Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton women news - (2024-25 fixtures p78)

Comments

• Anything we get against one of the top four is a good result in my book. Southampton are a much better side now than when we won at their place at the start of the season and I'll absolutely take a 1-0.

Crowd announced as 758. Not as many as some other clubs have had for games at their main stadium, but then a lot of those games have been cut-priced tickets. Still it would be nice to hope we might get a few more for the remaining game at the Valley, which is the Durham game at 12 noon on 16 April.
  • Anything we get against one of the top four is a good result in my book. Southampton are a much better side now than when we won at their place at the start of the season and I'll absolutely take a 1-0.

Crowd announced as 758. Not as many as some other clubs have had for games at their main stadium, but then a lot of those games have been cut-priced tickets. Still it would be nice to hope we might get a few more for the remaining game at the Valley, which is the Durham game at 12 noon on 16 April.
    I heard it as 358.
  • Crusty54 said:
    Anything we get against one of the top four is a good result in my book. Southampton are a much better side now than when we won at their place at the start of the season and I'll absolutely take a 1-0.

I heard it as 358.
    It was tweeted as 758 during the second half, so I assumed they'd checked that figure before putting it out. It's about in line with the number announced for last season's Durham game at the Valley, if I remember right.
  • Crusty54 said:
    Anything we get against one of the top four is a good result in my book. Southampton are a much better side now than when we won at their place at the start of the season and I'll absolutely take a 1-0.

I heard it as 358.
    It was tweeted as 758 during the second half, so I assumed they'd checked that figure before putting it out. It's about in line with the number announced for last season's Durham game at the Valley, if I remember right.
    Yeah, they definitely said 758
  • edited March 2023
    Looking at the Birmingham ticket site, there seem to have been about 20 seats sold in the away section. There are usually a fair few people who travel with the club, non-playing squad members, social media, etc, but that looks to be more than the usual away crowd.

A nice easy away trip coming up on Sunday 2 April, at Princes Park which will feel like home to those who go to under-21 games.

12 Mar: Birmingham City, away, 2pm. At St Andrews. £8 adult, £6 senior or u-18, £1 u-11. Tickets from here.
    19 Mar: Coventry United, away, 2pm. At Butts Park, Coventry RFC. £7 adult, £5 concession, £3 under-16. Tickets from here.
    22 Mar: Blackburn Rovers, away, 6.45pm. At Bamber Bridge FC. £8 adult, £4 under-18 or "senior". Tickets from here.
    26 Mar: Sunderland, HOME, 12noon. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 or under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day.
    29 Mar: Lewes, HOME, 6:45pm. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 or under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day.
    2 Apr: London City Lionesses, away, 2pm. At Pride Princes Park, Dartford FC. £8 adult, £4 concession. Tickets from here.

Edit: Princes Park. Definitely Princes Park. A heck of a lot closer to home than that other place, D'oh.

• A nice easy away trip coming up on Sunday 2 April, at Pride Park which will feel like home to those who go to under-21 games.

2 Apr: London City Lionesses, away, 2pm. At Pride Park, Dartford FC. £8 adult, £4 concession. Tickets from here.
    Princes Park
  • Losing 1-0 at HT
  • FT 2-2
  • Brief highlights of the Birmingham game are up on YouTube.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wga_YWGSiXM
  • Sponsored links:

• 19 Mar: Coventry United, away, 2pm. At Butts Park, Coventry RFC. £7 adult, £5 concession, £3 under-16. Tickets from here.
    22 Mar: Blackburn Rovers, away, 6.45pm. At Bamber Bridge FC. £8 adult, £4 under-18 or "senior". Tickets from here.
    26 Mar: Sunderland, HOME, 12noon. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 or under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day.
    29 Mar: Lewes, HOME, 6:45pm. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 or under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day.
    2 Apr: London City Lionesses, away, 2pm. At Pride Princes Park, Dartford FC. £8 adult, £4 concession. Tickets from here.
    9 Apr: week off (international weekend, England play Brazil 6/4 and Australia 11/4)

England-Brazil is at Wembley. Cheap seats sold out ages ago but seats in the posh area are available at £50 if anyone's that keen. The Australia game is at Brentford and is sold out unless you can prove you're Australian and want a seat in the away section.

