Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Neil Diamond

Not dead but forced to retire from touring with immediate evident due to the onset of Parkinson’s Disease. Such a shame. I know it’s a bit kitsch but he’s been a big favourite of mine for more years than I care to remember. Good luck to you Mr D.

Comments

  • He’ll be back.
    Money talks....
  • saw him at the O2 a few years back - classic stuff
  • As I said on the music thread, saw him at Earls Court about 15 years ago, one of the best shows I’ve been to.
  • He’ll be back.
    Money talks....

    Very good. On a serious note though it depends how quickly the disease progresses. I have a family member in their 70’s with it and it is completely debilitating for them, struggling to walk and talk, but perfect mentally. It is very very sad to watch although it is different for all I guess.
  • Nug said:

    He’ll be back.
    Money talks....

    Very good. On a serious note though it depends how quickly the disease progresses. I have a family member in their 70’s with it and it is completely debilitating for them, struggling to walk and talk, but perfect mentally. It is very very sad to watch although it is different for all I guess.
    Apologies to anyone who thinks my comment is making light of Parkinson’s. My father has been diagnosed with it within the last couple of years so it is close to home for me.
    It was just a (crap) throw away attempt at humour.
  • Nug said:

    He’ll be back.
    Money talks....

    Very good. On a serious note though it depends how quickly the disease progresses. I have a family member in their 70’s with it and it is completely debilitating for them, struggling to walk and talk, but perfect mentally. It is very very sad to watch although it is different for all I guess.
    Apologies to anyone who thinks my comment is making light of Parkinson’s. My father has been diagnosed with it within the last couple of years so it is close to home for me.
    It was just a (crap) throw away attempt at humour.
    Not at all I thought it was funny. Hope your Dad is doing okay it’s my mother in law that has it she’s 70 and it seems to have progressed quite rapidly for her unfortunately. Yet I have a uncle who has had it for years and years but has quite manageable symptoms still.
  • My mum will be devastated. She came over from the Canaries for his last tour here. Grew up listening to ND - lots of tunes in my head still as a result. Annoying really, cos I fucking hate them all... :lol:
  • He’ll be back.
    Money talks....

    Indeed, Diamonds are forever.
  • Neil Diamond will always be remembered for his iconic and catchy "Sweet Caroline", and rightly so.

    However he wrote many better songs IMO, the best being "I am, I said". He also wrote a number of songs made famous by other artists: "The boat that I row" - Lulu, "red red wine" - UB40 and "I'm a believer" - The Monkees.

    So sad.
  • forever in blue jeans (money talks) my favourite - like billy joel, elton john, chris rea - wouldn't have given them the time of day when younger, but great singer songwriters - brilliant
  • Sponsored links:


  • He was due to come to NZ to perform at the Mission Estate Winery in a few weeks - he will be hard to replace. He was to have been the next in a long list of great artists including Ray Charles, Eric Clapton and Dionne Warwick.
  • Great artist, very enjoyable concerts, when he paused singing half the audience were singing along. Many thanks for the memories Neil, stay positive with your writing talent, and rest assured I will continue to represent you in my inimitable style on the karaoke, painful but enthusiastic. I will now get The jazz Singer out to watch.
  • PeterGage said:

    Neil Diamond will always be remembered for his iconic and catchy "Sweet Caroline", and rightly so.

    However he wrote many better songs IMO, the best being "I am, I said". He also wrote a number of songs made famous by other artists: "The boat that I row" - Lulu, "red red wine" - UB40 and "I'm a believer" - The Monkees.

    So sad.

    'I am, I said' is probably my favourite too. I also love 'Sweet Caroline' especially when it is sung by 20,000 people at boxing just before the main event!

    '12 Songs' the album he did that was produced by Rick Rubin is pretty damn good too - especially the first two tracks, 'Oh Mary' and Hell Yeah'.

  • bobmunro said:

    PeterGage said:

    Neil Diamond will always be remembered for his iconic and catchy "Sweet Caroline", and rightly so.

    However he wrote many better songs IMO, the best being "I am, I said". He also wrote a number of songs made famous by other artists: "The boat that I row" - Lulu, "red red wine" - UB40 and "I'm a believer" - The Monkees.

    So sad.

    'I am, I said' is probably my favourite too. I also love 'Sweet Caroline' especially when it is sung by 20,000 people at boxing just before the main event!

    '12 Songs' the album he did that was produced by Rick Rubin is pretty damn good too - especially the first two tracks, 'Oh Mary' and Hell Yeah'.

    "Hell Yeah" is a somewhat prophet given his physical state. It talks about his life, his achievements, from a point of view as he sees the end phase of his life.
  • PeterGage said:

    bobmunro said:

    PeterGage said:

    Neil Diamond will always be remembered for his iconic and catchy "Sweet Caroline", and rightly so.

    However he wrote many better songs IMO, the best being "I am, I said". He also wrote a number of songs made famous by other artists: "The boat that I row" - Lulu, "red red wine" - UB40 and "I'm a believer" - The Monkees.

    So sad.

    'I am, I said' is probably my favourite too. I also love 'Sweet Caroline' especially when it is sung by 20,000 people at boxing just before the main event!

    '12 Songs' the album he did that was produced by Rick Rubin is pretty damn good too - especially the first two tracks, 'Oh Mary' and Hell Yeah'.

    "Hell Yeah" is a somewhat prophet given his physical state. It talks about his life, his achievements, from a point of view as he sees the end phase of his life.
    PeterGage said:

    bobmunro said:

    PeterGage said:

    Neil Diamond will always be remembered for his iconic and catchy "Sweet Caroline", and rightly so.

    However he wrote many better songs IMO, the best being "I am, I said". He also wrote a number of songs made famous by other artists: "The boat that I row" - Lulu, "red red wine" - UB40 and "I'm a believer" - The Monkees.

    So sad.

    'I am, I said' is probably my favourite too. I also love 'Sweet Caroline' especially when it is sung by 20,000 people at boxing just before the main event!

    '12 Songs' the album he did that was produced by Rick Rubin is pretty damn good too - especially the first two tracks, 'Oh Mary' and Hell Yeah'.

    "Hell Yeah" is a somewhat prophet given his physical state. It talks about his life, his achievements, from a point of view as he sees the end phase of his life.
    xx prophetic xx
Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out!