Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Oxford referee 3rd Feb 2018

Oh great. Looking forward to to the game but now expecting a red card with this man in charge!

Comments

• Options
    Haha - Knew the moment I saw this thread who it would be about!!
  • Options
    Didn't he ref the away game last year and gave us a pen?
  • Options
    Don’t let Keith see this thread ffs.
  • Options

The same. Often these days the officials get many people well steamed up but normally I just can't be arsed. Stroud is the exception. It's hard to believe he's still allowed to take charge of any match at this level - they really can't find anyone better? It bodes ill for Saturday, and KR will need to be chained up to the dugout and muzzled.
  • Options

The same. Often these days the officials get many people well steamed up but normally I just can't be arsed. Stroud is the exception. It's hard to believe he's still allowed to take charge of any match at this level - they really can't find anyone better? It bodes ill for Saturday, and KR will need to be chained up to the dugout and muzzled.
    To be honest I have mixed feelings about him these days. The Bauer / Millwall incident is still very raw but other than that he's not done too badly;

i.e. Was very good for the Rotherham 4-1 win that year when I thought he could have sent Makienok off
  • Options

To be honest I have mixed feelings about him these days. The Bauer / Millwall incident is still very raw but other than that he's not done too badly;

i.e. Was very good for the Rotherham 4-1 win that year when I thought he could have sent Makienok off
    The Leeds game at home (the delayed kick off because of the storm) still lives long in the memory. He may as well have had a Leeds shirt on that day, was one of the most biased, one sided performances I've ever seen from a ref.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Oh great. Looking forward to to the game but now expecting a red card with this man in charge!

Oh come on, he only sent off one player this weekend and it was probably/possibly deserved :smile:
    Let's hope KR and our players are aware. No iffy tackles please, don't give him a reason.
  • Options
    Blimey, has he not been struck off yet?
  • Options
    Worst referee in the football league and there is such proper shit but he is a disgrace
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018
    I'm normally pretty philosophical about referees and believe that it all evens itself out over a season.

This guy really does seem to have a problem with us though from what I have sen over the past few seasons.
  • Options
    Seen him ref a number of games and it's not just us, the bloke is hopeless.
  • Options

The Leeds game at home (the delayed kick off because of the storm) still lives long in the memory. He may as well have had a Leeds shirt on that day, was one of the most biased, one sided performances I've ever seen from a ref.
    Was that the same game that Paddy Kenny clapped the ref.....or another. If your referring to the 4-2 game I went with some Leeds mates who were embarrassed afterwards, not because they won, but by his performance.
  • Options
    He is also the ref where Burton were playing against Newcastle last year, when instead of making Newcastle re-take the penalty after encroachment after they scored, gave Burton a free kick.
  • Options

Was that the same game that Paddy Kenny clapped the ref.....or another. If your referring to the 4-2 game I went with some Leeds mates who were embarrassed afterwards, not because they won, but by his performance.
    That's the one!
  • Options
    Keith Stroud you're a wanker, you're a wanker.

He is hated by the fans of pretty much every league 1 and championship club out there. Useless prick.
  • Options

Yeah he did but still gave a red card to harry Lennon. Also disallowed a perfect goal against millwall last season

He may be rubbish, but he can't be blamed for the Lennon red card!
  • Options

He is also the ref where Burton were playing against Newcastle last year, when instead of making Newcastle re-take the penalty after encroachment after they scored, gave Burton a free kick.

The little chuckle brother doppelganger showed in that match he is not fit to referee. Every football fan and their auntie knows you retake for encroachment. Keith Stroud and Trevor Kettle should stick their whistles where the sun don't shine.
  • Options

The little chuckle brother doppelganger showed in that match he is not fit to referee. Every football fan and their auntie knows you retake for encroachment. Keith Stroud and Trevor Kettle should stick their whistles where the sun don't shine.
    You DONT retake the penalty in ALL cases. If the defending goalkeeper or one of his colleagues encroaches and the ball enters the goal, the goal stands. Best change your auntie
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

You DONT retake the penalty in ALL cases. If the defending goalkeeper or one of his colleagues encroaches and the ball enters the goal, the goal stands. Best change your auntie
    That's a bit of a given though isn't it? Not going to penalise the penalty taker for the defending team encroaching. Having said that Keith Stroud might.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Meant to say " if one of the colleagues of the defending goalkeeper"
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

I think the point was the free kick award.

Encroachment by defending side -> goal would stand
    Encroachment by attacking side -> 'miss' would stand
    Otherwise a retake

I think the only time there would be a FK is playing the ball twice, correct?
  • Options
    I have to say that I can't ever remember who the shit refs are, although Stroud & Kettle's names always stand out. I will make a point to look out for his dodgy decisions on Saturday.
  • Options
    CatAddick said:

PeterGage said:

Otherwise a retake

Yes correct as we are talking about the same player touching the ball twice at a penalty kick.

However, penalties apart, there is one instance where the same player touches it twice and the kick is retaken. Not being clever, but as a piece of fun, I will let you think about it b4 I reveal if required. No cheating by looking it up !!
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

CatAddick said:

PeterGage said:

Otherwise a retake

Yes correct as we are talking about the same player touching the ball twice at a penalty kick.

However, penalties apart, there is one instance where the same player touches it twice and the kick is retaken. Not being clever, but as a piece of fun, I will let you think about it b4 I reveal if required. No cheating by looking it up !!
    I'm gonna guess at Goal kick??
  • Options

PeterGage said:

CatAddick said:

PeterGage said:

Otherwise a retake

Thanks Brendon. My fault, I should have stated " at a free kick".

I cant answer your suggestion in full becos it might give away the answer
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

CatAddick said:

PeterGage said:

Otherwise a retake

I’m thinking it must be a bit obscure... ball hits ref / dog then is played again by FK taker?
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

PeterGage said:

CatAddick said:

PeterGage said:

Otherwise a retake

Is it a free-kick inside your own penalty box (and the ball didn't go outside of the box)?
  • Options

PeterGage said:

PeterGage said:

CatAddick said:

PeterGage said:

Otherwise a retake

Is it a free-kick inside your own penalty box (and the ball didn't go outside of the box)?
    Ooo good shout! Coz technically ball isn’t in play until it has left the area (I think). I’ll let the expert confirm but i think you’ve got it
  • Options
    Another obscure one, if Peter can confirm, fk in box; doesn’t leave the box; striker runs in to take ball and keeper wipes him out.

Red card for keeper (violent conduct) but original fk is retaken - no penalty?