Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Work Contracts

Any HR on here

Does a company have to give you a contract if you a full time member of staff and permanent ?
If they dont does this affect there insurance?

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2007
    Sort of. It's a legal requirement that they give anyone a "statement of particulars" within two months except for a few odd cases such as if you are working oversees

It should contain the name of your employer, your place of work, job title, payments including pension etc, hours, holiday.lenght of employment and notice period.

You may not have had something with "contract" written on it but you may have got a letter of appointment or similar when you started with this info.

Check out http://www.dti.gov.uk/employment/employment-legislation/employment-guidance/ or if you are an employer I know people who will draw up contracts up for you at a reasonable cost : - )

Not sure about insurance. Depends what type of insurance you mean. If they are insured against being taken to employment tribunals then then is normally a caveat that the insurance co. only pays out if the employer has followed ALL the instructions and rules so it might. Technically they are breaking the law.
  • Options
    This is the one I prefer to use similar info

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/layer?r.l1=1073858787&topicId=1073971494&r.l2=1074428798&r.s=tl
  • Options
    Cheers people i have had nothing at all very small company.total of 4 one being the boss, one lady been with him 20 years does not have one.

Just worries me as he a moody rich sod who sulks over nothing shouts for nothing and if i was to answer back i dont have a leg to stand on

Not sure wheter to take it further as as soon as i have have been in hospital on June 19th for my OP i intend looking for a new job
  • Options
    In law you have a contract of employment based on custom and practice and if you went to a tribunial you would most likely win, not knowing all the relevant fact he quickly says, as he's not issued you with a contract or statement.

If you are going into hospital (and I hope that goes well) I'd check before you going on that he will be paying you while you're off and leave it at that. Then start looking for another job. He'll most likely try to screw you on the notice so beware that.

Anyone else been in hospital, left or been fired recently? If so find out what they got as it is a precedent.

Most importantly get some professional advice before you take any action.
  • Options
    No mate im not getting paid have to take it as Hoilday

I cant complain as i was off in Jan for 6 weeks paid he was good to me and going back in to have the emergency OP i had back then reversed so im back to normal.

Im just thinking long term and my future car
  • Options
    What do you do?
  • Options
    At the moment i work as a Asst Property Manager for a a very rich bored muilti multi mutli millionaire. Which is OK if i ever do what I'm employed to do all i do is his personal stuff more like a school leaver would do.

Even though one could thing i have learnt how to use sage as i help accounts as well
    Before that i was in Shipping for a large Licenced toiletries company also done was export /UK sales Admin
  • Options
    Get him talking about Charlton and what a good investement opportunity it is :-)
  • Options
    ha ha he is a Gooner