Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton women news - (2024-25 fixtures p78)

Comments

• Played well today. Wrapped it up in the first half. The new additions make a big difference to both the pressing defending and the movement in attack.
  • Mike said:
    Assume only one team gets promoted to WSL. Shame Liverpool are in there.
    Bit shit as like you say Liverpool are miles clear.

At the very least they should have a play off for the 2nd placed team playing 2nd bottom from the top division.
  • Playing the bottom team today.
  • Not being streamed as far as I can see 
  • While looking around to see if anyone was streaming today's game (no joy - it's Palace on the FA Player this week) I noticed that the FA website says the Everton FA cup game at Crayford in a fortnight is a 1pm kickoff, not 2pm as it says on our website and the ticketing site. One of the two is wrong and I don't know which. 
  • While looking around to see if anyone was streaming today's game (no joy - it's Palace on the FA Player this week) I noticed that the FA website says the Everton FA cup game at Crayford in a fortnight is a 1pm kickoff, not 2pm as it says on our website and the ticketing site. One of the two is wrong and I don't know which. 
    Perhaps @Sadamson can advise
  • 1-0 up, Elise Hughes on 51 min.
  • Finished 1-1. Conceded an equaliser with a few minutes to go.
  • The kick-off time for the Everton game on the 27th has been corrected to 1pm, not the usual 2pm. It's also being reduced in price, £5 standard, £3 concessions. If you've never been to the Oakwood, now's your chance! As with men's games, season tickets aren't valid for the cup.

• The kick-off time for the Everton game on the 27th has been corrected to 1pm, not the usual 2pm. It's also being reduced in price, £5 standard, £3 concessions. If you've never been to the Oakwood, now's your chance! As with men's games, season tickets aren't valid for the cup.

All tickets are print at home even if you buy at The Valley ticket office.

• Sponsored links:

• Should be a good game with Charlton having a good chance of winning.

Get down to The Oakwood next Sunday. Good selection of beers in the clubhouse.
  • Eartha Cumings making her debut for Scotland against Hungary tonight, in the 5th/6th playoff of a friendly tournament. It's on BBC Alba with most of the commentary in Gaelic, if you're more dedicated than me. 0-0 at half time.
  • 0-0 full time, 3-1 Scotland on penalties. Decent save by Eartha to win it. No idea what the game was like as I only turned on to see how it ended and the Gaelic commentator could have been saying they were brilliant or they were rubbish, for all I know.

• Todays FACup tie being streamed on you tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTaHjIikBlw
  • Lost 0-2
  • I think we can see that it is probably a blessing that we won't get promoted this season. We need to improve as I'm sure we will do for next season given the age of the squad and probably we need one or two new offensive players. It is a bit hopeful offensively at the moment but we are showing we are getting there.
  • I watched the 1st half today on stream befor I had to go out.

Our women pressed well and battled hard ....... but Everton always seemed to have a player spare plus players who could find time on the ball, difficult to break down at the back and threatening on the counter. 

Blimey, I sound like Brownie(!) :anguished:

No disgrace to our girls; they were playing a top League side.

• Oggy Red said:
    I watched the 1st half today on stream befor I had to go out.

Our women pressed well and battled hard ....... but Everton always seemed to have a player spare plus players who could find time on the ball, difficult to break down at the back and threatening on the counter. 

This is true, but they are a lowly top league side which suggests we are making progress but have more to make. That isn't a criticism, we are clearly getting better and that is what we need to continue.
  • We've certainly improved since last year but there is a huge diffrence between the top 2 divisions, despite what the commentator was saying. Our game plan seemed mainly damage limitation with often one up top against 3 4 or 5 at times. 
  • Our leading scorers were on the bench until late in the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    I watched the 1st half today on stream befor I had to go out.

This is true, but they are a lowly top league side which suggests we are making progress but have more to make. That isn't a criticism, we are clearly getting better and that is what we need to continue.
    Yeah, I think that's a fair assessment, @MuttleyCAFC

Compared to Everton, we just lacked that little bit of quality on the ball. The difference in division showed.
    Though couldn't fault our organisation, press and battling attitude.

I wish our mens' team would play with the same desire and ballsy attitude as the women did today.

• Jess King and Vyan Sampson will both be taking part in a Zoom event we’re hosting on International Women’s Day >> https://cact.org.uk/news/join-us-on-international-womens-day-for-an-important-virtual-panel-discussion

• The Sunderland-themed weekend continues tomorrow at 2pm when the women play Sunderland at the former Eppleton Colliery Welfare ground, where they've been based for several years. 2pm kickoff. We aren't the FA player game this week, so I don't think it's likely to be streamed anywhere.

Next week's home game against Liverpool is confirmed as the FA Player game, which means it will definitely be streamed. 
  • Does anyone know when the postponed away fixture against Liverpool is likely to be played? Can’t see it on the website
    The postponed Liverpool game has been announced as Sunday 20 March, 2pm, Prenton Park (Tranmere Rovers FC).

March fixtures:
    6/3  Sunderland (away), Eppleton Colliery Welfare, 2pm
    13/3 Liverpool (home), 2pm. Streamed on FA Player and the usual club streams
    20/3 Liverpool (away), Tranmere Rovers FC, 2pm
    27/3 Crystal Palace (home). FA website says 3.30pm, not the usual 2pm.
  • Losing 1-0 away to Sunderland
  • 0-2 defeat for those who are interested.

It seems that our Official site is a bit slow to report the losses.

U18 England starlet, Neve Herron, with both the goals ... one at 59 mins, the other at the death.

The lack of firepower up front would seem to limit ambitions at the moment.
  • Dave Rudd said:

The lack of firepower up front would seem to limit ambitions at the moment.
    Same problem with the mens' side. It's a Charlton thing.
    Need to put something different in their cups of tea.

• Attendance announced as 671 which is a big step up from what we'd been getting so far. Whether that's down to the quality of the opposition or to people giving up on watching the men play, I wouldn't want to speculate...
  • I'm sure the "name" of the opposition was a factor rather than the quality. The other factor I think helps is playing at home a weekend when the men are away. Too often they have both been home the same weekend.