As I understand it, he is loaning the club £500k (or whatever the actual figure is) from his parent company each month and the club are then paying interest on the loan to his company - hence the debt continually growing.
  • Options
    Happy with the outcome. To me it was always going to be a way of flushing RM or RD out to give some answers. I don't expect to get much back but at least it shows the depths of our despair & disdain at what is going on. They also know that we wont stop until he sells up & sooner the better.
  • Options
    I am not surprised that RM has agreed to a meeting as it was the logical thing to do. As it was before CARD called for a rally.

One can but hope that he will now understand the logic for him to give a weekly update until things have been agreed and settled down, or someone takes over the role.

I do not expect anything but the basics, and I understand that there maybe occasions when he will be only be able to report that nothing has changed.

This sort of respect for your supporters should be natural. It is not a difficult concept, and if you are not sure why Richard, go and ask Robbo. He at least understands why a club should appreciate it’s fans.

• Options
    the liar banner that was held above KM's head could just as easily been held above RM's. There is no reason to believe anything he may say to the trust reps.

that said it's better than nothing.
  • Options
    Will the meeting be recorded?
    I really hope so as I think the level of sheepishness and squirminess will reach record heights if/when he's asked about his quotes four years ago.
  • Options

mogodon said:

Forgive cynicism after the past four years, but wonder if Murray is under orders ( and we know these days he is Duchatalet's puppet) to meet with CARD with the very aim of halting the demonstration. Struggle to see that the owner, whose inability to communicate is well known, has suddenly decided to open up, especially when he can't even be bothered to talk to the manager.

Not good if he is trying to sell the club if it's against a backdrop of renewed protests. That said, if the end result is he buggers off (and takes Murray with him) then it's all worthwhile.

Of course, although I doubt if it's anything to do with RD. But if RM meets CAST and doesn't provide any answers he will realise that won't be the end of the matter.
  • Options
    If protest is no longer happening, title needs to be amended
  • Options
    BDL said:

Addickted said:

Three stone down my slap headed Ebsfleet fan so catching up with you.

Mind you if I had a hairstyle like yours that would probably add another stone.
  • Options

BDL said:

Addickted said:

@BDL 1 - 0 @Addickted
    Just to make it clear, you, @BDL and @bolloxbolder are only slightly further down the list than RD and TK.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Please discuss

He's not losing £500k per month. As I understand it, he is loaning the club £500k (or whatever the actual figure is) from his parent company each month and the club are then paying interest on the loan to his company - hence the debt continually growing.
    But why would he need to loan £500k (or whatever) a month to the club if it wasn't losing money and running with a cash deficit every month?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:

BDL said:

Addickted said:

Touchy!
  • Options

Jon_CAFC_ said:

I hope, that Richard gives something of subsence in this meeting.

Whilst calling a protest has achieved the desired result in getting him out of hiding doesn’t cancelling the protest actually hamper one of the aims?

Namely it’s the last home game before the window shuts, if the response from Murray is sub par there’s no room to manoeuvre?

If Murray had something of substance to say, surely it would be released as a press statement? I'd be pleasantly surprised but staggered if he actually said anything new in the meeting.
    It's worth trying though isn't it? And its way better than a press statement as he can be put under pressure.

As a matter of interest, if RM decided not to play ball with RD and refused to help the club sell a player, what is the worst that could happen to him?

There's no obvious replacement waiting in the wings is there? Murray isn't on a wage, so what does he get out of facilitating any player sales? A commission to pay off his loan to the club? Just asking, I have no idea how it works. Does he think he's helping Charlton, or Duchatelet?

It's all rather mystifying to me.
  • Options
    BDL said:

Addickted said:

BDL said:

Addickted said:

Touchy!
    Is that meant to be touché or touchy?

I know communicating isn't your strongest point. :smiley:
  • Options
    Addickted said:

BDL said:

Addickted said:

@BDL 1 - 0 @Addickted
    Just to make it clear, you, @BDL and @bolloxbolder are only slightly further down the list than RD and TK.
    What have I done?
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    How short your memory is.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

BDL said:

Addickted said:

BDL said:

Addickted said:

Touchy!
    Is that meant to be touché or touchy?

I know communicating isn't your strongest point. :smiley:
    Oh I don't know, I used to quite like 'let's make some noise for the boys' :wink:
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

If Murrary says a load of meaningless bollocks to the trust then he has basically just swirved the confrontation he would have had.

CARD made the right move but hope this won't be treated like a game.

If he swerves the questions the next step will likely be confrontation. Murray is in a difficult place and needs to come up with some answers and some rationale for the ongoing asset selling (Alex Willis to Everton in this window anyone?).
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    cafc-west said:

Please discuss

That's part of the problem - it quickly reaches a point where there is no way of getting the loans back unless the club is successful. Seeing as he has realised he can't make that happen (because his ideas are crap, but he blames everybody else), he is losing money whatever way you look at it. I mean, who is going to pay £55m for the club when he only paid £18m!!!! It has lost thousands of fans, has less playing assets and is an average club in a lower division than when it cost £18m!
  • Options

Happy with the outcome. To me it was always going to be a way of flushing RM or RD out to give some answers. I don't expect to get much back but at least it shows the depths of our despair & disdain at what is going on. They also know that we wont stop until he sells up & sooner the better.

This.
  • Options
    RM is trying to cosy himself up to the new owners by being the link to fans.
    Sadly, he has been tainted by the RD years and needs to take a back seat.
    There is nothing he can say at the meeting except - we are in discussions with bidders and are powerless to stop RD selling whoever he wants, whenever he wants.

£400K for Ricky is going to bring my "Yann upset" all back again.
    The Belgian must go - ASAP, before he can do any more damage.
    Then we need a clean sweep of all the old guard, incl RM, that nonsense security guard bloke, and all those Rolandites with laptops and excel spreadsheets.

Not sure about KR though...........maybe let him have the full season?