Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scenes in French supermarkets...

Comments

• Options
    Does a Charlton fan come in right at the end of that english one?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

white flag waving sods

lol .... there's nothing like mindless stereotyping.

just a bit of banter, just as singing songs about the world war i dont consider massive crimes the people of arras are lovely people the people of Marseilles not so much.
  • Options
    We haven’t really evolved have we?
  • Options
    I'm more of a Speculoos man myself!
  • Options
    That's nothing, you want to see how my dog reacts when I pull out a chicken twist.
  • Options
    If somedy announced my local Tesco was giving jars of the stuff away for free, i wouldn't be bothered to go and it is about a minute away from me. The French must love it.
  • Options
    Having seen Last Tango in Paris god help them if there's ever an offer on Lurpack.
  • Options
    Le twats
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also, another 'winner' for me this year was TripAdvisor stating that the best 2 Restaurants in the World were in England ! - they did not like that one bit- said it must be an English website, but when I pointed out TripAdvisor was global they walked away shaking their heads.
    But, in May I have 4 of them coming over to London for a typical Londoners weekend, of which one of the things I intend to do, apart from the usual tourist stuff is take them for a local Ruby and also The Pelton Arms.
  • Options

Also, another 'winner' for me this year was TripAdvisor stating that the best 2 Restaurants in the World were in England ! - they did not like that one bit- said it must be an English website, but when I pointed out TripAdvisor was global they walked away shaking their heads.
    But, in May I have 4 of them coming over to London for a typical Londoners weekend, of which one of the things I intend to do, apart from the usual tourist stuff is take them for a local Ruby and also The Pelton Arms.

Order them a chicken phall
  • Options

I work on a floor where i'm the only English native speaker with approx. 30 French and 30 French speaking Belgians - couldn't wish for a nicer bunch of guys. Yeah, they take the piss (mainly about English food), but I take it on the chin in that English upper lip style (and also coz i'm vastly outnumbered). But this last year has totally changed my maybe stereotypical view of the French. I will come out of here with friends for life.

And I like Nutella !

You want to hear what they say about you behind your back.

Struggle to understand how the Belgians can take the piss out of English food.

• Options
    Very orderly and tame by Israeli standards...
  • Options
    I like hazlenut chocolate and bread but not both together.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    To any Nutellaless French people out there. 2/3 jar available. €500 O.N.Oimage
  • Options
    Addickted said:

I work on a floor where i'm the only English native speaker with approx. 30 French and 30 French speaking Belgians - couldn't wish for a nicer bunch of guys. Yeah, they take the piss (mainly about English food), but I take it on the chin in that English upper lip style (and also coz i'm vastly outnumbered). But this last year has totally changed my maybe stereotypical view of the French. I will come out of here with friends for life.

And I like Nutella !

There's not another country in the world with more Michelin stars per number /inhabitants then Belgium ...
  • Options

How can you have Marmite and Vegemite? Surely it’s one of the other and for me it’s not that Aussie shite.
  • Options

Meh, we're no better in this country.

Deodorant on a special?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    skywalker said:

Addickted said:

And I like Nutella !

There's not another country in the world with more Michelin stars per number /inhabitants then Belgium ...
    Travellers’ Choice Favourite Fine Dining Restaurants Europe:

The Black Swan at Oldstead, Oldstead, United Kingdom
    Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons, New Milton, United Kingdom
    Maison Lameloise, Chagny, France
    L'Auberge de l'Ill, Illhaeusern, France
    Martin Berasategui, Lasarte, Spain
    El Celler de Can Roca, Girona, Spain
    Restaurant Alcron, Prague, Czech Republic
    The Fat Duck, Bray on Thames, United Kingdom
    Ristorante Don Alfonso 1890, Sant'Agata sui Due Golfi, Italy
    DOC, Armamar, Portugal
    Chez Bruno, Lorgues, France
    Azurmendi, Larrabetzu, Spain
    Funky Gourmet, Athens, Greece
    Ciel Bleu Restaurant, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Noma, Copenhagen, Denmark
    Da Vittorio, Brusaporto, Italy
    Teppanyaki Restaurant Sazanka, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Terasa u Zlate Studne, Prague, Czech Republic
    Waterside Inn, Bray on Thames, United Kingdom
    The Three Chimneys, Colbost, United Kingdom
    Le Cinq, Paris, France
    Epicure, Paris, France
    Es Calo Restaurant, Calo de Sant Agusti, Spain
    Disfrutar, Barcelona, Spain
    Uliassi, Senigallia, Italy

Nope, no Belgium restaurants in the top 25 listed from last year.
  • Options
    Don't blame em. Nutella is the spread of kings.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    https://www.thedailymeal.com/eat/101-best-restaurants-europe-2014-slideshow/slide-5
    Belgium has about the number of inhabitants of London. In this list there's 2, however I was talking about all the Michelin star restaurants ...

"Food-loving Belgium now has a higher density of Michelin stars than its neighbouring countries"

http://www.xpats.com/fine-dining-belgian-restaurants-celebrating-new-michelin-stars
  • Options
    skywalker said:

Belgium has about the number of inhabitants of London.

Are you Donald Trump?
  • Options

skywalker said:

Are you Donald Trump?
    Depends on your definition of “London”. Belgium has about 3m less population the Greater London, but the vague “Metropolitan Area” has 3m more.
  • Options

How can you have Marmite and Vegemite? Surely it’s one of the other and for me it’s not that Aussie shite.
    That's the daughters. They picked up a taste for it whilst in Australia and prefer it. I also wouldn't touch that shite
  • Options

skywalker said:

Are you Donald Trump?
    Depends on your definition of “London”. Belgium has about 3m less population the Greater London, but the vague “Metropolitan Area” has 3m more.
    Half of Belgium commutes into Luxembourg every day anyway.
  • Options
    skywalker said:

skywalker said:

Are you Donald Trump?
    Just had a look at the person lying next to me ... ,nope ... it's not Melania !
    Diane Abbot?
  • Options

skywalker said:

skywalker said:

Are you Donald Trump?
    Diane Abbot?

skywalker said:

skywalker said:

Are you Donald Trump?
    Diane Abbot?
    This should be flagged for grossness.