Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Photo - Valley helpers v Valley Staff Match 1992

Comments

• Used to play football with the guy laying down at the front, Mick Jones. Was a very good keeper.
  • Which one is you, @Doucher ?

Can recognise 3 or 4 of the guys.
  • That's next season's squad if Roland doesn't sell by the Summer.
  • Nice picture.

Not sure if it is the same game but we have a whole folder of photos of two teams wearing the same kits in the museum.

Will check it out next time we're in.
  • Which one is you, @Doucher ?

back row fifth from the left
  • DOUCHER said:

Which one is you, @Doucher ?

back row fifth from the left
    sorry, I mean 5th from the right - not chris parkes
  • Spooky that they do the Wembley-style Sasa Ilic photo six years before it happened!
  • Blimey, I'm in that pic.
    Remember a massive thunderstorm during the game.
  • Used to play football with the guy laying down at the front, Mick Jones. Was a very good keeper.

Not Micky Brown?
  • recognise a few from that pic, who's the fella in the middle of the back row in the black shirt - feel like I recognise him but he may have put on a bit of timber since then (who hasn't!)
  • Sponsored links:

• recognise a few from that pic, who's the fella in the middle of the back row in the black shirt - feel like I recognise him but he may have put on a bit of timber since then (who hasn't!)

Think you may know him from poly weights vets. DP.

Not Micky Brown?
    You're right, it's Brown (been a while since I've seen him)
  • Didn’t Micky brown work at the valley until we were relegated from the prem/champ?
  • He did Solidgone until binned off like so many others over the years. No loyalty at Charlton which is sad given all the money available to throw at players, many of whom clearly don't deserve it.
  • Solidgone said:

Didn’t Micky brown work at the valley until we were relegated from the prem/champ?

Yes mate
  • Was this taken before or after the due diligence?
  • Dave Hales, John Rook, Steve Dixon, Chris Parkes, Colin Powell, Colin Clarke and me, my mate and my dad are those I can put a name to - lots of others I recognise but can't put a name to now - a lot of them worked or helped out at the club before and after the return on 'the grounds and maintenance' side of things and it was known as 'the boot room' where they used to gather and have the banter - can't remember the final score but there was indeed a torrential downpour so we had to sit in the stands for a bit. Seem to remember some great goals, the opening goal being almost from the half way line and the same player scored 4 in total for the blues who won 7-4 ish - don't want to talk about who that main goal scorer was but semedo would have been in awe!!!!!

Not Micky Brown?
    You're right, it's Brown (been a while since I've seen him)
    He's been down to a few games this season.
  • we use to have a beer in the Lord Herbert.
  • edited January 2018
    DOUCHER said:

Dave Hales, John Rook, Steve Dixon, Chris Parkes, Colin Powell, Colin Clarke and me, my mate and my dad are those I can put a name to - lots of others I recognise but can't put a name to now - a lot of them worked or helped out at the club before and after the return on 'the grounds and maintenance' side of things and it was known as 'the boot room' where they used to gather and have the banter - can't remember the final score but there was indeed a torrential downpour so we had to sit in the stands for a bit. Seem to remember some great goals, the opening goal being almost from the half way line and the same player scored 4 in total for the blues who won 7-4 ish - don't want to talk about who that main goal scorer was but semedo would have been in awe!!!!!

I can add to those names Richard Parkes (Chris’s son), Kevin merrick, Colin day, Dean Pittom, Keith gale, Tony fewell (I think), al Bloomfield (I think) and Stan Willoughby’s son who run the show for the blues.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone know the older guy in the middle of the back row (standing next to the bloke in the black t shirt)

Think I used to work with him at Lloyds back in the 80’s, along with @Ketman and his name might be Keith.
  • Anyone know the older guy in the middle of the back row (standing next to the bloke in the black t shirt)

Think I used to work with him at Lloyds back in the 80’s, along with @Ketman and his name might be Keith.

That’s Keith Gale

Think you may know him from poly weights vets. DP.
    @paulbaconsarnie thought it was (a slim and more hair!) Deano, he still play's with me now for Belvedere Vets - v good golfer too