Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton women news - (2024-25 fixtures p78)

1777879808183»

Comments

• Go girls 👍
  • Attendance: 416

Over 200 down on the last home game 
  • That was a really resilient performance. Although we were on top for a lot of the second half I was only expecting a breakaway and a 2-0 defeat. 
    Great that they hung on to 2-1. Its the fourth women's game I've seen and the first in which they haven't let in a goal after 90 minutes. 
    Disappointing about the attendance.
  • what was attendance in corresponding game last season ? 
  • MrOneLung said:
    what was attendance in corresponding game last season ? 
  • I think the early kick off didnt help. My daughter got there from work about 10m into the 2nd half.
    But at least she got to see both our goals
  • fenaddick said:
    MrOneLung said:
    It was disappointing that there were no mascots yesterday. Inviting a local team boosts the attendance with their families wanting to see them on the pitch.
  • fenaddick said:
    MrOneLung said:
    At VCD
  • fenaddick said:
    MrOneLung said:
    I couldn't find that on the server.  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 23
    fenaddick said:
    I wonder how that translates in to hard cash for clubs?

I assume the WSL will take the bulk but still might sweaten the pill on the losses made by CAW ( which are lower than the mens)
  • shirty5 said:
    fenaddick said:
    MrOneLung said:
    At VCD
    Previous ground probably closer to most of our supporters

Can imagine quite soulless at the Valley yesterday but understand they have to play there to get the funding for our pitch
  • Crusty54 said:
    fenaddick said:
    MrOneLung said:
    It was disappointing that there were no mascots yesterday. Inviting a local team boosts the attendance with their families wanting to see them on the pitch.
    I've contacted the club multiple times about getting involved with my club, and I don't even get responses. We have girls from 3 through to 12. Don't worry though, because LCL are pushing in the area, so the girl's won't miss out. It'll just be with them instead. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    shirty5 said:
    fenaddick said:
    MrOneLung said:
    At VCD
    Previous ground probably closer to most of our supporters

Can imagine quite soulless at the Valley yesterday but understand they have to play there to get the funding for our pitch
    It is very eery. From being able to park nearby to walking along empty roads and getting into an empty stadium. Hearing the referee, echoes around the stadium. Whilst understanding the need to be there, VCD would be a better venue for atmosphere
  • It does feel more like an under 21's game rather than a full competitive senior game. Although we sit a few rows behind the home dugout and it's quite interesting as you can hear Karen and the coaches talking and what they're saying. Or like yesterday at 1 down when we could have been 2 or 3 down, there was an injury break and the players came over. We were able to listen to the exchanges.

Although my daughter (4 years old) did then pick up on some of the words, and said that lady said a naughty word. The exchange got a bit heated and at one point Ellie Brazil said to the group "they want you to get rattled and you're f****** rattled!"  :D
  • edited September 23
    I know it’s a long way off but if we get promoted will be so interesting to see what happens to the atmosphere. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that when Chelsea or Arsenal came to The Valley they would bring a larger away support than the home gate. 
  • 29 Sep: Blackburn Rovers, away. 12 noon. At Ewood Park. £10 adult, £8 over-65, £6 under-18, £4 under-12. Tickets from here.
    2 Oct (Weds): Tottenham Hotspur (League Cup), HOME, 7.15pm. At The Valley. £5 adult, £3 over-65, £3 under-25, £1 under-18.
    6 Oct: Sunderland, HOME, 2pm. At The Valley. £10 adult, £7 over-65, £6 under-25, £5 under-18. Also live on YouTube.
    13 Oct: London City Lionesses, away. 2pm. At Hayes Lane (Bromley FC). £13 adult, £9 over-65, £9 under-23, £7 under-18. Tickets from here (sold by Bromley). 
    20 Oct: Newcastle United, away, 12 noon. At Kingston Park (Newcastle Falcons RFC). £8.75 adult, £3.75 concessions. Tickets from here (not on sale yet).
    27 Oct: international break. England play friendlies vs Germany at Wembley Fri 25th and South Africa at Coventry Tues 30th.

The Women's Championship YouTube channel has highlights and full-match replays of the games so far. The Sunderland game will be the first one streamed live. https://www.youtube.com/@BarclaysWC

• I've just seen today that former Addicks Elise Hughes and Jorja Fox have both suffered ACL injuries while at Palace. Real shame for them as they'll both probably miss the whole WSL season, though Hughes has a chance of seeing some of it. There's been three ACL injuries in two weeks in the WSL already, something has to change
  • I've just seen today that former Addicks Elise Hughes and Jorja Fox have both suffered ACL injuries while at Palace. Real shame for them as they'll both probably miss the whole WSL season, though Hughes has a chance of seeing some of it. There's been three ACL injuries in two weeks in the WSL already, something has to change
    Elise's injury was at the end of last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Crusty54 said:
    I've just seen today that former Addicks Elise Hughes and Jorja Fox have both suffered ACL injuries while at Palace. Real shame for them as they'll both probably miss the whole WSL season, though Hughes has a chance of seeing some of it. There's been three ACL injuries in two weeks in the WSL already, something has to change
    Elise's injury was at the end of last season.
    Yes, I know. Hence me saying she might see some of the season.
  • is there a consensus on why there are so many ACL injuries in the women’s game?
  • is there a consensus on why there are so many ACL injuries in the women’s game?
    Different body shapes, different tolerances in the female body, until incredibly recently football boots weren't made specifically for the women's form
  • sam3110 said:
    is there a consensus on why there are so many ACL injuries in the women’s game?
    Different body shapes, different tolerances in the female body, until incredibly recently football boots weren't made specifically for the women's form
    I was told by Louise McGinn, last season's general manager, that the team buy their own boots. The specifically designed boots are very expensive.
  • sam3110 said:
    I read somewhere that during the menstrual cycle ligaments become looser, which could be a contributing factor.  There is research going on, but results can't come quick enough.
  • Crusty54 said:
    sam3110 said:
    I was told by Louise McGinn, last season's general manager, that the team buy their own boots. The specifically designed boots are very expensive.
    I believe there's a company that's started to make boots just for Women, called IDA, but I have no idea on the quality. The prices seem similar to elite level boots from Adidas and Nike though