Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So who claimed a free pint after then?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Next time we get three goals
    cabbles said:

I cancelled my Valley Gold membership with Charlton once I realised Roland was bending us over and shafting us

Cancelled on the 20th January 2014.......................
    He'd only just taken over then right?
    Thuram had made his debut at Boro and a few other nobodies were already in the building.
  • Options
    Like I say Henry if everyone's free to do as they please, why the protest outside the club shop last season
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Like I say Henry if everyone's free to do as they please, why the protest outside the club shop last season

Why not?

It was a demonstration but no one was stopped, no one was hassled.

There was no "rule", no fatwa.

You're really trying to make something out of nothing and pretend that you somehow aren't free to go in the shop or have a pint or doing g anything else when clearly you are.

CARD can't force you me or anyone to do or not do anything and don't try.

But keep blaming the "CARD elite" rather than the real problem which is Duchatelet.
  • Options

I went in and got my free pint.

And I took the plastic glass it came in home with me.

Ha!!

Me 1 Roland 0

You should take it back full of pi$$ and throw it in the directors box - imagine if it hit the possible new owner in the face? You would be to blame for the takeover collapsing and us being stuck with a Roly.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

I think you might need a couple of snookers to win this debate.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

I think you might need a couple of snookers to win this debate.
  • Options
    Surely those that claimed a free beer cost RD some cash and therefore benefited the cause and actually was a better action than just boycotting purchases.
  • Options

clb74 said:

Why not?

You're really trying to make something out of nothing and pretend that you somehow aren't free to go in the shop or have a pint or doing g anything else when clearly you are.

But keep blaming the "CARD elite" rather than the real problem which is Duchatelet.
    For me Henry if I'm going to protest and try and put off fellow fans going in the club shop then I can't spend money elsewhere in the ground.
  • Options
    Henry 3 clb 0
    Sorry mate
  • Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Why not?

For me Henry if I'm going to protest and try and put off fellow fans going in the club shop then I can't spend money elsewhere in the ground.
    Fine, if that's is your own stance then fine "to your own self be true". No one can tell you you're wrong.

Welcome to the protests btw
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018
    yep @clb74 if that makes you feel better, I threw my ST at Sam Bartams feet after the Burnley game in 2016, did not renew 2017 but didnt have the strength to do so again this year. I missed going to watch my club.

I am CARD, not sure about 'elite' thats a bit weird, but again yes the bizarre policy we have insisted on that everyone must make an individual decision means that 'we have some from CARD (elite) buying stuff yet last season we didnt want fans to buy.

If indeed this is 'the thing' over everything else the protests have been about then I concede you win, your right and I am wrong
  • Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

SE7toSG3 said:

Scoham said:

According to the CAFC Facebook group anyone from the CARD lot that had a free pint is a hypocrite.

I am one of the CARD lot, have a season ticket but haven't bought anything in the ground for a couple of years now nor took up the free beer option, its a personal decision and I dont care who does what, thats thier choice and I respect that.

what I do know is that even those that have a hatred for CARD, the protests or any 'disgruntled ex employees' connected to CARD, deep down, when they look into their souls agree that Roland is a total Mooncup and needs to be removed from our club, and quickly.
    So we have this season some from card elite buying stuff yet last season we didn't want fans to buy .
    Don't know who this "CARD elite" are or what they are buying other than tickets.

I think you are reaching to try and score a point and failing.

Roland is the problem, not CARD, not other fans, just Roland.
    Well let's hope Rolands gone soon then Henry.
    Because if I'm to stand alongside CARD in a protest I will need a rulebook.
    A rule book will be no good for you, you can't read.
  • Options

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Why not?

Fine, if that's is your own stance then fine "to your own self be true". No one can tell you you're wrong.

Welcome to the protests btw
    Irving extends his lead. 4-0. Even Palace put up more of a fight at Arsenal on Saturday.
    The strong attack against a weak defence.
  • Options
    I don't recall ever having a good beer at the Valley. Have we ever sold anything not shit?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

I don't recall ever having a good beer at the Valley. Have we ever sold anything not shit?

The Addicks Ale sold in the East Stand for a short while was decent I was told.

Martin Simons used to have a barrel of real ale laid on in the boardroom in the premier league days. That was decent.
  • Options

PopIcon said:

Martin Simons used to have a barrel of real ale laid on in the boardroom in the premier league days. That was decent.
    Typical name dropping by a social butterfly. :wink:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

PopIcon said:

Typical name dropping by a social butterfly. :wink:
    Harsh but fair