Before that, there's the more important matter of a game at Coventry, followed by a midweek trip to Blackburn's base at Bamber Bridge. And some of us think Crayford is out in the sticks...
  • Winning 0-2 after 50 minutes 
  • 0-3 after 59 minutes
  • 0-4 after 80 minutes 
  • 1-4 after 83 minutes 
  • edited March 2023
    3rd in League, 7 points behind with 2 games in hand
  • FT 1-4 👍
  • Great result ♥️
  • Some great goals in that game. I hope the highlights will go up on YouTube. I'd estimate perhaps 30-40 people cheering when we scored. I haven't been to enough away games to know if this is a general trend, but last week and this week we've had a lot more travelling support than we used to get. Perhaps that's an effect of the Euros.

Blackburn away on Wednesday. Any Addicks in that part of the country do consider going along - you won't regret it.
  • It's a shame that there's only one promotion spot into the WSL, much harsher than other leagues. I think the team would have to win all of their last 7 games to win this league which is some ask, but I hope we can finish strongly and end the season above Not Millwall. I remain very nervous about next season, if there's no takeover I'm not sure I see Sandgaard spending the money needed to help this team kick on, and if we are taken over then there's no idea at all if the new owners will show even the smallest amount of interest in owning the women's team, let alone funding it.
    Apart from the stupid name change stuff Sandgaard has been pretty good with the women's team, they've had increasingly regular matches at The Valley, they've been decently funded and before he completely ran away he turned up to some of the games. I'm really hoping if he stays that the comparatively small expenditure on keeping this team competitive is something he'll be willing to continue. This team deserves it.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2023
    Agree with most of Garry Manilow's post above.
    I think if it was two up and two down it would be a right yo-yo situation unless a high budget appears for the promoted team. TBF that is probably similar to what Norwich encounter in the men's game.

If I lived nearer to the ground I would go and watch more games on a Sunday with Cafc. I have to confess I have seen more games at Kingsmeadow, Kingston to cheer on the opposition when Chelsea woman play. 
    Gutted when they beat Arsenal last month in the league but at least Arsenal got their revenge the following week at Selhurst  park in the League cup final.

The ability and fitness of the top women players has come on leaps and bounds compared to 20 years ago when Kelly Smith and Rachel Yankee were very skilful but just didn't have the stamina and fitness of the girls today because they just didn't need to.

Man utd turning down 500k from Arsenal for Russo after the ACL'S to Beth Mead and Vivianne Miedema tells you the woman's game is becoming big business in its own right.
    Now Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal and Man utd in the battle for leagues and cups. Aston Villa have improved with the likes of Daley and Nobbs joining.
  • I suspect the next step is to make the leagues a little bigger and the issue with this is to ensure they remain competitive. 
  • HT losing 1-0
  • 1-1 at present. Come on you reds, you can score one more. 
  • Ayisi equalises after 67 minutes 1-1
  • FT 1-1
  • Brum beating Palace 3-1 after 75 minutes 
  • edited March 2023
    1st Bristol, played 17, 39 points
    2nd Lionesses, played 17, 36 points
    3rd Charlton, played 16, 30 points 
  • Highlights of the Coventry game are on the FA Player, if you have a login:  https://faplayer.thefa.com/video/MF82OThiZjZpdiU3QyUyRnNlY3Rpb24lM0ZwYWdlJTNEaG9tZS1wYWdlJTdDY2Fyb3VzZWwtNA==

We're at home on Sunday, kickoff at 12 noon not the usual 2pm so the visitors can get home earlier.

2 Apr: London City Lionesses, away, 2pm. At Pride Princes Park, Dartford FC. £8 adult, £4 concession. Tickets from here.
    9 Apr: week off (international weekend, England play Brazil 6/4 and Australia 11/4)
    16 Apr: Durham, HOME, 12noon. At The Valley. £10 adult, £5 over-65 or under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day.

As usual the game at the Valley will be West Lower only. Tickets will be posted out to women's season ticket holders in advance. 
  • If you're coming to tomorrow's game at the Oakwood, don't forget it's a 12 noon kickoff.

Highlights now up on Youtube for both Coventry and Blackburn.

2 Apr: London City Lionesses, away, 2pm. At Princes Park, Dartford FC. £8 adult, £4 concession. Tickets from here.
    16 Apr: Durham, HOME, 12noon. At The Valley. £10 adult, £5 over-65 or under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day.