Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Essex cricket 2018

Comments

• Options
    Cracking game. Bopara looked like he was happy to take the one run at the end there.
  • Options
    Serial bottler. Good game, very entertaining
  • Options
    Great game took two of mine and they loved it .
    The odd shout of eagles makes me feel a bit sick .
    Essex misfielded 3 balls that went for 4 instead of one or two runs , not good .
    25 off 9 needed down to 7 off 5 and then 6 off 2 and then 2 off 1 and a tie with a run out at the end was great entertainment
  • Options
    I mean , I don’t think I’ve ever posted a flipping picture properly on this site and I was all pleased it wasn’t 4 of the same pic at once and then I look and it’s turned around, poxy thing
  • Options

I mean , I don’t think I’ve ever posted a flipping picture properly on this site and I was all pleased it wasn’t 4 of the same pic at once and then I look and it’s turned around, poxy thing

At least @MrOneLung will be pleased !
  • Options
    Am on holiday in Rhodes with Jamie’s parents at moment and was following online. His first two overs went for 12 and then they just give him the 19th. Doesn’t make sense to me. But what do I know !!
  • Options
    We were talking about this again today.

You open the bowling with all the fielding restrictions in place so can be expected to get hit a bit and you only go for 12 off of your first two overs and then they only give you one more over at the death.

@oohaahmortimer why do you think they didn’t give him the full four overs?

Was it pace off the ball was working ?
  • Options
    He bowled the first over for 2, second went for 10. Quinn went for 10+ and 20+, Wagner a lot... It was only when Zampa Bopara and Harmer bowled the run rate went straight down. Quinn then went for 19 in the last over... I thought Bopara was going to bowl last. Jamie did ok in his third over. No way Quinn should have bowled that last over, he'd visibly lost his confidence and kept looking over at Ten Doeschate
  • Options
    Cheers @McBobbin

Yeah not sure about Quinn having that last over.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe they thought he'd get some wickets... Bopara is hard to score against normally, bit is slow so can get picked off.
  • Options
    Speak of the devil and Jamie has just surprised us and turned up in Rhodes !!

• Options
    Give him a big hello from me!

Then ask him why Quinn bowled that over... ;)
  • Options
    How do I upload a video that’s on my phone?
  • Options
    The slows we’re doing well and none of the quicks were bowling out the full 4 overs.

Said wasn’t the best final over to be honest, but quinny was up for it

• Options
    Mcbobbin nailed it , yet makes no sense why Porter didn’t get the another over in front of a demoralised Quinn , Porter would hardly be shattered by the time he batted because of an extra over .
  • Options
    I actually rate Quinn...

Gotta say though, when it's close like that and the beer and runs are flowing, the atmosphere at Chelmsford pisses all over the oval. I live about 5 mins away, and the neighbours told me that it sounded like they were there... The city was rocking! Criticise T20 all you like, but when it's good, it's very good.

Can't wait to take my kids... Eldest is 7 so might take her to any early match next year. She'd enjoy the fielders being bullied into flossing if nothing else...

Btw, my Mrs, arch feminist that she is, poo-pooed the notion of cheerleaders. She pondered of perhaps the crowd wants to see fat old ugly men dancing instead. Made me laugh. She's clearly never been to a cricket match... Most of the crowd fits that description, and about half broke out the moves for Bopara's four in the last over
  • Options

Got a video on my phone from last night of Jamie saying ‘ ooh aah Mortimer, hope your boys enjoyed the game’ but I just can’t work out how to post it here.

Jamie is definitely Not playing against India in the game against Essex.

• Options
    Oh dear!
  • Options
    They have been woeful in this format this year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll be going on Friday to what will certainly be a dead rubber. Oh well, at least I can get smashed.
  • Options
    Essex are 154-1 chasing 336 to beat Somerset.

Can their under-performing batsmen see them across the line for a much needed victory ?
  • Options
    So much for Somerset's spin twins eh?
  • Options
    two wickets down today already - both the set batsmen.
    One of them to Leach
  • Options
    Leach seems to be making it happen. Shaping up into a thriller. Supporting Somerset alas for purely selfish Worcs-related reasons
  • Options
    think Somerset have got this now.
  • Options
    282-8

leach has got 6 of them
  • Options
    Been a while

Essex are 257-2 against Notts chasing a victory total of 282

All very tight from 3rd down to relegation
  • Options
    Good bounce back if we win... Vijay seems a good signing, seeing as Cook is sitting out the rest of the season
  • Options
    Vijay and Westley both with tons. Westley's form has been rotten, so we can finish strong.